Why does Universal close early?

IAmFloridaBorn

That is meant for hotel guests only as it's only a 10-lane alley. Not sure why they couldn't have another, bigger venue at CityWalk for non-hotel guests.
I have been saying this for years. But everybody seems to think it's stupid idea. A Bowling Alley at City walk would be killer. Access of ease is what gets guests to stay on property!

IAmFloridaBorn

I guess to each his/her own. You're probably right, but much like Splitsville, a bowling alley would do nothing for me. I can bowl at home.
Okay, then don't go. But I'm a local, and this is home. If I'm at Universal I'm a guest and wouldn't mind it. Being the two posts were talking about people not at a Hotel and just daily guest, don't see how your post had any relevance to my opinion with your own. Not in a rude way lol. Im just syaing you can probably go to a theme park where you live as well, why venture out of state? IDK In my opinion the bowling alley doesnt have to be typical. It's just a matter of theming it really well. Character lanes, Character Balls, and even split level bowling or something. IDK Just trying to get more things for city walk lol

Tony Perkis

It does stink when there are special events the rest of us aren't invited to, but it is a special night for grads- one of the last they'll ever have together. I went to the Disney one in 1994- it was the best time <3
1013889_10200859662605121_1586085593_n.jpg
Holy 90's sitcom, Batman!

PinnySmart

I doubt we ever see extremely late hours at Universal Orlando. I have heard, and have no facts to back this up, that due to the surrounding neighborhoods Universal is limited to how late they can be open due to a noise ordinance. Again this may be totally false but I have heard it on several occasions. Although come to think about it USF is open until 12 and 1 a.m. For HHN. So who knows. But always "know before you go" and check the calendar on the website or call the guest services line. Complaining here on a forum of Uni fans is pointless.

danpam1024

I doubt we ever see extremely late hours at Universal Orlando. I have heard, and have no facts to back this up, that due to the surrounding neighborhoods Universal is limited to how late they can be open due to a noise ordinance. Again this may be totally false but I have heard it on several occasions. Although come to think about it USF is open until 12 and 1 a.m. For HHN. So who knows. But always "know before you go" and check the calendar on the website or call the guest services line. Complaining here on a forum of Uni fans is pointless.
That can't really be true -CW is open late and there are concerts, special events etc. I'm sure later hours are coming...:joyfull:

IAmFloridaBorn

Not as much the noise as the Traffic. City walk won't have 50,000 people exiting between 11- and 1 AM the theme parks would. And that area makes sure the noise ordinance is in full effect.
The noise is only for fireworks. (If I remember correctly at a city meeting)
Back in the 90's Universal used to have very LOUD shows that could be heard from miles away and seen as well. Well the Dr Phillips neighborhood put a stop to that asap. They have later hours in the summer because school is out and the days are longer as well. Meaning more money to be made as long as they are not interfering with the neighborhood. Like they say, Rich people go to sleep early. If you get what I'm saying.

jloucks

Entire park rentals!? THAT explains why we were hearing roller coasters at the hotel several hours past closing time! ...also might explain why we got such a good deal on our package. Obviously this was never explained what-so-ever.

JordanNite

Original Poster
Never knew Universal would turn their own paying public out to rent out to corporates.

Pretty low rent is that.

JordanNite

Original Poster
The Magic Kingdom closes at 6PM this Sunday (5/31) for some low rent fun, hope you checked the calendar.

Disney has three other resorts you can pop into pretty much next to each other. Universal even closes IOA early on these days. So they must be renting both parks out. Bad taste in my mouth.

JordanNite

Original Poster
Well, thank goodness there's a calendar for someone to look at to see when the parks close early. Or had you forgotten?

Sometimes with a limited schedule you have limited choice as to when to go.

Are you suggesting we all avoid Universal when they close early?

JordanNite

Original Poster
How about Universal reducing their tickets cost when they close the parks and turf out their customers early for corporate guests?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom