Epcot to MK journey time?

WDW_Jon

Hi, looking for opinions on a journey I'm considering making from Epcot to MK...

Here's the info!;
Want to visit MK on our first day as always.

Staying at the dolphin.

Want to get on the boat from the TTC to MK with my son to see the castle that way as I did many years ago on 1st visit.

Epcot EMH from 8am on the day we want to do it.

So question is if I walk to the international gateway for 8am, dash through Epcot to the monorail, get off at TTC and get the boat across bay lake....

WILL I MAKE MK FOR 9am!?

But ambitious I know but wondered if anyone could give me any logic to how this may work! :)

Tuvalu

Last summer I timed the walk (brisk pace) from the International Gateway to the Epcot monorail, monorail to TTC and then express monorail to MK. It took us 45 minutes. This was mid-day, so there wasn't a huge crowd of people at the TTC, which there WILL be in the morning (making it a slow maneuver to the ferry). You *may* be able to make it to the MK turnstiles by 9 a.m. via ferry (remember you have to go through the security line first if you have any items with you) but you will miss the Welcome Show at 8:45 a.m. which "opens" the park, usually a few minutes prior to 9 a.m.

A better option, but with far less effort and stress, would be to take a taxi from the Dolphin. Taxis drop off at The TTC; you could arrange to be picked up at 8 a.m. and have plenty of time to board the ferry and make rope drop.

Upvote 0

WDW_Jon

Original Poster
I've never done this in the morning, but I've done this at night. Took me about an hour and a half to get from my room a Swolphin to MK gates.
Thanks, being at works showcase entrance for 8 isn't an issue, just unsure how easy it'll be to get a monorail from Epcot when everyone else is entering the park when we'd be leaving !

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom