wilderness Lodge

mrs moon

Original Poster
Hi everyone.Can i have your advice please! I have booked a room at the Wilderness Lodge for 10 days the middle of October ,myself,daughter and 10yr old grand daughter. In view of the supposed construction what would you do? I could try the Floridian( although it would really sting me),but would really like to stay in that area. Advice please..Do i splurge or not panic and stay put....

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Stay put! The WL has been under various stages of refurbishment (main pool closure & construction; outside scaffolding for cleaning and repair; interior lobby light cleaning and repair) for almost a year and I have stayed there three times during the various work. It did not hamper my experience or enjoyment!

Any effect the proposed construction will have on you would be minimal. You will not be placed in a room in any area undergoing refurbishment. "Noise" will be restricted to daytime hours when you will be at the parks. And the cabins being built along the water are not in close proximity to the comings and goings of the main lodge and pool.

Do a WL thread search on this site and you will learn all about what WL has to offer!

I have also stayed at the Grand Floridian and think you should avoid the additional cost "sting" ;).

Welcome to WDWMagic!

ninjaprincesst

Hi everyone.Can i have your advice please! I have booked a room at the Wilderness Lodge for 10 days the middle of October ,myself,daughter and 10yr old grand daughter. In view of the supposed construction what would you do? I could try the Floridian( although it would really sting me),but would really like to stay in that area. Advice please..Do i splurge or not panic and stay put....

I seriously doubt any construction will have even started by then. At this point it is still in planning stages.

littlered

I say stay at Wilderness Lodge, we were there this past October when the pool was being done and also a few weeks ago when they are working on one of the buildings. You can see the scaffolding but all work is done during the daytime hours and was really not a bother to us since we were in the parks most days. We were at the pool one day during our last stay and even though I could see the workers I did not hear them over the pool noise. It is a beautiful resort, we love it there.

S. Paridon

Stay put! The WL has been under various stages of refurbishment (main pool closure & construction; outside scaffolding for cleaning and repair; interior lobby light cleaning and repair) for almost a year and I have stayed there three times during the various work. It did not hamper my experience or enjoyment!

Any effect the proposed construction will have on you would be minimal. You will not be placed in a room in any area undergoing refurbishment. "Noise" will be restricted to daytime hours when you will be at the parks. And the cabins being built along the water are not in close proximity to the comings and goings of the main lodge and pool.

Do a WL thread search on this site and you will learn all about what WL has to offer!

I have also stayed at the Grand Floridian and think you should avoid the additional cost "sting" ;).

Welcome to WDWMagic!

Cabins along the water??? This is the first I've heard of this. What cabins?

We just stayed at the WL last week and while and there was some mild scaffolding on parts of the front and a few on the back visible from the pool, tt was still amazing and barely noticeable in photos.

Besides, the WL has boats that travel to the Contemporary/Fort Wilderness and the Magic Kingdom, that run both pretty early (hotel loop) and pretty late (1 hour past close including EMH). We'd never experienced them before and it was one of the loveliest parts of my entire visit. It was 10 minutes to MK and 5 min to the Contemporary and we never waited more than 5 minutes for a boat. The views are incredible and unlike the monorail (much respect!) there is no strange odor. Possibly ruined me for future visits.

It did make the Boardwalk seem like it would be a good time, proximity-to-the-parks wise.

mrs moon

Original Poster
We just stayed at the WL last week and while and there was some mild scaffolding on parts of the front and a few on the back visible from the pool, tt was still amazing and barely noticeable in photos.

Besides, the WL has boats that travel to the Contemporary/Fort Wilderness and the Magic Kingdom, that run both pretty early (hotel loop) and pretty late (1 hour past close including EMH). We'd never experienced them before and it was one of the loveliest parts of my entire visit. It was 10 minutes to MK and 5 min to the Contemporary and we never waited more than 5 minutes for a boat. The views are incredible and unlike the monorail (much respect!) there is no strange odor. Possibly ruined me for future visits.

It did make the Boardwalk seem like it would be a good time, proximity-to-the-parks wise.
Thanks for that James. Im not really worrying about the scaffolding already there, its the future plans they have, to build new DVC villas which i think will start Sep...I wish i know what to do. I really what to stay at WL!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom