DHS CARS LAND

Sped2424

It's called strategic planning: you don't just play with projects that cost hundreds of millions of dollars because you want to be cool, you do it with a goal in mind.

Universal will never make anything else that will draw like Harry Potter. Right now they are spending huge amounts of money because they made so much from Potter, which is great for them and it's probably what they should be doing, but they are doing what Disney did in the mid 80s-90s and bringing the resort up to what its potential is now that they finally have the money to do it. Kong, Fast & Furious, Waterpark, no matter what they build they will not see After the next few years Universal is going to plateau and stop all the big projects.
lol Being cool? Do you think Uni is building aggressively because it's cool? Or because time and time again they have proven that build it quick and great and the land pays itself off in no time. Disney is not strategically planning anything. Star Wars Land was delayed and meant to be a project that started a long long time ago in a kingdom far away ;). But it didn't due to the my magic + budget going super nova, the same for avatar land. Universal isn't plateauing anytime soon from the looks of it my friend. And Disney did bring their resorts up to potential in those hay days, and then they sent them rocketing back in the late 90's and early 2000's. The facts are these, ever single park NEEDS new rides some far more than others. But no one can defend the complete stagnation that has been happening at the walt disney resort when it came to new attractions pre 2012.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I can't give any numerical details because my friend would kill me, but i'll just say that they are expecting a massive attendance increase at DHS 4 or so years from now.
4 years? Bit early.

Let's be honest. DHS should be getting the boost now from projects that were meant to be implemented 6 years ago.

It's a mess and it still is. The park has been consistently mismanaged for almost a decade now and the result is what we see today.

ToTBellHop

4 years? Bit early.

Let's be honest. DHS should be getting the boost now from projects that were meant to be implemented 6 years ago.

It's a mess and it still is. The park has been consistently mismanaged for almost a decade now and the result is what we see today.
With no end in sight. I would love to at least feel optimism toward the park but the powers-that-be seem all-too-eager to pretend nothing is wrong as long as they have Star Wars Weekends, FroFun, and Christmas lights (all of which are impressive on their own). It's unfortunate as I think the park has such potential.

CaptainAmerica

4 years? Bit early.

So is the new conventional wisdom that focus shifts to DHS once DAK is done?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So is the new conventional wisdom that focus shifts to DHS once DAK is done?
You'd hope wouldn't you? Though there's no reason aside from money why both can't be done at the same time.

The bigger worry is if Iger decrees that only one park can be fixed at once, Epcot might not be fixed until mid next decade. Can it wait that long?

Mike S

You'd hope wouldn't you? Though there's no reason aside from money why both can't be done at the same time.

The bigger worry is if Iger decrees that only one park can be fixed at once, Epcot might not be fixed until mid next decade. Can it wait that long?
I think I like the idea of waiting a bit for Epcot to be fixed. Iger will hopefully be gone by then and maybe, just maybe, we can get someone who would actually let WDI properly fix it rather than band aid stuff like Frozen.

Pipe dream, I know.......

RSoxNo1

I think right now, Epcot is a worse park than Hollywood Studios.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Only half of epcot is broken. The world showcase- while I'd love more attractions, restaurants, and countries- is still great for what it is. Future World is only 30% decent. That's a freakin mess. But compared to DHS? epcot is at least half a park.

This would make sense. Relating it to how Avatar went down-
-Announced in Sept 2011
-Construction Started January 2014
-Construction completion estimated early 2017

So for Star Wars:
-Announced in Sept 2015
-Construction Starts mid-late 2017
-Estimated Completion 2020/2021

The scary thing is- Avatar had 2 yrs and 4 months after announcement before shovels hit the dirt. So for Star Wars it would be around a year and a half +/- a few months. Essentially- if it isn't announced this year- which who knows if it will be- then we can kiss that 2020 date buh-bye.

If only Disney would do what they could do and have this bad boy done by 2018. :(

But by contrast, Fantasyland was announced 9/12/2009 and construction became apparent 2/10/2010 so that was at most 5 months between announcement and start of construction.

misterID

4 years? Bit early.

I don't think the DHS has been managed well from the day it opened. The funny thing seeing how old the park is now DHS should be way ahead of at least one of UNIs parks and it isn't. I was there on both special openings before it was open to the public and they were pretty much in the same place head to head and now... Man, it's weird.

misterID

I think right now, Epcot is a worse park than Hollywood Studios.
With all it's problems, and there are a lot at EPCOT, I can still enjoy an entire day at EPCOT rather than DHS. Vibe goes a long way and after a while DHS feels claustrophobic and miserable. EPCOT doesn't need the vast amount of work DHS does, imo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom