restaurant recommendations?

mouse_luv

OP, I would not suggest dinner at the Kona Cafe. The new chef is horrible, and rude to boot and I vowed after our last trip (and illness from the food) to never ever go back to Kona for dinner (which was once a fave of mine). The service was just bad from the hostess, to the disenchanted waitress would acted like she would rather jump off a cliff than serve guests, to the chef (that we met because it was his obligation whether he liked it or not, i'm guessing the latter, to come to our table to discuss my food allergies).

You may want to perhaps try breakfast or lunch there, the lunch still has my favorite meal there (the teriyaki steak meal). Though I don't know if the same chef is still there for lunch or just dinner.

Just something to think about.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Sounds about the same time they had the mac and cheese with truffle drizzle hot dog at various places around the park (Caseys, Hollywood Studios)

Sunshine Seasons or any of the Quick Service at World Showcase is just so vastly superior to Electric Umbrella that I don't even consider it anymore.

I haven't eaten there nor at Pecos since 2010.
Ohhhhh the truffle hot dog is my fave at HS at Fairfax Fare!! They still have it and is a must do for us every trip!! Also Restaurantaurus has one but without the truffle oil and we get that one too usually once each trip. As you can see I love Mac and Cheese! And I love truffle oil!! Lol I have yet to try the Mac and cheese cups in MK with the pulled pork and such in it. On my list to try those in Oct. :)

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Mac and Cheese is a favorite of mine
Chef de France in Epcot also has a really good Gruyere Mac and cheese on its menu. That is what I will be eating when we dine there in Oct. Also several restaurants have different types of it as a side. Like at Jiko the filet you can get their delicious Mac and cheese they used to have on the menu with it instead of The current side it comes with. So delicious with the filet and the sauce on the filet! :)

Andy_0410

TS
California grill
The wave
Liberty tree tavern
Garden grill
Artist point
Italian in DTD (portobello something)

QS
Pinochinos
Sunshine terrace
Pizzaffari
Planet express
Earl of sandwich

Sure I have forgotten some

DisneyDebNJ

You know what's crazy though? We were there this past spring break and had a reservation at 5:00 for 11 of us. A couple walked up and asked if there were any openings and they said they could get in at 6:30. I was shocked!!! Not sure if it was a fluke or if it happens often but I had no idea you could just walk up.
That's why I always suggest, people keep checking to see if there are available ADRs for their travel dates. At the very least, vacationers can always check with the concierge desk at their resort, to see if there are openings at their favorite restaurant :)

MICKEYMOO42

Original Poster
The first thing i'll do once we check in is ask if there is any avaliblity at Ohana during out stay!
If not we'll figure out where we'd like to eat and make reservations elseware!

I believe we get into Orlando at 12 so it's still early!
Hopefully

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom