The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Thanks, Gabe.
Y'all be safe, too.

The storms hitting us now are kinda breaking down to mostly just rain. Thank goodness. Not that we need the rain this week but so much better than the mega storms we had today. Coupled with the timing of the whirly birds falling from the Maple Trees the sewer system isn't taking it. Curious to see the river in the morning.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hubby and I did the Behind the Seeds tour, finally, in June of 2014. I had been wanting to do the tour for a really long time. It was a lot of fun, and hubby even got to release some of the lady bugs. It would be a tour I would do again definitely!

That's great! We didn't get to do the ladybug release, but he did give us all some slices of freshly picked cucumbers to munch on, that they had just pulled from the garden. I also like how they use quite a bit of produce from The Land, to supply some of their own restaurants at WDW.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
You can have it. We live with that kind of weather all the time. I always feel like I'm melting.

I like dressing for cooler weather. It's hard to wear a cardigan when it feels like it's over 100 degrees.

Yes!! In addition to not liking super hot, humid temperatures, I was never a fan of summer clothes (on me, anyway). There's just no style to them, IMO. I can always get more creative with colder weather clothing.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
there is always a drawback somewhere!

True. I was thinking about what you said and what @betty rose said, and it reminded me of something said to me years ago. I was working (briefly) at a college, right after I graduated from school. I was telling this older, Chinese professor how much better the job I had would be, and improvement to my quality of life, "if only" (and then I had a list of improvements I'd like to happen . . . :rolleyes:). He listened politely, and then simply stated, "There is no utopia."

I never forgot those words! :hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
With regard to those in-park survey CMs, they do seem to definitely target specific groups (gender, age, etc.). Last week, (in DHS, for example), they ignored me at the entrance area and I noticed they were only surveying men. However, when I walked out of a gift shop (can't remember the name, but it was a general merchandise one, near the front of the park), a CM made a beeline for me. He asked me to rate my experience in the gift shop . . . :rolleyes: Before I could give him an honest answer (underwhelmed . . .), he gave me choices such as excellent, better than average, and maybe one was something like, just average. So, I gave it the least favorable, and he asked me if there was something I was looking for that wasn't there. I said, yes--postcards. He asked if I asked a CM if they had them. I said no. End of survey. :cautious:

seahawk7

With regard to those in-park survey CMs, they do seem to definitely target specific groups (gender, age, etc.). Last week, (in DHS, for example), they ignored me at the entrance area and I noticed they were only surveying men. However, when I walked out of a gift shop (can't remember the name, but it was a general merchandise one, near the front of the park), a CM made a beeline for me. He asked me to rate my experience in the gift shop . . . :rolleyes: Before I could give him an honest answer (underwhelmed . . .), he gave me choices such as excellent, better than average, and maybe one was something like, just average. So, I gave it the least favorable, and he asked me if there was something I was looking for that wasn't there. I said, yes--postcards. He asked if I asked a CM if they had them. I said no. End of survey. :cautious:
I've always been ignored for surveys except at Disney Quest.

seahawk7

Picture0955.jpg
Dinner at the Rebel Hanger. Characters walked around. The Jawas traded with people. They were hilarious.
Picture0953.jpg
My son's favorite and one of mine: Chewbacca.
Picture0957.jpg
I got the hummus.
Picture0958.jpg
And the garlic fries. They were yummy.
Picture0959.jpg
My son got the cheese plate and chicken and waffles.
Picture0960.jpg
We both got the trio of cupcakes that came in this souvenir box where Hans Solo was stuck in carbonite.
My favorite was the Darth Vader chocolate one which I felt guilty about because I wanted to like Yoda better. We played around with the Storm Troopers. I told them, "we are not the people you are looking for." And they nodded and walked away. The next time they came around I said, " the Rebel spy went that way," and pointed towards the entrance and he ran that way. The characters were awesome and made the experience. The food was good too.

Eric1955

Yes!! In addition to not liking super hot, humid temperatures, I was never a fan of summer clothes (on me, anyway). There's just no style to them, IMO. I can always get more creative with colder weather clothing.

I feel exactly the same way.

The other good thing about colder weather is that if your cold you can always put on more clothing. However, with hot weather you can only take off so much clothing and then your still hot.

Cesar R M

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom