Pre-Trip Think the undoable and do the unthinkable

I have some great news! Last November we decided not to go back to WDW in October 2015. The flights from Amsterdam to Orlando were much more expensive so we decided to postpone it to 2016. Maybe some short trips to DLP and a summer vacation in Southern Europe was what we wanted to do!

But when we got married in 2010 we said that in the year we are married 5 years we go to Florida!

Then we try to find a decent summer vacation and well.... when we compared it to the prices we have to pay for a WDW trip in October..... :)

So we thought, what the heck! Let's do it! And do it even better than last October! Let's go into a Disney hotel! And we are married 5 years by the time we are in WDW!

So guess what, we booked our trip for October 2015! WDW here we come again! We booked a room in the All Star Movie Resort from October 16th until October 24th :)

Update 02-02-2015: When we booked the trip we tried to book a room in the Port Orleans French Quater, but it was all fully booked. But last Friday I found out that the resort was open for bookings again. So I called the travel agency and guess what?? We upgraded to Port Orleans!!!!!!!

Update 24-06-2015: Guess what :) We booked another WDW trip! October 2016 will be the second future visit!! And with a lot of advantages :) 200$ gift card, free Memory Maker, Ultimate tickets for 14 days for the price of 7 and a free dining plan! And this time we are staying at Port Orleans River Side!!

Who:
Me, my wife Ria and our daugther Sacha (last time we went with a group of 7, now just our family)

STUDIO_HBDARKRM_7076793821.jpeg

When:
October 16th - October 24th (so we can go to the Not So Scary again!)

090.JPG

Where:
Port Orleans French Quarter

port orleans.jpg

So from now on I will keep you informed when there is news from this side of the ocean!

We are really thrilled we are coming back to WDW! The feeling is very good but is getting better by the day!

Last edited:

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Woo hoo! We're going just a couple of weeks before you. I am SO EXCITED. We were the same way, thought we weren't going to go this year, but couldn't help it :D Looking forward to hearing about your plans!

hej that's great! Where are you staying? How many times were you in the world? :) Most plans are already in the TR. We are staying at POFQ from Oct 16 until Oct 24. Oct 18 we have diner in Sci-fi. Oct 22 we will be at MNSHHP and we have memorymaker. When we hit the 90 days mark we will try to get ADR for BOG. We did not filled in every day so we will go with the flow I guess. We have a 7 day hopper pass and maybe we will do a day in Universal. This trip we didn't rent a car since we stay on property. Trying to find out public transport from WDW to Univ, but seems to be a long ride....... enjoy your pre feelings!!

sheriffwoody

We're staying in Bay Lake Tower this time with rented points. I LOVE POFQ! That's where we stayed on our honeymoon so it'll always be special to me. This is only our 4th trip since we both went for the first time in 2012. Sounds like you have a great trip planned! We are only doing 5 days :( Someday I want to do more. I thought about adding a couple of universal days on the end, but they close at 5pm those days, so I'm not sure I want to spend the money for it. Also, I remember seeing someone who used Uber to get from WDW to Uni, so that might be an option. We drive down from Tennessee, so we have our own transport :)

Minnesota disney fan

We're staying in Bay Lake Tower this time with rented points. I LOVE POFQ! That's where we stayed on our honeymoon so it'll always be special to me. This is only our 4th trip since we both went for the first time in 2012. Sounds like you have a great trip planned! We are only doing 5 days :( Someday I want to do more. I thought about adding a couple of universal days on the end, but they close at 5pm those days, so I'm not sure I want to spend the money for it. Also, I remember seeing someone who used Uber to get from WDW to Uni, so that might be an option. We drive down from Tennessee, so we have our own transport :)

Hi, I just had to add my 2 cents worth about transportation to Universal from WDW. I have only heard bad things about Uber, so don't actually know myself? We are staying at WDW in Nov. and are planning a day trip to Universal and are going to call a taxi cab. We have gone back and forth between Mears shuttles vs. taxi's. We have kinda settled on a taxi, as the cost will be about the same and you don't make several stops as with Mears. As I said, I don't have any first hand knowledge of Uber, but have heard horror stories about it. I guess I would recommend checking out all the Disney sites and transportation sites regarding these options. I hope we picked the best with a taxi? good luck:)

FlaggNL

Original Poster

Wow the honeymoon in POFQ, we did our Honeymoon to DLP almost 5 years ago :) And as I mentioned before, that's one of the main reasons we go again this year! We will see of we have time to do Universal as well. Since we stay on the property maybe Universal will be in our next trip in the (near) future. And when we do I don't think we will use Uber :) Although thanks gfor the tip!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Hi, I just had to add my 2 cents worth about transportation to Universal from WDW. I have only heard bad things about Uber, so don't actually know myself? We are staying at WDW in Nov. and are planning a day trip to Universal and are going to call a taxi cab. We have gone back and forth between Mears shuttles vs. taxi's. We have kinda settled on a taxi, as the cost will be about the same and you don't make several stops as with Mears. As I said, I don't have any first hand knowledge of Uber, but have heard horror stories about it. I guess I would recommend checking out all the Disney sites and transportation sites regarding these options. I hope we picked the best with a taxi? good luck:)

Hej thanks for the tip! When we do Universal I guess we will use a taxi. Although it is possible we don't do Universal this time......

Nubs70

hej that's great! Where are you staying? How many times were you in the world? :) Most plans are already in the TR. We are staying at POFQ from Oct 16 until Oct 24. Oct 18 we have diner in Sci-fi. Oct 22 we will be at MNSHHP and we have memorymaker. When we hit the 90 days mark we will try to get ADR for BOG. We did not filled in every day so we will go with the flow I guess. We have a 7 day hopper pass and maybe we will do a day in Universal. This trip we didn't rent a car since we stay on property. Trying to find out public transport from WDW to Univ, but seems to be a long ride....... enjoy your pre feelings!!
On transport to and from UNI.

You can rent a car from the on property rental place at WDW. A free shuttle will will pick you up at POFQ to get the car and drop you back off upon return.

sheriffwoody

I must have weird friends because everyone I know who has used Uber has had a fine experience. Maybe it depends on the city, who knows. Taxis are just so high in Orlando from what I've heard and have terrible service. We drive anyway, so we've never had to worry about it.

FlaggNL

Original Poster
On transport to and from UNI.

You can rent a car from the on property rental place at WDW. A free shuttle will will pick you up at POFQ to get the car and drop you back off upon return.

That's what we thought of also! If we do a Universal day we probably will rent a car.... maybe also some time for some shopping centers that day :) Thanks!!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
I must have weird friends because everyone I know who has used Uber has had a fine experience. Maybe it depends on the city, who knows. Taxis are just so high in Orlando from what I've heard and have terrible service. We drive anyway, so we've never had to worry about it.

Last October we also had a car, so there were no worries, so I guess if we do universal we will rent a car at Disney :)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Time for a little tiny update :) We're not even in WDW yet, we just passed the 130 day mark. But we are already thinking about a trip in 2016. The UK website of Disneyworld has such a great opportunity :) Free dining plan, 200 $ gift card, free memory maker, 14 day ultimate ticket for the price of 7 :) Only thing is you have to book before July 9th and stay in WDW between Januari and November 2016. So we are discussing summer holiday or October :) Don't now yet, but mu best guess so far is being back in the World in 2016 during our summer holidays somewhere in July :)

Minnesota disney fan

Time for a little tiny update :) We're not even in WDW yet, we just passed the 130 day mark. But we are already thinking about a trip in 2016. The UK website of Disneyworld has such a great opportunity :) Free dining plan, 200 $ gift card, free memory maker, 14 day ultimate ticket for the price of 7 :) Only thing is you have to book before July 9th and stay in WDW between Januari and November 2016. So we are discussing summer holiday or October :) Don't now yet, but mu best guess so far is being back in the World in 2016 during our summer holidays somewhere in July :)

Just curious, have you ever been to Florida in July??? If not, it can be brutal with hot temperatures, very high humidity, large crowds, south American tour groups. Our family went once in July, BUT we lived in the south at that time, so we were used to the heat and humidity. Guessing that since you are from the UK, you would not be too used to that kind of tropical climate. I guess I would take all that into consideration, and I hope you have a wonderful trip whenever you go:)

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Just curious, have you ever been to Florida in July??? If not, it can be brutal with hot temperatures, very high humidity, large crowds, south American tour groups. Our family went once in July, BUT we lived in the south at that time, so we were used to the heat and humidity. Guessing that since you are from the UK, you would not be too used to that kind of tropical climate. I guess I would take all that into consideration, and I hope you have a wonderful trip whenever you go:)

Thanks for the tip! I once was in WDW in July! But that was when I was 18, so long long time ago :) We are aware of the temperatures, the humidity and the crowd. But like I said, it is our summer holiday and the benefits are the most when we go for a trip for 14 days. We have to go within a holiday period of Sacha, since she is still attending college. And we can't keep her out of school without problems with school and the law. You are right that we are not used too the tropical climate, but we are not from UK but The Netherlands, although it is nearby :) Last October we also had high temperatures only the humidity was much lower than in July and we had no rain. We haven't decided yet, but for now July is the biggest chance of going!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom