The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
;)
I wish I could hold on to mine long enough. I love books, I'm taking a couple to Disney, I usually go to sleep, reading a book, until it hit's me in the face.:D
I use to fall asleep too with books. Now I fall asleep with my laptop and it is usually open, not such a good habit. I really should use my tablet late at night, it has a great case and would likely take the impact from falling to the floor better. :arghh:

I've only tried one, too big for me, but the taste was good. Keeping in mind, my daughter says I have no taste buds left. ;):D:eek:
a

I'm not a fan of eating a meal on a bench or while walking so I have not done a turkey leg or a shank from FLE.
My taste buds have changed but I think for the better. I could never tolerate spicy food or South of the Boarder food, now at least I can eat and enjoy some of the more mild versions so it is all good. :hungry:

The Gulf War song my mind first goes to is Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the U.S.A." :)

My pop was drafted during the Korean War. He was about 2 weeks out from the end of basic training when the peace agreement was signed. He jokes that the North Koreans knew he was comin' and decided to cut
their losses. ;)
He did his 2 required years, then went back to civilian life.

Yep, God Bless the USA is a favorite of mine! Hmpf. I should go find my flag. :happy:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
May 22. We eat breakfast at Crystal Palace and that was so good. Sorry no bacon pictures because no one got any.
We canceled the BOG breakfast because it wasn't good for us.
Lunch was at the Plaza.
View attachment 94060
We all got the vegetarian sandwich. It was good, we love the Plaza.
We then rode the Jungle Cruise, look at this water.
View attachment 94061
View attachment 94062 View attachment 94063
Is it just me or is that strangely brown?

That is a very strange brown. I don't remember it being like that in March.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
That was sad that you had to endure your foot problems, and the stupidity of the school directors, who would not let you wear special shoes. You were also dealing with bone cancer as well. I guess all I can say is that somehow, you have triumphed over adversity and become a strong adult with both humor and compassion toward others. Your family must be proud of your accomplishments.

Well said Minnie!

seahawk7

Diamond Horseshoe is open this week so we thought we would eat here since it is usually closed when we are here. Just finishing up lunch now. Both DW and I got the pork sandwich. It was pretty tasty.

Oh, by the way, today is my birthday. ;)

View attachment 93784 View attachment 93785
View attachment 93786
Happy belated birthday @Andrew C! If only I knew before...
560_San_Antonio_Spurs_Birthday_Cake_-_Happy_Birthay_Talyah2_-_042815_-_BE3.jpg

seahawk7

I saw this for the first time, just the other day. It was the usual sort of very hot afternoon, and I decided to sit on a bench on the porch, in front of City Hall. All of a sudden I saw a band march out from under the Main Street USA train station, and some military people and police all gather around the flag pole. It was a lovely ceremony, and I was glad I got to see that. It's one of those really nice touches that WDW adds to the guest experience, and sets WDW apart from all other theme parks, IMO. :)
It's one of our favorite things to see. My dad took part in one two years ago at DL. It's quite special. Happy Memorial day guys.

seahawk7

Whenever I go to WDW, I always have one big highlight each trip. :) So, this time, it was something I saw at Animal Kingdom.

Now, I know that a number of people aren't big fans of Rafiki's Planet Watch, but I always liked the little train ride that goes there, and I find that general area to be peaceful with the petting zoo and all, and not as hectic as the rest of the park.

Anyway, when I entered Conservation Station, I walked over to the veterinary treatment room (the big picture window, where you can see inside) and saw something amazing! There was a 300-pound, female Bengal tiger on the operating table!! :jawdrop: :happy: (She was sedated, and there were vets and technicians all around her.) I was only about 12 feet away from her (again, shielded by the window). They were trying to mend her ear, because she had been in a fight with another tiger and was injured. By the way, you should have seen the size of her large paws!! Yikes!

She was a gorgeous animal, and I was thrilled to get such an up-close look at her and watch the vets work their magic. This was one of the very best experiences I have had in all of my visits to WDW over the years! :) :)
I love this story.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom