Pre-Trip 199 Bottles of Beer on the Wall -- The Countdown Is ON!

WE'RE GOING BACK! In 199 days!

I rolled over this morning and checked my phone -- it was 6:26AM on a Saturday, but I couldn't get back to sleep because of the excitement...The excitement of seeing our trip countdown reach sub-200 days! A perfect day to begin our pre-trip report :D

First off, some introductions:
Shaun! My wonderful husband.
shaun2.JPG

A little about Shaun:

Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Ride: TSMM
Favorite Restaurant: 'Ohana

Me (Shari)
shari.JPG

A little about me:

Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Ride: PoTC
Favorite Restaurant: Liberty Tree / 'Ohana

A little about us:

We live in Colorado, land of the Rocky Mountains, limited oxygen, extreme sunshine, and the Broncos! Shaun is an avid KU basketball fan, lover of muscle cars, and spends most of his free time remodeling our house. He loves Broncos and Avs games and is the sports category mastermind on our weekly pub trivia team.

I'm originally from Oregon (go Ducks!), enjoy traveling and spoiling our niece and nephew. I love horses and spend most of my time (when not planning WDW trips) at the barn caring for our 4-year-old QH gelding, Remington. I ride quite a bit and love every minute of it. The closest feeling to the excitement of the free-fall on ToT is picking up a perfect canter transition and riding like the wind. Oh, sorry, we're supposed to be talking about Disney here...

So, last year:
We went to WDW in September 2014 and had a fabulous (despite the weather's greatest efforts to rain on our parade...or at least the parades we went all the way to Florida to enjoy!) trip. I didn't write a trip report, but here's a brief rundown:

CSR on Free Dining
MNSSHP
Lots of PoTC, TSMM, and HM :D

Somehow, I managed to convince (beg?) DH that we should go back again this year. He was a little hesitant -- we're remodeling our house (Read: Leaking money like a sieve), and last year I sort of ran us both into the ground on our trip. Before I moved to Colorado and met Shaun, I had lived and traveled around the world -- much of which I did solo and seeing/doing as much as possible. I am an itinerary/structure/see-it-all and sleep-when-you-get-home-type traveler, which meant that we saw and did a TON during last year's trip, but my gangbusters pace wore us out and...unfortunately, we missed a lot of details.

So, after solemnly swearing to S-L-O-W down this time, he happily agreed that we should book the trip and make our way back to the World. One stipulation: We did Hween last time, this time he really campaigned to see the World at Christmas, so without further ado, here is our next trip plan:

December 2015
Port Orleans Riverside
No free dining this time
Maybe MVMCP?
Lots of PoTC, TSMM, and HM :D

Pending decisions for this trip:
Disney Dining Plan -- Is it worth it for us or not?
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party -- worth it?
Bucket List -- Things we didn't get to do/see from last trip (I'm looking at YOU, Test Track & Fantasmic!)

More next time! We're in the thick of ADR discussions, park touring plans, and coordinating those. Hopefully by the next update, I'll have some of that locked down :D

Til next time, dearest Disney enthusiasts -- Cheers!

mrdrift

Sounds wonderful, congrats on the trip during Christmas, I time my family really wants to go but would be disowned by the rest of the family if we went. Following along for this fantastic trip.

ColoradoEquestrian

Original Poster
Great title! You have to wait ever longer than we do :) You also stay in PO, only the other half! Enjoy the pre feelings!!
Thanks! The pre feelings are currently a mix of hurry up time/where should we plan to eat/how do I perfectly map out the schedule. You'll have to give your review of POFQ after you're back! I would love to stay there someday.

ColoradoEquestrian

Original Poster
Sounds wonderful, congrats on the trip during Christmas, I time my family really wants to go but would be disowned by the rest of the family if we went. Following along for this fantastic trip.
Ha! Well you could always go down with family disownment in a blaze of Disney glory! :D Kidding of course. We're going in early December for the same reason. Not sure we would hear the end of it if we missed traditions at home. Thanks for following along!!!!

ColoradoEquestrian

Original Poster
Another thing we're looking forward to this next trip: Ride photos!!! It took us a little while to figure out where all the cameras were...and even when we did, occasionally we forgot which side of the ride they were on. Here's a prime example. I'm throwing up the University of Oregon O, and Shaun is...making an incredible face...all to a nonexistent camera! :arghh:

space-mountain3.jpg

sheriffwoody

I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets so excited that far out! I hope the time passes quickly for you :D We went in December last year, and loved it (save for the MK crowds that kind of got to me so close to Christmas).

We did the Christmas party, and I don't think we'd do it again. I don't regret it, but we should have gone in with more of a plan because we ended up leaving pretty early because I was bored. ha!

It's funny that you went in Sept last year and doing Dec this year. We did the opposite, Dec last year and Sept this year :)

FlaggNL

Thanks! The pre feelings are currently a mix of hurry up time/where should we plan to eat/how do I perfectly map out the schedule. You'll have to give your review of POFQ after you're back! I would love to stay there someday.

I understand what you mean about the hurry LOL! And off course there will be a TR, just as I did after our October '14 and trip and some DLP trips :) Can't wait to explore POFQ!!

ColoradoEquestrian

Original Poster
I'm glad I'm not the only one that gets so excited that far out! I hope the time passes quickly for you :D We went in December last year, and loved it (save for the MK crowds that kind of got to me so close to Christmas).

We did the Christmas party, and I don't think we'd do it again. I don't regret it, but we should have gone in with more of a plan because we ended up leaving pretty early because I was bored. ha!

It's funny that you went in Sept last year and doing Dec this year. We did the opposite, Dec last year and Sept this year :)

What about MVMCP would you plan out? I'm about 80% sure we're going to pass on the party at this point but I'm still a bit torn. We loved MNSSHP though! Ever been to one of those? September was awesome, low crowds and the Hween decor.

ColoradoEquestrian

Original Poster
I understand what you mean about the hurry LOL! And off course there will be a TR, just as I did after our October '14 and trip and some DLP trips :) Can't wait to explore POFQ!!
DLP is on my bucket list!!! I lived in London twice and have no idea why I never hopped over to the park o_O I will check out your previous TRs!!!

sheriffwoody

What about MVMCP would you plan out? I'm about 80% sure we're going to pass on the party at this point but I'm still a bit torn. We loved MNSSHP though! Ever been to one of those? September was awesome, low crowds and the Hween decor.

I honestly don't even know, but we just walked around and didn't take note of when the parade or fireworks would start so we were in bad spots for both of those. And I wasn't prepared for how crowded it would be. I thought it would be less because it was a ticketed event, but I was way wrong. We ended up leaving right after the fireworks because some guy made me mad when he blocked my view with his big ole balloon. It was a mini adult meltdown. haha! I think with the halloween party, we have more of an expectation of how crowded it will be, and we'll be able to handle it better.

ColoradoEquestrian

Original Poster
I honestly don't even know, but we just walked around and didn't take note of when the parade or fireworks would start so we were in bad spots for both of those. And I wasn't prepared for how crowded it would be. I thought it would be less because it was a ticketed event, but I was way wrong. We ended up leaving right after the fireworks because some guy made me mad when he blocked my view with his big ole balloon. It was a mini adult meltdown. haha! I think with the halloween party, we have more of an expectation of how crowded it will be, and we'll be able to handle it better.

We thought the same thing about ticketed events and crowd levels--it turns out that we were at a sold out MNSSHP....good grief there were a lot of people, but still so much fun! The Boo to You parade is fabulous, some guests had ornate and creative costumes, and for some reason the trick-or-treat component was way more fun than I anticipated. I think you'll have a much better time, maybe check out the party crowd predictors out there. Kenny the Pirate has one, I believe.
We had a run-in with a total witch in Adventureland that almost made me want to leave early. She slammed her stroller right into me, hard, and I just stood there while she shouted profanities at me and then when I said, "Excuse me, were you just swearing at me?" She seriously wouldn't make eye contact, told me she wasn't talking to me and to mind my own beep-beep business. Yiiiiikes!!!! All in front of her young kid. So UNmagical. But my husband rescued the mood when he bust out laughing. Said she was the newest Disney villain and then whisked me onto my favorite ride (PoTC!!!! Yo ho!).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom