Disney and Universal working on Marvel deal for Florida?

lazyboy97o

Oh and you do realize that the Marvel characters are "Disney" Characters now right? The same way Princess Leia is a Disney Princess now? Maybe someone would like to explain why Universal is going to spend their money, and eat up land at in their park, to promote their competitions product? Are they going to build a Mickey Mouse Toon-Town as well?
Maybe you should go to Universal Orlando Resort where you can see other such non-Universal properties as Dr. Suess, Dudley Do-Right, Popeye the Sailor, Men In Black, Shrek, The Simpsons, Transformers and Harry Potter.

Or maybe watch ABC Family wen it airs the Harry Potter films, complete with ads for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Maybe watch USA when it airs the Pirates of the Caribbean films.

Mike C

Maybe you should go to Universal Orlando Resort where you can see other such non-Universal properties as Dr. Suess, Dudley Do-Right, Popeye the Sailor, Men In Black, Shrek, The Simpsons, Transformers and Harry Potter.

Or maybe watch ABC Family wen it airs the Harry Potter films, complete with ads for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Maybe watch USA when it airs the Pirates of the Caribbean films.

Many of the town scenes in Pirates were filmed at the Universal backlot in Hollywood too. Marvel is now owned by Disney, it isn't Disney created. Nor was Star Wars. Very big difference. If suddenly Disney bought Hasbro, you can be pretty sure Transformers would stick around also.

It may blow your mind, but they sell Star Wars stuff at the gift shop at Terminator 2:3D also.

Last edited:

maxairmike

Oh and you do realize that the Marvel characters are "Disney" Characters now right? The same way Princess Leia is a Disney Princess now? Maybe someone would like to explain why Universal is going to spend their money, and eat up land at in their park, to promote their competitions product? Are they going to build a Mickey Mouse Toon-Town as well?

You really don't understand just how incestuous the entertainment biz is, do you? Ever been in the store at the exit to Terminator? Given your last few posts, I think it's pretty safe to say you haven't. DC Comics, Star Wars, Doctor Who, and other non-Universal merchandise galore. Why would they want to give up all those royalty fees for merchandise sales that give non-Universal brands a presence in their park? $$$$$$$.

Why is Marvel not leaving IOA? $$$$$$ (Both the amount it would cost Disney to get it back, and the amount of merch sales and free advertising that Universal gets from the current wave of popularity via movies).

Captain Chaos

I had a reply but others said things much nicer than I would have, so I will let their words speak for me as well.

Mike S

Sour grapes much?

An obvious answer but some just want to flame.
image.jpg

Frankie The Beer

According to Forbes list of "The World's Biggest Public Companies", Comcast ranks #46 and Disney ranks #84: http://www.forbes.com/global2000/list/2/#tab:overall

I might also point out that Disney is tied with Shanghai Pudong Development on the Forbes list.

No, Comcast is not a bigger company than Disney, nope, no way. If you believe that laughable list from Forbes, Apple is ranked as the 12th biggest company in the world, which is pretty silly. You can all argue all you want, I'm not going to delve into this endless debate beyond this post. The world is a big place and Comcast and Disney will both survive long enough to think of new ways to separate you from your money. And if you're not invested in the companies, it really does not matter now does it?

Progress.City

No, Comcast is not a bigger company than Disney, nope, no way. If you believe that laughable list from Forbes, Apple is ranked as the 12th biggest company in the world, which is pretty silly. You can all argue all you want, I'm not going to delve into this endless debate beyond this post. The world is a big place and Comcast and Disney will both survive long enough to think of new ways to separate you from your money. And if you're not invested in the companies, it really does not matter now does it?
Their Annual Report is thicker... Lol

Phil12

According to the Fortune 500 rankings, Comcast is ranked at number 44 and Disney is ranked at number 61: http://fortune.com/fortune500/the-walt-disney-company-61/

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.

bhg469

Apple makes toys and charges an incredible markup for them. They have a boat load of cash but that doesn't mean they employ the most people, produce the most use able products or even touch the most people's lives every day.

A company can have 1/100th of the cash that apple has and still be bigger, more important and have more global influence than a glorified toy company in Cupertino.

PhotoDave219

According to the Fortune 500 rankings, Comcast is ranked at number 44 and Disney is ranked at number 61: http://fortune.com/fortune500/the-walt-disney-company-61/

Yeah and Comcast constantly drops the HD signal when its in the 800s. Horrible customer service. Cable dropping intermittently when there's a runner on and two outs and the ball is hit to the gap....

But Hey, The Flyers just hired a new head coach for the Comcast-Owned Philadelphia Flyers and signed that winger from the KHL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom