Be Our Guest or Chef Mickey for 3 year old

A W Reezy

Original Poster
We'll be spending a weekend at the parks in January before we leave on a 4 day Disney Cruise. I'm wanting to get reservations to one of the two restaurants, but we've never eaten at either one before. I've got a 3 year old, and I'd like for her to get the best experience as possible. I'm not sure if BOG has characters that meet and greet, but if I'm thinking correctly I believe CM does?

deezdisneynuts

Visually, BOG would be a better experience if she likes Beauty and the Beast; however, the only meet and greet would be with Beast (and possibly Belle?) during the dinners. It's extremely hard to get a reservation for the dinners though, and you'd probably have to do it at the 180 day mark. Chef Mickey's has meets with Minne, Mickey, Pluto, Donald, and Goofy. I would definitely recommend this one if you're looking for a more interactive experience. The environment of CM, to me at least, seems like a more kid-friendly environment and not as cramped. CM would also provide an opportunity to save time because you can meet the 5 characters there and avoid standing in a long line to meet them in the park, if you'd like.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
We'll be spending a weekend at the parks in January before we leave on a 4 day Disney Cruise. I'm wanting to get reservations to one of the two restaurants, but we've never eaten at either one before. I've got a 3 year old, and I'd like for her to get the best experience as possible. I'm not sure if BOG has characters that meet and greet, but if I'm thinking correctly I believe CM does?
I would pick CM as they have all Mickey and friends characters. Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy etc. For a 3 year old I really think they would like CM better. BOG is nice but you only meet The Beast and he could be scary for a 3 year old. Even if that's not the case if I only had one choice with a 3 year Old it would definately be Chef Mickey's as I feel the characters and restaurant/menu choices (buffet) itself is more appealing to little kiddos. Oh also the monorail passes right above you at CM's and most kids think that is pretty cool goimg right through the hotel/restaurant. :)

JasonDeyoung

I would pick CM as they have all Mickey and friends characters. Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy etc. For a 3 year old I really think they would like CM better. BOG is nice but you only meet The Beast and he could be scary for a 3 year old. Even if that's not the case if I only had one choice with a 3 year Old it would definately be Chef Mickey's as I feel the characters and restaurant/menu choices (buffet) itself is more appealing to little kiddos. :)
I agree :) perfectly said

A W Reezy

Original Poster
Thank you both! How hard is it to get from MK to Chef Mickey's for lunch? We'll drive our own vehicle down, but I'm not against taking a bus to the Contemporary if it'd be easier?

I do love the photos of BOG though. Such a beautiful restaurant!

sxeensweet

Thank you both! How hard is it to get from MK to Chef Mickey's for lunch? We'll drive our own vehicle down, but I'm not against taking a bus to the Contemporary if it'd be easier?

You just hop on the monorail and will be there in less than 5 -10 min. No need to move your vehicle from the TTC. The Cntemporary is right next door to MK. :)

sxeensweet

You can still go to BOG for the quick service lunch. You book the quick service lunch at 180 days like the table service restaurants. So you could do
Both. CM for a table service reservation and BOG for a quick service lunch. We love doing the quick service lunch at BOG. :)

A W Reezy

Original Poster
Excellent! I forget that the monorail goes through the Contemporary... Which is odd since we go through it every time we go to Magic Kingdom. LOL.

Second question, would it be possible to get BOG reservations for that night? I know they're pretty hard to get, but I figure it's worth a shot to wake up early on the first eligible morning and call Disney and get both booked.

sxeensweet

Excellent! I forget that the monorail goes through the Contemporary... Which is odd since we go through it every time we go to Magic Kingdom. LOL.

Second question, would it be possible to get BOG reservations for that night? I know they're pretty hard to get, but I figure it's worth a shot to wake up early on the first eligible morning and call Disney and get both booked.
Read my post above. We must have wrote at the same time I wrote the second one. Lol You could do BOG for lunch (those are easier to come
by reservations for the quick service). Then do CM for dinner or do an early breakfast the day you eat at BOG for lunch. You can make Lunch reservations as late as 1:45pm at BOG.:) Note the Beast is not there for lunch though.

A W Reezy

Original Poster
Yeah, I caught that right after I posted. I believe we were at the same time. LOL.

Thank you for your tips! It'd be great to get both in! :)

sxeensweet

Yeah, I caught that right after I posted. I believe we were at the same time. LOL.

Thank you for your tips! It'd be great to get both in! :)
Your very welcome!! I hope you get to enjoy both! They are both worth it. Also if seeing the beast is important you can only see him at dinner. :)

stevehousse

do BOG for breakfast (if still offered when you go) or lunch, and then do Chef Mickeys for dinner. BOG will cost less for those options, plus the kids menu at dinner isnt the best for picky eaters. Chef Mickeys is a buffet with lots of kids options and adult offerings as well.

Kingoglow

I prefer Chef Mickey's for breakfast. The dining room is buzzing with energy; anticipation of hitting the parks, I suppose. Meeting the Fab Five is a great way to build excitement for a day at the Magic Kingdom. Then it is just a ten minute walk over to the front gates.

Disneykings

Sorry to add question.. Is there any news on BOG Breakfast being continued in the future? We are going in October and dont like the lunch/dinner menu. Breakfast looked lovely.

HouCuseChickie

We've done both (lunch and dinner at BOG and breakfast and dinner at Chef Mickeys) and if you have to pick based on experience, Chef Mickey's is definitely what I'd choose for a 3 yr old. That being said, I don't like the food at Chef Mickey's dinner and have had mixed experience with food at BOG, but if you're thinking experience alone...Fab 5 wins!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom