Universal "Magical" Express?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
It would be something i'd really like to see.

Their current system is annoying. All Taxi's.

That said, I'd also like to see WDW embrace Uni and it's other neighbor theme parks the way that Disneyland does.

Funmeister

Original Poster
I think that's a great idea and a private company which is always better then some Government scheme. Next year???? Not sure how they can do that but good luck with your venture.

Mears must hate this idea. Few people realize really useful mass transit usually isn't built because of strong businesses stopping it.

Next year could be a possibility to get started...not to open. It also depends how big or small the initial hotel loop.

Maybe worrying about guests leaving is not a big deal as it used to be. Disney guests are still finding ways to go off of Disney property so it may not be a huge factor?!?

I hope it happens.

lazyboy97o

I will be very surprised if this ever happens. Despite 20 years in business, the company doesn't have a single open project to its name. It has only built a test track outside Atlanta and the Old Dominion University system that failed and never opened.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I'd also like to see WDW embrace Uni and it's other neighbor theme parks the way that Disneyland does.

Disneyland, being only two parks, relies on the other regional attractions to get people to fly in and stay a whole week. WDW, with their four parks, doesn't have that problem.
Few people realize really useful mass transit usually isn't built because of strong businesses stopping it.

Exactly. Just look at the grief Lyft and Uber are seeing right now.

BrianV

I love the idea. All depends on the ticket price. It looks like the cost from the airport to I drive will be $6pp if I'm reading correctly. But that will escalate I'm sure. And depending on where it drops you off, you may still need a taxi at the other end to get to universal, for example. For a family of four, starts to get expensive and comparable to a taxi. And taxis are on-demand as opposed to scheduled.

Edit: closer reading looks like it would be $16 plus $6, or $22pp.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

I will be very surprised if this ever happens. Despite 20 years in business, the company doesn't have a single open project to its name. It has only built a test track outside Atlanta and the Old Dominion University system that failed and never opened.

Are we sure it wasn't Lyle Lanley who ran it?
Lyle%2BLanley.jpg

lazyboy97o

Didn't look up the company and that may very much be true. Business wise the biggest obstacle is right of ways. I don't think raising money would be hard for this project if the right ways are covered and train stops are in good places. The volume of people into and out of Orlando through the airport is a large number and could be profitable over time and give the ability for more lines to built to more FL tourist areas. The beach, any beach comes to mind as where you would want to transport people from I drive too. That seems to be in the game plan at this point and makes sense to myself money wise. Also the beach areas will kiss your **** to have a train station in their town. Of course the train from the airport would be the first part and must show decent revenue.

I think the whole idea could actually be profitable if if if and that's always the way with business. Cover your if's, raise the money and hope it works out. You never know but a well thought out train system in Orlando could be in the range of 10 - 20 million people a year. Even at $10 bucks a head that's 100-200 million a year. $20 a head 200-400 million a year. There is big enough money to make this project work. Maybe???
The problem with looking at future connections to other destinations is that the Atlanta track has supposedly seen speeds of up to 60 mph. It's an unproven, low speed design.

Are we sure it wasn't Lyle Lanley who ran it?
Lyle%2BLanley.jpg
The company's history sure does seem that way.

Mouse_Trap

....but at the same time you don't want to give your guests easy access to dine and shop off property.

of course, the opposite could also be true.

Far more people stay at non-Universal and Disney properties than 'on-site'. Enabling them to get onto site more easily could dramatically increase your visitor numbers.

Staying on I-drive for instance, I would be far more included to visit City Walk on an evening if it was a simple journey (sans Car).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom