The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

You can have it. We live with that kind of weather all the time. I always feel like I'm melting.

I like dressing for cooler weather. It's hard to wear a cardigan when it feels like it's over 100 degrees.
I don't like too hot, over 80 or too cold under 70. I keep telling hubby it's time to move to Hawaii. Of course, I can't breathe with their constantly erupting volcano's. I guess there is really no paradise.;):D

donaldtoo

and very expensive if I remember correctly.
Because they need to evaporate, then distille the water. And the salt corrodes a lot of metals, where the water corrodes others.

Have heard same.
I'm sure, like most everything else, the technology will improve and cost will gradually decrease, if the need to pursue it is deemed necessary.
Necessity bein' the mother of invention, and all. ;)

seahawk7

@seahawk7 , did you go to the character breakfast at the Swan over the weekend? I know you were considering it, and when I saw that you had that picture from the boat near the International Gateway, I was wondering if you had come back from the Swan.

I liked your pictures from The Land. On my last day (last Thursday), I took the Behind the Seeds tour (again--I've done it at least 6 times over the past 10 years). I also had a coupon from a Birnbaum's book I have, and that gave me $3 off the admission--it's up to $20 for adults now, for that tour. (I remember when it was around $12.) Anyway, I love that tour and think it's one of the best 1-hour blocks of time I spend at WDW. It's very informative, and I like learning about plants, IPM (integrated pest management, versus chemicals on plants), and lots of other cool things. The guide had just graduated from the Univ. of Florida, and he was very knowledgeable about all kinds of plants and growing procedures.

Loved all your pictures of food!!! Good selections, too!! I like the desserts of the chocolate parfait and cherry tart from France, and the waffle dessert from Norway looked awesome! :joyfull: :happy:
We have not a character breakfast, we do have a reservation for dinner at the Garden Grove later. We did go to the Swan but it was to check out where my daughter's shuttle was going to pick her up to take her to the airport. She had to leave to go back for school and work. It was sad for us.

donaldtoo

Oh, my goodness that looks so horrible and scary. I hate floods. They can take your breath away, and property. I've experienced that in Kansas City. I get a panic attack, seeing all the destruction. I pray that we don't have anymore destruction, in the world , from floods. Life gets overwhelming , at times.

No worries. The Lake filling up is a good thing. :) One of the few good things about these torrential rains, of late.
Most of Texas has been in a severe drought for several years now.
The highest point on that island/peninsula is 658 feet above mean sea level. The lake is considered "full" at (although it's gone well above this number many times) 681 feet above mean sea level. So, when the lake is full, the highest point on that island/peninsula is 23 feet below the surface of the water. :)

seahawk7

@seahawk7 , did you go to the character breakfast at the Swan over the weekend? I know you were considering it, and when I saw that you had that picture from the boat near the International Gateway, I was wondering if you had come back from the Swan.

I liked your pictures from The Land. On my last day (last Thursday), I took the Behind the Seeds tour (again--I've done it at least 6 times over the past 10 years). I also had a coupon from a Birnbaum's book I have, and that gave me $3 off the admission--it's up to $20 for adults now, for that tour. (I remember when it was around $12.) Anyway, I love that tour and think it's one of the best 1-hour blocks of time I spend at WDW. It's very informative, and I like learning about plants, IPM (integrated pest management, versus chemicals on plants), and lots of other cool things. The guide had just graduated from the Univ. of Florida, and he was very knowledgeable about all kinds of plants and growing procedures.

Loved all your pictures of food!!! Good selections, too!! I like the desserts of the chocolate parfait and cherry tart from France, and the waffle dessert from Norway looked awesome! :joyfull: :happy:
We have not a character breakfast, we do have a reservation for dinner at the Garden Grove later. We did go to the Swan but it was to check out where my daughter's shuttle was going to pick her up to take her to the airport. She had to leave to go back for school and work. It was sad for us.

Cesar R M

But, sand cats love the desert (well, I guess they're more in central Asian and North African deserts, not California, but they're so cute I couldn't resist a picture here ;)). And, I'll bet that @StarWarsGirl95 likes sand cats. :cat:

Sand-cat-baby2.png
they are definitively adorable.
their concerned look makes them so cute!

seahawk7

Cesar R M

sad? or liberating?

I have no idea why I imagine you acting all sad.. until she leaves.. then you're all IM FREEEEEEE!!!
and run to the parks to do all you can XD

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom