Wait times at FastPass+ (January 2016)

Hello!
We will be going to WDW from January 8th-13th, 2016. I was curious to know if that during this time we will actually need to use our FastPasses+? What would the typical wait time for rides that are more popular be during this timeframe?
For example, what is the wait time for Tower of Terror? Expedition Everest? Space Mountain? And other very popular rides?

I see that we are going during Marathon weekend, which is a concern. Will we face a more than 30 minute wait time on popular rides during our visit?

StarfishAndStingrays

Original Poster
Even if you have a new room reservation number after its changed to a package that does not effect your dining reservations at all. Once they are made they will never get canceled as they are not tied specifically to your room reservation number. The only reason your room has anything to do with it is to know your staying on property so you can book 180+ 10 when you hit the 180 day mark.
So if that is what she told you, she miss informed you. You frankly could have a room booked just to book dining 180+10 and then several days later cancel the room and it would not affect the dining reservations you made at all because they are not tied to each other in any way. :)
Okay so I'd be willing to try that. I feel like most of the time when I call they don't really know anyway. My only concern is will I have to pay the deposits on the rooms again? I'd be find if the money went back into my account instantly, but it sadly takes a few days, so I wouldn't be able to make a second deposit until the money returns to my account most likely, because my family wants me to charge it to my card and repay me later down the road.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Okay so I'd be willing to try that. I feel like most of the time when I call they don't really know anyway. My only concern is will I have to pay the deposits on the rooms again? I'd be find if the money went back into my account instantly, but it sadly takes a few days, so I wouldn't be able to make a second deposit until the money returns to my account most likely, because my family wants me to charge it to my card and repay me later down the road.
If you get the right CM as others told you they can just apply what you already paid for the room only deposit to the new package you book. If not the new deposit for a package is only $200 no matter what your total cost is. Room only you are putting one nights stay as your initial deposit so it might be more than $200 I'm assuming. One way to do it is just use a credit card not your debit card that way if they do make you pay a second deposit, you are not taking more money out of your checking account while waiting for the initial deposit to be credited to your account.
Also another way to avoid all this is use a reputable Disney travel agent from Kingdom Konsultants that are totally free and can handle some of this headache for you with booking and rebooking/changing to a package later. That would be my best advice! Lol they are wonderful and handle everything promptly and don't cost you a dime. You can still book your dining and FP yourself etc but they can make dining reservations for you if you want them to and such. But if you only wanted to have them handle the room booking situation that's what they are there for. Even if you just have questions they can talk to you without booking anything for you. Also they pretty much can correctly answer ANY and all questions you have. They are specifically trained to do Disney bookings and have to have an extensive knowledge of everything. Not like an average agent that books vacations everywhere and only has a limited knowledge of each destination etc. Many on this forum often use them for their vacations to any Disney destination esp WDW. You can always reach an agent 24 hours a day by phone or email. Also a plus! Lol :)
http://www.kingdomkonsultants.com

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NonnaT

That is some really
Even if you have a new room reservation number after its changed to a package that does not effect your dining reservations at all. Once they are made they will never get canceled as they are not tied specifically to your room reservation number. The only reason your room has anything to do with it is to know your staying on property so you can book 180+ 10 when you hit the 180 day mark.
So if that is what she told you, she miss informed you. You frankly could have a room booked just to book dining 180+10 and then several days later cancel the room and it would not affect the dining reservations you made at all because they are not tied to each other in any way. :)[/QUOTE . That is some really good info, Thank you!

Upvote 0

lyssehm

I was just skimming the replies, so forgive me if someone already mentioned it, but January is Brazil tour group time as well.

I forgot about them. That being said...bring EARPLUGS! The groups are usually big and loud. Disney is loud anyway, but Brazilian tour groups are a whole other thing in terms of noise.

Upvote 0

SweetPea

Since when? Brazilians are most abundant in July and it's not particularly close.

My husband and I have done our kid free trip in January every other year since 2011. They were quite abundant in 2011 and we have noticed increased presence every trip since then. We went this past January 2015 and it was the most we had ever seen. I was waiting on DH to ride ToT at DHS one day and I was sitting on a bench not too long after the park had opened and I watched group after group after group pass by me probably with 40+ in each group. It was so crazy that we kind of joked that it felt like the entire country was there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom