Disney Resort Hotels should do this due to the popularity of Character Dinings

brb1006

Original Poster
Disney should do a once a night surprise where a young family member (Especially a child) could request to a Cast Member working at the hotel or resort. To bring in their favorite Disney character to tuck them into bed before they go to sleep. Perfect way to end you're night at you're visit at a Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resort.

This idea was based on the "Snoopy Bedtime "Tuck In" Service" at the Knott's Berry Farm Hotel and character dinings at Disneyland and Walt Disney World. Since the easiest way for children to meet a Disney character would be at a character dining and "Goofy's Kitchen". Some kids can't get enough of the characters and some would get really sad when they are leaving for the last day. So maybe this idea could become a reality in the future.

Plus the cast member can give you two options.

1. Have you or you're child ask which character do you want to have you tucked in for the night

2. The cast member will hand a special letter or sheet for what night do you want a character or even your favorite character to tuck you into bed. (Villains aren't allowed unfortunately)

Hopefully this idea might catch on with guests if Disney ever makes that decision. This might become the next great way for you and your child to meet you're favorite character in person, you might even get an autograph from them before they leave the room.

mousehockey37

It's a nice idea, but won't happen.

They'll do exceptions for Make-A-Wish and similar situations. I remember awhile back hearing about a character (I forget who, possibly Pluto) was taken to the MAW kids room and while it was this kids dream to meet that character, the child passed away in the characters arms. Again, I forget what character, but it's only for special circumstances does Disney do anything like this.

If this were to come to fruition, the "selection process" would be blasted from every angle. Anything from "they're staying ________ or _________." to parents basically putting money in the pockets of CM's and managers to "buy" the experience.

You really think Elsa would go unnoticed going down the hallway in a resort at a certain time of night? I doubt it and she'd have to interact with every guest along the way, delaying the arrival to tucking in.... It'd almost be a free meet and greet on whatever floor in whatever resort!!!

Disney won't do it.

brb1006

Original Poster
This sounds very disturbing. And potentially litigious.
snoopy-bedtime-tuck-in-service-knotts-hotel.jpg

Kingoglow

The guest to Character CM ratio is way too high to make this happen. So so so many things can go wrong with this. To reiterate from above, I see nothing but potential lawsuits in the making.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom