Trip Report Finally back home. That is my WDW home.

Magical greetings, my fellow Disney freaks!
Some of you will have followed my countdown and now the counting down is about to become a reality.
Where else does anyone understand our passion for all things Disney other than here on this site?
My friends are starting to understand that Disney is part of my life. I don't know what's happening most of the time in the real world but in the Disney world I know what's happening daily!
I am going to attempt live (well daily reports) throughout our stay using Disney wi fi either at the end or beginning of the day - well that's the plan but if it gets too much I may need to pick up on my return but I will let you know.

I am a PA for work so I do need to be organised but I feel a bit over planned for this trip in terms of fast pass etc. I just hope it hasn't affected queue times too much in the parks but will feed back my thought. At the moment I have embraced it. Whilst it was in use last year the old fast pass ticket machines were still there.

I will be in Disney every one of our vacation days. In some cases hours rather than days. So we will see who makes it through to the end with me!
I have lived through others trip reports and thought I would return the favour to those feeling the Disney blues. - welcome aboard.
I hope I can inspire some of you (lurkers) to join to comment like Nicole @prfctlyximprct did to me! I got so into her report that most of my friends know about her and Chris asked when she was coming to stay! (And she's just got back from another trip) so especially for you Nicole I hope this helps you with those Disney blues.

Longers

Original Poster
I had never seen one before so I looked them up on Disney store online. Now I want one, or two or three.
I hadn't heard of them either - I learnt of them from this forum. I ended up with 3 but I am sure more will be added to my collection later this year.
The last one I got I managed to get with a 20% discount as there was a code on a quick service receipt For food that I got - I really had to stop myself buying more at that point!
They are just a lovely everyday bracelet - you just have to get one (or 2)

prfctlyximprct

Me neither 236 days to go ...... This time my brother and his wife join us so we can show them a bit of Disney Magic.
Going to sign up for the jingle jungle 5k later so will have to train for that soon too.
Fancy joining us in November?

I have been pricing out Oct, Nov, and Dec to go with my boyfriend. I wanna see Halloween, but then I wanna see Christmas.. and my birthday's in Nov.. it's so tough! I also want to do a water park so I'm not sure the temps at that time.. My bf knows I want him to propose to me there so I feel like it will take a lot of convincing to get him down to Orlando but I am doing my best! Maybe I can meet up with you!!!!

SSH

I have been pricing out Oct, Nov, and Dec to go with my boyfriend. I wanna see Halloween, but then I wanna see Christmas.. and my birthday's in Nov.. it's so tough! I also want to do a water park so I'm not sure the temps at that time.. My bf knows I want him to propose to me there so I feel like it will take a lot of convincing to get him down to Orlando but I am doing my best! Maybe I can meet up with you!!!!

Re: water parks. October actually will be fine weather wise - it's still pretty warm for us that time of year...even into early November. But as someone who's done WDW 50+ times at pretty much all diff times of the year, imo, holidays at WDW are beyond spectacular and the biggest bang for your buck trip-wise if it works with your schedule. Water parks are fun and Halloween parties are too. But during the holidays, there's so much going on in every park, at Downtown Disney...the whole place is amazing. I can't even describe it in words - it's that breathtaking and beautiful. (I always go in early Dec - you can do the very merry xmas party and everything else, but avoid the huge Thanksgiving/Christmas crowds..)

Longers

Original Poster
That's why we go in November - just so I can do my birthday in Magic Kingdom!
I would love to have been proposed to in Disney but I can't complain as the first time I got there was part of a 2 holiday honeymoon (one in June to Barbados and 1 to Disney in the November) and we have been back every year since. Good luck with your convincing.
We normally get in a water park at some point so Nov would be ok.
And it would be great to meet up. The boys are going golf 1 day so is girls are probably going to do a character and princess meet and greet day - although it's all in the planning stages. There is always room for 1 more .......

Longers

Original Poster
I think it would be great if you two are able to meet up. I love your trip reports and I'm sure you'd have an awesome time. Would love to read about your combined adventures!
I totally agree. I think Nicole is a younger version of me - although I think someone would need to warn Disney we would be there together!

How are your plans coming along for your trip?
Any running done or Disney runs booked yet?

LisaBelle

Can't register for the race yet, but we are planning for the 2016 Princess 5k. No, mI haven't done any running yet. I am a big procrastinator when it comes to working out. We've had a vey cold and snowy winter. I hate the cold, so I have pretty much been a slug all winter!! Once spring hits my husband and I start walking every evening after work so that will be a good start. After school lets out for the summer (I am a teacher and am super busy and stressed during the school year)I am hoping to start one of those couch to 5k programs. I know I can stick with it over the summer, but maintaining after school starts in the fall and into the winter will be a challenge. I won't want to be embarrassed by being swept at Disney so I will have to do whatever it takes. I am pretty sure I can make the pace with fast walking, but don't want to risk it.
We have narrowed down hotel choices. If we can get a discount we'd like to stay at the Poly. If not, we will probably go with our tried and true Wilderness Lodge. If finances are tight we will try POFQ. We know we want to eat dinner at BoG so I will be stalking ADRs for sure :). We don't like to plan out too many meals (usually don't do dining plan unless we can get it free? Maybe?). I fell in love with Kona on our last trip so I'd like to take my sister there. Our other big goal is to eat and drink around World Showcase. I am a major lightweight so it will definitely be interesting ;)! Thanks for asking about our plans.
I think it will be fun for you to share the Disney magic with your brother and his wife. Are they newbies? Will you be writing a pre-trip?

Longers

Original Poster
Sounds like me - I feel the cold so have pretty much been indoors by the fire (although I have been fortunate to go to 2 different Canary Islands in the past 2 months on holiday to find some sunshine) I haven't done any running either so think I will be back on the 5k starter running programme again. Not sure how I will keep it up in Oct either before running in Nov.
we don't plan meals either - sitting eating is a waste in my world when I could be Absorbing everything although we will try for BOG too this year for lunch.
My brother has been to Disney before the last time was a couple of years ago when we met up and I gave him the true Disney pixie dust treatment. I gave him a badge, pins etc and he really loved it - hence the reason he has asked if he can join us again! :)
I think he saw Disney in a truly magical way as I love it so much it rubbed off on him.
I doubt there will be a pre trip as I don't think it would be that interesting as no ADR's etc but hoping I can find time again to do another report while I am there (maybe)

LisaBelle

I know what you are saying about the pre-trip. I kind of feel the same, but at the same time know I will be so excited I might want to share the excitement with all of my WDW Magic friends.
It is so awesome to share the Disney magic with others. It is the best when they become Disney lovers in their own right.
We will have to check in with one another to keep each other motivated with our fall and winter runDisney training.
Definitely hope you write another TR. Loved your last one.

Misterdcp

and fingers crossed for lower crowds!
Thanks for following along
I know this is an old thread, but I recently discovered the Trip Reports here and it's been fun getting my Dusney fix vicariously through other's trips! One of the reasons for the higher crowd levels could have been due to what they call "Jersey Week" Each November, New Jersey closes it's schools for 2 days in early Nov. for a teacher's convention, and since early november is an off-peak time, a lot of NJ families take advantage of this and head down to Disney. Not sure if this was why, but it could have been a factor

Longers

Original Poster
I know this is an old thread, but I recently discovered the Trip Reports here and it's been fun getting my Dusney fix vicariously through other's trips! One of the reasons for the higher crowd levels could have been due to what they call "Jersey Week" Each November, New Jersey closes it's schools for 2 days in early Nov. for a teacher's convention, and since early november is an off-peak time, a lot of NJ families take advantage of this and head down to Disney. Not sure if this was why, but it could have been a factor
We have gone on the same weeks every year and last year was the busiest we had seen it so whilst I did know about Jersey week and it is noticeably different it was still busier than normal. Hope you enjoyed the trip report!

Misterdcp

We have gone on the same weeks every year and last year was the busiest we had seen it so whilst I did know about Jersey week and it is noticeably different it was still busier than normal. Hope you enjoyed the trip report!
Oh Ok, that is a bit strange then.
Yes, I'm thoroughly enjoying the report. I love all of the pictures and POR is the only Disney resort I've ever stayed at. I LOVE it!

Longers

Original Poster
Ok since I have finally managed to pull some video together as promised.

I haven't done it all but have decided I will try to do a bit as I go along this year rather than waiting till I get home as this has taken months. Mainly due to the laptop breaking and trying to do everything via and Ipad and then having never used u tube trying to get logged in there!

I am getting there slowly.....
Hope you enjoy (and it works!)

Last edited:

Minnesota disney fan

Ok since I have finally managed to pull some video together as promised.

I haven't done it all but have decided I will try to do a bit as I go along this year rather than waiting till I get home as this has taken months. Mainly due to the laptop breaking and trying to do everything via and Ipad and then having never used u tube trying to get logged in there!

I am getting there slowly.....
Hope you enjoy (and it works!)

Oh I loved it! It made me happy and wishing I was at WDWagain! We are going November 11 thru 19th this fall and will be at our favorite place, too, POR. Love that place. It's our home away from home too:) I thought I saw you last November in the Mill, but wasn't sure, so didn't say anything. Maybe this year. When will you guys be at POR/WDW? Love your trip reports, esp the pics of the ice cream! I'm an ice creamaholic, I confess, and have one a day too:) I figure I'm walking the extra calories off, and it's Vacation anyway:)

Longers

Original Poster
Oh I loved it! It made me happy and wishing I was at WDWagain! We are going November 11 thru 19th this fall and will be at our favorite place, too, POR. Love that place. It's our home away from home too:) I thought I saw you last November in the Mill, but wasn't sure, so didn't say anything. Maybe this year. When will you guys be at POR/WDW? Love your trip reports, esp the pics of the ice cream! I'm an ice creamaholic, I confess, and have one a day too:) I figure I'm walking the extra calories off, and it's Vacation anyway:)
Hello Angelina - ha ha
Glad you liked it. I am working on video of all parks but it's taking so long!
And I think you promised me an ice cream last year! I will be at Riverside from 5th to 20th this year. My brother is joining us on 6th and leaving with us so I will be sharing my favourite place with him and his wife. You should have come to say hi you knew what we looked like from all our pictures. I am deciding whether to do a trip report this year. If I can I might do a video every day and at least then I won't be spending months doing them when I get home!
Hopefully we get to say hi this year :)

LisaBelle

Bravo!! I loved the video!! Your personalities and all the fun really shine through! Loved seeing the Mickey Pants Sundae! Have to try one of those next trip for sure.

Longers

Original Poster
Bravo!! I loved the video!! Your personalities and all the fun really shine through! Loved seeing the Mickey Pants Sundae! Have to try one of those next trip for sure.
I had so much video I just pulled together mainly all bits of us. I have so much video it's mad - but not unexpected with me as even after all these years I can easily take over 1000 photos per trip! I have put together lots of clips from Magic Kingdom rides, parades etc and hope to be able to get that sorted soon.
Hope the running has started?!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom