How long will the 60th ani last?

Travel Junkie

No set end date but I would imagine it would last at least through the summer of 2016. A couple things to consider.

- A Disneyland 60th anniversary special won't air on ABC until Feb. 2016. They wouldn't air it after the celebration is over.

- Universal Studios Hollywood opens Harry Potter in 2016 and Disneyland won't have any new rides opening to go against it. The 60th is likely their counter programming.

gsrjedi

A local news station was at the parks for the beginning of the 24-hour event & talking with various people from Disney. One of the CMs mentioned 14 months. That would put the end around Disneyland's 61st birthday

TP2000

My bet is the 60th will barrel along until Labor Day, 2016. Then in the fall of '16 the décor begins to come down and 60th mentions on entertainment are phased out, 60th shopping bags and paper goods and signage gets replaced. By the time Halloween is over and Christmas begins in November '16, the 60th will be over.

That's also about how it worked for the 50th, which launched in May '05 and went through the fall of '06.

GiveMeTheMusic

My bet is the 60th will barrel along until Labor Day, 2016. Then in the fall of '16 the décor begins to come down and 60th mentions on entertainment are phased out, 60th shopping bags and paper goods and signage gets replaced. By the time Halloween is over and Christmas begins in November '16, the 60th will be over.

That's also about how it worked for the 50th, which launched in May '05 and went through the fall of '06.

True, but it had a hard end date because of the YOAMD promotion - which replaced it that October. I think Disney has gotten into a weird habit of not releasing any info until the last possible second, so we won't get a firm end date for the 60th until a month before it happens. ;)

deix15x8

I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed it for a minimum of one year. Perhaps ending it with a final diamond 24 hour event next memorial weekend leading into a summer promotion in sync with WDW's.

travelgal79

I am going to be on the west cost in late October/early November and we are thinking about adding a couple of days in Anaheim to take in the Disneyland 60. Just wondering if you think the decorations and special shows will still be there during the Halloween season. Thanks :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom