Gaston cast member update

englanddg

One Little Spark...
According to a friend the guy in question is fighting his termination.
Aside from a well thought out letter explaining his position, "fighting a termination" gains you nothing with an employer but ill will. If he's going the "wrongfully terminated" route, he doesn't have much of a leg to stand on. Betcha he signed an "at-will employment" paper in his welcome packet. I'd bet a mickey ice cream and a starbucks latte on it.

asianway

Aside from a well thought out letter explaining his position, "fighting a termination" gains you nothing with an employer but ill will. If he's going the "wrongfully terminated" route, he doesn't have much of a leg to stand on. Betcha he signed an "at-will employment" paper in his welcome packet. I'd bet a mickey ice cream and a starbucks latte on it.
He's a union member and fairly well protected. If it's a first offense he should get it back. If there was noted in his file with previous incidents he's sunk

englanddg

One Little Spark...
He's a union member and fairly well protected. If it's a first offense he should get it back. If there was noted in his file with previous incidents he's sunk
Ill stand by the mickey ice cream bet. He will get nowhere.

That said...I do think the whole situation is silly and I hope he does come back! So, Im skeptical, but rooting for the guy!

Heck, he could always just ask for a transfer to Disneyland in Cali! There they seem to appreciate great characters!

The Tuna

Is that guy still at ToT? I'd see him in promos and on TV shows and we'd look for him there but never saw him in person.

Did he do such an awesome job that they scrapped him too? :) I have a feeling that if certain CM's gain notoriety they don't like guests seeking them out to meet them and grab a pic - we would have loved to meet that dude. He looked the part - creepy yet funny.

I saw TJ there in 2013. Had to get a pic with him. that is the type of guy that makes everything that much better. A true showman. They should hire him to train the rest of the staff to get into character wherever they are on property.

JIMINYCR

I hope that guy received some serious bank for being the "face" of ToT. He's been in so much promo stuff - I just hope he wasn't short-changed.

Doubt he got much in return other than his own pride/notoriety that his face was on the products. Most corporations will not compensate for appearing on company material, because as their employee you are representing your employer, they can use your image, in some cases employees sign off for this. Its different if they seek you out as an outside spokesperson or use your image when you are not employed by the company.

ItlngrlBella

@azndisneyfan, I didn't know who Patrick Warburton was until I googled him. He looks too old? Funny though!

"Viral Gaston" (which sounds like he has an STD, but idk what to call him), reminded me of this guy- (except the hair)...

Last edited:

Flyersgirl17

i'm sooo incredibly bummed to hear about gaston being let go. he was just my favorite character( besides aurora) that we got to meet. he was funny, arrogant, and just a good sport with everything. I hope he finds someplace that will appreciate his talents

ItlngrlBella

i'm sooo incredibly bummed to hear about gaston being let go. he was just my favorite character( besides aurora) that we got to meet. he was funny, arrogant, and just a good sport with everything. I hope he finds someplace that will appreciate his talents

^^^ well I think we last heard it was up in the air - earlier in the thread someone posted he was fighting his termination - I'm not sure if that's with lawyers or what, or if that didn't work out either? :(

Can we go yet?

Strange, I remember hearing he was shifted roles to a fur character, not that he was terminated. Or did this happen after? Whatever the case, it is a shame.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom