Disney to Reveal Ambitious Star Wars Plans

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Star Wars was a series of six independent films. All Fox did was distribute them.

And yes, I do favor burning Atlanta to the ground. Anyone who's been on the downtown connector would generally agree.
Using "burning Atlanta to the ground" as an analogy, probably isn't the best choice, considering the history of that and all...

Also, the connector isn't that bad most of the time.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Both Terminator movies were brilliant - story telling, directing. Aliens is a tour de force in directing. True Lies is a briliant movie. The Abyss another good movie. Whatever you may think of Titanic and Avatar they both captured the publics imagination - the sheer volume of box office and money the bought in is phenomenal.

Avatar 2 will be massive, because Cameron will push boundaries once again - he's a genius.

The fact Disney have bought the rights to this at their parks is a no brainer - with massive sequals on the horizon, it makes sense.

More people have seen Avatar than any other movie - let that fact sink it.
1) More people have not seen Avatar than any other movie. More people saw it in the theaters than any other movie based on box office results UNADJUSTED. So, take a class in logic and reasoning before making statements, because that one is borderline ignorant.

2) What boundries is Cameron going to push? 4D effects like Captain EO? Digital effects and editing was his major "draw" for Titanic (as with his prior films, frankly), and pushing that tech into 3D was his major draw for Avatar. What is he gonna do to break ground for Avatar 2? Fern Gully where you can choose your own popcorn salt?

3) They didn't capture the public's "imagination", because they were spectacles. They captured the public's attention. Had they captured the public's imagination, than Avatar would have bequeathed a living breathing expanded universe like Star Trek and Star Wars did. Instead, it was a burp and it's legacy in the social context are some youtube and adult parodies.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I probably should clarify that I have only been to Atlanta once, but, it seems like enough. Just the idea that there are streets there that are in the middle of town, two separate streets, with the same name are enough to get my veto.;)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Who said it was an analogy? ;)
As an ATLian, I really am offended.

<--offended

13613441891059482442.GIF

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I probably should clarify that I have only been to Atlanta once, but, it seems like enough. Just the idea that there are streets there that are in the middle of town, two separate streets, with the same name are enough to get my veto.;)
We loves our Peachtrees...there's more than two. <wink>

That said, Seattle and Tacoma both have streets that are named the same, and are "SW" and "NW"...but don't connect.

Goofyernmost

We loves our Peachtrees...there's more than two. <wink>

That said, Seattle and Tacoma both have streets that are named the same, and are "SW" and "NW"...but don't connect.
Two other places where a fire wouldn't hurt! :joyfull: Just kidding... I haven't been to either of those, but, at least, they had SW and NW in the names. Peachtree is just Peachtree as far as I could tell. When you get my age, you don't need intentional confusion. We create enough of that on our own.:grumpy:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Two other places where a fire wouldn't hurt! :joyfull: Just kidding... I haven't been to either of those, but, at least, they had SW and NW in the names. Peachtree is just Peachtree as far as I could tell. When you get my age, you don't need intentional confusion. We create enough of that on our own.:grumpy:
Peachtree St. has NW and SW...but yeah, it is a mess.

Then toss in Peachtree Industrial Blvd, and others (yes, there are others).

Yeah, ATL loves it's "Peachtrees" :p

RSoxNo1

And that is how most everyone feels. (Everyone I know that is)

Theyre just jonesing for something new.
It was an odd choice, there's no doubt about it. It's an interesting IP and environment, but I feel that Imagineers could have come up with something equally as interesting without whatever licensing fee they're paying Cameron.

Having said that, if Avatar didn't exist and we were told that Disney is teaming up with James Cameron to make a land devoted to mythical animals and plants, we would have all been on board.

space42

It was an odd choice, there's no doubt about it. It's an interesting IP and environment, but I feel that Imagineers could have come up with something equally as interesting without whatever licensing fee they're paying Cameron.

Having said that, if Avatar didn't exist and we were told that Disney is teaming up with James Cameron to make a land devoted to mythical animals and plants, we would have all been on board.

That's an interesting point. However - for me - when the details start to emerge for this new hypothetical-land's anchor , E-ticket attraction - and it is a Soarin'-like expience - I would have felt about the same way as I do about pandora.
Either way - the attractions are going to either make it or break it for pandora. Theres little doubt it is going to look amazing if it even comes close to the model! I just hope that it's not more style over substance.

This look bodes well for Star Wars land if they indeed go 'all in' and build something that is larger in scope than diagon alley, cars land, and pandora. Frankly , Star Wars deserves nothing less!

RSoxNo1

That's an interesting point. However - for me - when the details start to emerge for this new hypothetical-land's anchor , E-ticket attraction - and it is a Soarin'-like expience - I would have felt about the same way as I do about pandora.
Either way - the attractions are going to either make it or break it for pandora. Theres little doubt it is going to look amazing if it even comes close to the model! I just hope that it's not more style over substance.

This look bodes well for Star Wars land if they indeed go 'all in' and build something that is larger in scope than diagon alley, cars land, and pandora. Frankly , Star Wars deserves nothing less!
The Imagineers have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they can make an amazing looking land. The attraction lineup is going to be what makes this a success.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom