The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yep, it's just been crazy lately. All those years with so little rain, and now parts of 24 counties have been declared disaster areas by the Governor because of flooding. And, that doesn't even include the counties of Travis and Williamson (where we live), which pretty much encompass the entirety of Austin...yet.
Luckily, we live on the high end of a dead end street, so we've never flooded (knock on wood - my head ;)).

Been thinking of you as I see the reports. With all the rain we've had that you sent us :cautious: our river has not gone over YET. We did the tornado warnings, one hit but far enough away from us, this has been a rocky week. As I said yesterday, uncle already. Thinking of you guys, be safe. :cyclops:

Gabe1

Apparently Marie is so popular in Japan. That she was given her own manga called "Miriya & Marie" which came out in Japan on March 2015 and later to Brazil. I'm still waiting for an English release of this manga.
MiriyaMarieAbril.jpg

Hello and welcome to our little corner of the forum. I too have a bond with Aristocrats. Many many years ago, (my kids are 20 somethings) when I was in high school my gymnastic routines were often set to the music from Aristocrats.

Gabe1

Sympathy like

Memorial Day is one of the worst days of the year to get stuck with bad weather

EDIT: You can always tell when I've been typing on my iPod. Make typing mistakes.

Yep, we had horrid storms this morning and the back of the property was a swamp. Upside I don't have to water but one of my palms I planted yesterday is now planted sideways. By 1pm the sun was going in and out and I trucked over to my DD waterpark and floated in the lazy river for 2 hours. I am still winter white and I really need some color. Downside is all of our Memorial Day stuff was cancelled this morning, no parade, no Veterans Day Service. It means so much to our local veterans and there is always a bring your own picnic afterward in the center of town. The kids practice for months for marching band too to have it all canceled. Disappointing for all of them. At least it wasn't a total wash out day for us.

Gabe1

go figure, tornados in Mexico are VERY VERY RARE..
and stronger ones even rarer (most of them are F0)

except for yesterday night...

where a reported F4, touched down for just 6 seconds (according to the witnesses) and killed 13 people by leaving a small trail of destruction before roping out.

http://www.eluniversal.com.mx/estad...impacta-a-ciudad-acunia-coahuila-1102497.html

Yikes! That's not good. :( This series of storms are nasty and staying strong. Be safe.

Gabe1

I still listen to that song.. really inspiring!

I wholeheartedly agree. I was at Disney many times over the Tapestry era. Where we often hop to the MK now to fill in gaps of time now back then we would hop back over to Epcot to catch just Tapestry and Illuminations before calling it a night. It was great music and a really original parade. I miss it.

Gabe1

you can actually change your selections using the App (if its working of course..)

I managed to change a few times when I was there.
Including when it gave me Space Mountain, I changed it to Haunted Mansion. and worked fine!

And you hit that point well. It is so hit or miss for guests if Disney can keep up with their own tech goals. It fails too often in the parks and at the resorts while the whole system for guests is so dependent on Disney getting their tech operational. I find that so disappointing that Disney lags so far behind.

Gabe1

yikes.. stay safe!

I wonder how valuable portable generators are during these circumstances.

We bought our first generator for the new millennium, we were in Disney but it was a good investment that we didn't need then but used many times after. If I were to build a new home or had the flex of dollars I'd put in a generator for our home so it would be an auto kick in verses portable. I think we paid around $600 for it and worth every penny.

Gabe1

For some reason I got soaked on that drop. Never got so wet on SM before. Luckily it was a million degrees outside so I dried quickly.

My DD and I both got soaked last year unlike any other time. It was post refurb so I have to wonder. My clothes dried pretty quickly but my DD did not. I wound up taking her back to Main Street and buying her new clothes cause she was so uncomfortable.

Gabe1

I was talking my aunt yesterday. Apparently my cousins girlfriend (I'm really not sure why they are together) had $100 K in school loans when she got out of school. In 2 years doing her masters of Georgetown. Anyway, she is down to 60 K now. I'm really not sure to believe it or not.

Education is so freak'n expensive. While my kids were given a real good chunk of funds for their education they both still have some loans to pay off. I have empathy for these students that don't have any other way of getting though school without taking out loans for 100% of it. It is sucidoodles.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Well, that was fun.
Rotation all around, straight line winds, lots of thunder and lightning, and tons of rain. Still raining, with even more on the way.
Now, reports of flooding, washed out roads, signage and trees down, roofs damaged.
We lost a sizeable limb on one of our trees in the front yard, but, I don't immediately see any other damage.
The power went out briefly. Others not so lucky, they've had now power for a while. It's so dark, it's pretty much looked like dusk for hours now.
Fun, fun, fun.

Oh dear. Sorry to hear about the awful weather. I was watching the national news last night and saw flooding, severe weather warnings, etc. Hopefully, that one tree limb in your yard is the worst of the damage that you encountered at your home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom