Going to parks before hotel check in

jensenmom72

Original Poster
Can you go to the parks before checking in to your hotel? We are arriving Sun nite and plan on going to MK in the morning before checking into our hotel. I read another post that gave the impression you have to ck into your hotel first before you can go to the parks with package reservations.

Rob562

Under the system that's been in place up until now, if your tickets were purchased separately, you're OK to go to the parks before checkin. If you had tickets as part of a package, you at least had to stop by the hotel and do the front desk paperwork before your tickets were active.

But, with the currently-being-rolled-out "direct to room" pre-check-in system, it's possible/probable that you may be able to go to the parks before going to the hotel, though I have not read any posts from people who have done so.

-Rob

Tom

Beta Return
Can you go to the parks before checking in to your hotel? We are arriving Sun nite and plan on going to MK in the morning before checking into our hotel. I read another post that gave the impression you have to ck into your hotel first before you can go to the parks with package reservations.

Quick question...out of curiosity. You say you're arriving late the night before, then going to the MK in the morning. What are you doing between "arrival" and going to the MK?

MajesticHandz

From experience I have learnt that checking into your hotel before hitting the park gives you that 100% feeling of "settled for the fun ahead". To me getting to the park before checking in is more like going to a friend's house party from the office.

DisDadWoz

Without knowing your plans from the night before, don't you want to at least check in Monday Morning to drop off your luggage, etc. at the resort then go to MK? They will hold your bags in storage for you until the room is ready.

jensenmom72

Original Poster
In case anyone is wondering........ You can go to the parks without checking into the Hotel. Your park passes are linked to your MB. We also checked in online so we will get a text mess. when our rooms are ready. I am soo excited. We have 2 more weeks of school then we can focus on Disney:p

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
In case anyone is wondering........ You can go to the parks without checking into the Hotel. Your park passes are linked to your MB. We also checked in online so we will get a text mess. when our rooms are ready. I am soo excited. We have 2 more weeks of school then we can focus on Disney:p
Are you 100% positive? Others have reported that this did not work for them.

JasonDeyoung

I believe its if you have the direct to room option. I have had this a few times. You just have to be paid in full, credit card on file for charges and a phone/email to notify you when your rooms ready. It has worked great for me. I also have an annual pass so I don't have to deal with packages, tickets etc with those I believe you still have to stop at the front desk to check in before. If your rooms not ready they'll hold your luggage and text you when rooms ready

Tom

Beta Return

This would work if the tickets are not a part of the MYW package.

Baxatan

You can certainly head straight to the parks if you want to. Like others have said, if your have purchased your park tickets on a Magic Your Way package with the resort, they will already be linked to your My Disney Experience account. However, they will not automatically be valid for park entry and you'll want to stop by Guest Relations for an early ticket pick up.
If you go to the resort and check in first, the tickets will become active in the same interaction.

Rob562

What about Magic Bands? Wouldn't they already be activated?

It's a bit complicated, and there's a couple new unknown variables thanks to the new direct-to-room program.

The Bands are "activated" the moment they ship to you. That is, they do their job which is to "point" to you in the MDE system.

But there has to be something on your profile to point to.

If you have tickets purchased separately and linked, they're there and visible.

But if you have a package, the tickets aren't active until you check in. Thus the requirement to stop at the hotel first. For a while you could go to Guest Relations and get your tickets early (as mentioned by a previous poster) but I recall hearing that the CMs are being discouraged from doing this.

Now, with the new Direct to Room system, it's possible that it acts the same as visiting the front desk and your package's tickets are active first thing in the morning. But I haven't read any experiences testing this theory.

-Rob

PinnySmart

So the people I talked to when you call Disney are wrong? Not trying to be snarky just asking a question lol
Not always but unfortunately they are sometimes. It is not unheard of to call 3 times with the same question and receive 3 different answers. Sometimes all 3 are wrong. Why can't you stop by the hotel front desk before going to the Magic Kingdom. Your room probably won't be ready that early but at least you no for sure that your tickets will be active.

MissingDisney

So the people I talked to when you call Disney are wrong? Not trying to be snarky just asking a question lol
Short answer...yes...all too often.....yes. You will get far better, more accurate and reliable information right here than you will by calling and talking to someone sitting in a call center in LBV, Tampa, or better yet, sitting in their own living room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom