Pet Friendly Off Site Places to Stay

EmmieSue

Original Poster
My family and I are planning to come to Disney World next year and we our only problem at the moment is trying to figure out what to do with our two dogs. Both are under 15lbs. We don't really have any family or friends who can give them the attention and care that they would need. So currently we are looking for other options.

We have looked into the Best Friends Pet Care, but I was wondering if any of you know of any places very close by, but off site that are pet friendly? Can be hotels or vacation homes. There are four adults and two dogs, but we can easily share two double beds. A kitchen or kitchenette and a pool are a must.

Thanks!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
My family and I are planning to come to Disney World next year and we our only problem at the moment is trying to figure out what to do with our two dogs. Both are under 15lbs. We don't really have any family or friends who can give them the attention and care that they would need. So currently we are looking for other options.

We have looked into the Best Friends Pet Care, but I was wondering if any of you know of any places very close by, but off site that are pet friendly? Can be hotels or vacation homes. There are four adults and two dogs, but we can easily share two double beds. A kitchen or kitchenette and a pool are a must.

Thanks!
You don't have any boarding facilities back where you live that could meet their needs?

EmmieSue

Original Poster
You don't have any boarding facilities back where you live that could meet their needs?

I am not willing to place them into a regular kennel and we don't have anything fancier at home. That probably sounds really snobby, but my dogs are my children and I want the best for them.

EmmieSue

Original Poster
Have you checked into pet sitters in your area?

I don't feel comfortable leaving them with just anyone. They need to be entirely comfortable with them and I need to know they are going to take care of them properly. I can't trust my family and friends with them. I don't really want to leave them with a stranger either. I was only even considering the Best Friends place because I would be able to go and see them at least twice a day still.

Chernaboggles

Thanks!

A vacation home will be your best bet. We always travel with our dog, and while there are hotel chains and individual properties that welcome dogs as overnight guests, almost all of them expressly forbid you to leave the dog alone in the room at any time. Pet-Friendly vacation homes can be found via searching sites like VRBO and HomeAway (just put "Pet Friendly" as one of your search criteria). Many will say "Pets Considered", so you'll have to talk to individual owners.

If your dogs are loud and barky, go for a detached home to avoid noise complaints. If they're quiet, a condo or townhouse will probably work fine. Crate-training tends to be a plus with landlords, so if your dogs are crated when you aren't home, make sure to mention it. Many owners have size and breed restrictions, so the fact that your dogs are very small will help a lot.

EmmieSue

Original Poster
A vacation home will be your best bet. We always travel with our dog, and while there are hotel chains and individual properties that welcome dogs as overnight guests, almost all of them expressly forbid you to leave the dog alone in the room at any time. Pet-Friendly vacation homes can be found via searching sites like VRBO and HomeAway (just put "Pet Friendly" as one of your search criteria). Many will say "Pets Considered", so you'll have to talk to individual owners.

If your dogs are loud and barky, go for a detached home to avoid noise complaints. If they're quiet, a condo or townhouse will probably work fine. Crate-training tends to be a plus with landlords, so if your dogs are crated when you aren't home, make sure to mention it. Many owners have size and breed restrictions, so the fact that your dogs are very small will help a lot.

I did find a hotel really close to the parks called Clarion Inn that seems to be super reasonable price wise, conveniently located, and their policy is just that they would like the dogs in a crate of some sort when you aren't in the room which is fine since we plan to let them do doggy daycare at the best friends place on the days we plan to be in the parks the longest. My little ones aren't barkers. Thanks for the advice! I am still looking around to find the very best option and will check out those searches. :D

Figgy1

Premium Member
Have you asked your vet or groomer about a babysitter? Our vet suggested a lovely woman and the people around here refer to her house as doggy camp! I think my dog has more fun there than at home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom