The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

seahawk7

And I'm thinking of you now, while you're gearing up for the 24-hour party! (I came home last night.) I'm amazed you can stay up all night, but I also know you work some very late night shifts, so this will probably be a piece of cake for you. I've never known anyone who has gone to a 24-hour party at WDW, so I'm really curious to hear your impressions. It looks like they have a bunch of special things planned, so enjoy! :joyfull:
We lasted all night and got only 3 hours of sleep the night before. That was bad planning on our part. It got tough there for awhile but we did it. I'm currently doing laundry and I finally got wifi reception. That is why I haven't posted. Let me put my clothes in the dryer and get some pictures posted.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Half-day Friday, and the start of a 3-1/2-day weekend...!!!!!!! :joyfull: :)

I showed this to my DD, aka walking zombie. You got a STIFLE!!! Like Mother like Daughter.

She worked 74 hours between two jobs and 95, yes 95 hours this week. And yes both jobs pay overtime. Hopefully she will be well rested on payday and payday is the same day for both days.

seahawk7

So we arrived on May 20th and went to DTD or Disney Springs. We ate at Earl of Sandwich then walked along the bridge. The cars that go in the water look like fun but I'm not going to be riding one anytime soon.
We then took the boat to Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter. This is one of my favorite things to do. I bought my first mug: a French Quarter mug.
May 21 we went to Boma for breakfast and saw Warwick Davis eating with his family! We got a picture but my son is in the picture and I'm not smart enough to crop him out.

seahawk7

We sleep 3 hours and arrive at 530 am on the 22 for the 24 hour party.
We get our t shirts and immediately run over to Big Thunder Mountain and ride it as the sun comes up. We make our way through Fantasyland.

Picture0894.jpg
We do Enchanted Tales with Belle. One our favorites because we like to watch all the children get so happy.

seahawk7

May 22. We eat breakfast at Crystal Palace and that was so good. Sorry no bacon pictures because no one got any.
We canceled the BOG breakfast because it wasn't good for us.
Lunch was at the Plaza.
Picture0898.jpg
We all got the vegetarian sandwich. It was good, we love the Plaza.
We then rode the Jungle Cruise, look at this water.
Picture0897.jpg
Picture0896.jpg Picture0895.jpg
Is it just me or is that strangely brown?

seahawk7

Picture0903.jpg
This is around 245 am. We are drinking Starbucks watching the people who are trying to get on the 24 live feed. We then ride the train twice around before doing more of Fantasyland. It was a good day for us. The crowds didn't bother us and we had a lot of fun. We got back to our hotel and we're in bed at 745 Saturday morning.

seahawk7

May 23 we get to HS around 230 and do a lot of SW stuff. It's fun but I liked it better back in the days of Hyperspace Hoopla.
Picture0904.jpg
Sitting waiting for my favorite show Fantasmic.
Picture0906.jpg
My daughter got the smores.
We saw Fantasmic and the SW fireworks which is wonderful. Back to the hotel and did some laundry.
I'm sorry my trip reports are not that great and I will try to make them reflect more of the fun we are having but I'm currently in the food court posting this because it's the only place I get reception.
I'll try to take better pictures too.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
May 23 we get to HS around 230 and do a lot of SW stuff. It's fun but I liked it better back in the days of Hyperspace Hoopla.
View attachment 94068
Sitting waiting for my favorite show Fantasmic.
View attachment 94069
My daughter got the smores.
We saw Fantasmic and the SW fireworks which is wonderful. Back to the hotel and did some laundry.
I'm sorry my trip reports are not that great and I will try to make them reflect more of the fun we are having but I'm currently in the food court posting this because it's the only place I get reception.
You're doing just fine!
I'm sure we're all appreciative.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
5 centimeters(probably a bit more now) in my case. I had to have an elevation. shoes are not that flexible, thus hurt my feet. I ended with blisters for having to walk from my home to the bus and then from the bus to the school. Not fun since this was a DAILY thing.
infact, I had fights with the school directors.
which is stupid since they were close friends of my parents.. yet they refused to let me use special modified tennis.
Then I pretty much started to sabotage myself to not go to that school.
In my case, it was not about weight.. but cancer... the radiation pretty much killed the growth on the affected area (which was affected by bone cancer)

That was sad that you had to endure your foot problems, and the stupidity of the school directors, who would not let you wear special shoes. You were also dealing with bone cancer as well. I guess all I can say is that somehow, you have triumphed over adversity and become a strong adult with both humor and compassion toward others. Your family must be proud of your accomplishments.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Awe, it is so nice to know you were missed by Jack.

\ Walt is like that when I am gone one night or two weeks. Got home last time about 2am and I think he woke the neighbors. It was fun watching him look out that window at the taxi in the driveway and when he finally zero'd in on me he was so excited and so vocal.

What's even funnier, is that after the "scene" he made when I walked in the door, he then went halfway up the stairs and just stopped for a moment, and stared at me. He had the oddest expression, and it was almost like he was saying, "Just where the heck have you been, and why didn't you consult with me about your absence?" :rolleyes:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We lasted all night and got only 3 hours of sleep the night before. That was bad planning on our part. It got tough there for awhile but we did it. I'm currently doing laundry and I finally got wifi reception. That is why I haven't posted. Let me put my clothes in the dryer and get some pictures posted.

I think it's hilarious that you're doing laundry on your vacation?!! Cease immediately!!! There will be NO more chores during your WDW vacation!!! :eek: :D :p

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So we arrived on May 20th and went to DTD or Disney Springs. We ate at Earl of Sandwich then walked along the bridge. The cars that go in the water look like fun but I'm not going to be riding one anytime soon.
We then took the boat to Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter. This is one of my favorite things to do. I bought my first mug: a French Quarter mug.
May 21 we went to Boma for breakfast and saw Warwick Davis eating with his family! We got a picture but my son is in the picture and I'm not smart enough to crop him out.

I, too, ate at Earl of Sandwich--the Italian sammie again--loved it!!! I had a nice table outdoors; it was around 11:30 AM and not too hot, and there was a porch cover over the seating area which helped, too.

Happy to hear that you had such a fun boat ride and purchased your "first" new cup of the vacation! :)

Boma is a great restaurant and weren't you lucky to see a celebrity!! :joyfull:

I liked how they are upgrading Downtown Disney (Springs). Don't care for the name, but the new additions are nice. And, even though my budget would not allow a meal for me at the new Boathouse, I peeked in and was surprised to see how nice it looked down there--with that big open, circular bar area--a really nice touch, I thought. I didn't go further inside, but they had the bar area visible with all the doors open.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The rest of May 21 we hotel hopped and went to afternoon tea at the Grand Floridian. I will post those pictures of our food when my daughter emails them to me.
We ate at Beaches and Cream and we chose not to eat the kitchen sink. I couldn't handle it. My kids shared a brownie sundae.

I have always wanted to do afternoon tea at the Grand. :inlove: Can't wait to see your pictures!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Your trip updates are great! Keep em coming!! The pictures are very nice, too.

I'm amazed that you could stay up so late for the 24-hour event, with only a few hours of sleep the night before. You must have been running on adrenaline!

With regard to the fireworks at DHS for SW, I agree--as mentioned previously, I had an awesome view of both the Epcot and DHS fireworks from my hotel window. I thought the DHS ones were much more exciting and creative than the Epcot ones (although Epcot's were still very good). It was fun to "compare" the two sets of fireworks displays, because the Epcot ones were first, and then DHS followed about 25 minutes later. ;)

Oh, glad to see you went to Columbia Harbour House. I did, too, and was at probably the exact same seat as in your picture! I had my favorite hummous/slaw sammie on toasted multi-grain, and they had some really yummy homemade chips with it, too! (I think they were homemade--not the usual chips out of a bag anyway.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom