Pixar Inside Out 2015

216bruce

SrhkV5r.png

Presenting Bing Bong, rileys imaginary friend. With the recent rumors that Inside out might take over the imagination pavilion I think it's interesting to give this guy a look. As he very well may end up being the new figment. Though I am sure if inside did take over imagination figment would work side by side with Bing Bong.
On first glance and first thought...COOL!

Skip

I was fortunate enough to score excellent world premiere tickets this evening and was right near the cast + John Lasseter and Pete Doctor. The film is fantastic - the animation is gorgeous, the script and characters burst with charm, it's hilarious, heartbreaking and passionate - for the most part it all really clicks. It's very much a buddy adventure movie with Joy and Sadness - and, for the most part, Bing Bong, who has a larger role than Fear, Anger or Disgust (who essentially share a small though important arc).

The film will make some cry (I did, a few times). It's incredibly poignant in moments. There's a surprisingly dark turn at one point that makes more sense the more I think about it, and I'm glad they were brave enough to do it. Everyone should definitely see it - I'd rank it up there with Ratatouille, WALL*E, and Toy Story 3.

Skip

Some other points:

-The Figment cameo is there, but it's very brief, and given the context actually pretty sad/symbolic depending on how you interpret it.
-The instrumental to Grim Grinning Ghosts appears in the film.
-There's at least one Finding Nemo easter egg in Imaginationland...
-And a "For the Birds" cameo in the opening titles.

Skip

Did you hear any familiar voices? I know Richard Kind is Bing Bong, but did, say, John Ratzenberg appear?

Shoot, I forgot to check the casting credits - I was too busy clapping. There were definitely plenty of opportunities for him (and other cameos) to make appearances. If Ratzenberg played anyone, I may have a guess.

Skip

This is the only Pixar film I can say I would love to see a sequel to since The Incredibles. It's that good, and the characters lend themselves well to continuing adventures if they chose to pursue them (they'd have to become a little less kid-friendly I suspect, though). Truly a brilliant universe they've created.

AllyInWonderland

Some other points:

-The Figment cameo is there, but it's very brief, and given the context actually pretty sad/symbolic depending on how you interpret it.
-The instrumental to Grim Grinning Ghosts appears in the film.
-There's at least one Finding Nemo easter egg in Imaginationland...
-And a "For the Birds" cameo in the opening titles.
There's a Figment cameo?!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom