Which is the Best WDW Beach?

Squigglove

Original Poster
For our next stay at Disney we will probably want to stay at a WDW Resort with a beach.
Please give me some opinions.
Thanks!

DizneyPryncess

I like the Yacht & Beach Club beach. We like to watch the movie under the stars on the beach there, and sit on the porch swings and relax in the evenings. No swimming allowed, but my daughter loves playing in the sand.

Daniel Johnson

I second Daytona.
I'm also a fan of Cocoa Beach as well. Mainly because of the prime rib sandwich at slow and low bbq there.
It's a bit of a drive. But, when it comes to Disney beaches vs the real deal...it's worth the trip to see Daytona or Cocoa. Not that that helps you find the best on site beach...

NonnaT

Hi there! Just an FYI, none of the beaches at WDW allow swimming. But we sure did have fun renting the little boats to drive around Bay Lake at Wilderness Lodge! For a true beach experience you need to go to any one of Florida's beautiful beaches. Most still water (lakes, ponds, etc) contain wildlife, (read gators, snapping turtles) that make them not safe for humankind!

wdizneew

If you want to go to a real Disney beach, take a Disney Cruise to Castaway Cay. It is the best Disney beach since it really is a beach...not one made from swamp lol

As for WDW, I really like Poly and Beach Club. Both have spectacular views too! Another added plus is that you can view Wishes from Poly, and Beach Club is a short walk to Epcot.

Nemo14

It's actually found anywhere in warm water here's a litle more info about Florida cases:

Infection with Naegleria fowleri is most common during the summer months of July, August, and September. They usually occur when it is hot for prolonged periods. Infections have been observed to increase during heat wave years primarily in southern tier states however recent cases in Indiana, Kansas, Minnesota and Virginia indicate an expanding geographical area where the organism appears to be thriving. In the United States, it has caused infections in 18 states (AR, AZ, CA, FL, GA, IN, KS, LA, MO, MN, MS, NC, NM, NV, OK, SC, TX, and VA).

Prior to 2008, primary amebic meningoencephalitis was not a reportable disease in Florida. However, 34 cases have been documented with Florida exposures from 1962 through 2013. Of the 34 cases, 21 were exposed in Central Florida. Reported cases described exposures in the following counties: Baker, Brevard, Broward, Citrus, Glades, Lee, Madison, Orange, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Putnam, Palm Beach, Seminole, Volusia and 3 unknown counties. All cases died from the disease. All but three cases were residents of Florida.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom