The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I'm the opposite lol. thanks to my implant.. I can get vertigo, eye blurring..etc.. if the coaster is too fast or shakes too much. so I prefer well themed "slow"(like thunder mountain) coasters.
or old wood coasters like the old Medusa at Six Flags Mexico (I think this one max speed was like 75Km/h) but it rattled a lot!.

I love roller coasters like Thunder or the big old fashioned wooden coasters. While I will ride Rock'n I'm not a big fan of that type of thrill coaster. I use to love Space and still love the concept but as I age the rough ride tends to stick with me longer than it use too. I ride it less often each trip.

Goofyernmost

Apparently, they don't say much about it here either. Sometimes when I'm waiting for the morning bus, I see the kids walking up to the local high school. I'm far from a prude, but heck, I'm shocked at some of the clothes these kids wear to school??!! :jawdrop: I'm surprised some of them don't get sent back home to change into something else a little more appropriate.

We had a dress code (and it was a basic, neat and presentable code--nothing revealing, torn, or with any offensive words on it) in our schools when I was growing up. It was enforced. But a little more to my point here: none of us would have been let out of the house in the morning dressed like some of these kids. That's the part that gets to me: why aren't their parents stopping them at the door, and telling them that certain items of clothing may be o.k. for the beach, but not appropriate for school?? :confused:
Quick answer... Their parents are already on their way to work before the kids leave for school or they are afraid if they demand that their child act with some degree of class the kid won't like them anymore. We all know, from commercials and greeting cards the job of a parent is not guidance, it is to be a best friend. It's to bad that people don't seem to understand that those two words are interchangeable.

Goofyernmost

call me old fashioned but not for me. Give me a bigger classic Spectro anyday
The only problem that I had with Spectro was the darkness. The characters in white masks, coupled with the music made me think of a horror movie. I never understood it nor found it to have any redeeming value. I know a lot of people liked it, but, I was not one of those people. Spooky! MSEP may be corny, but, it is much more upbeat. In my opinion, they got rid of the right one.

FutureCEO

Brilliant, yes. Amazing, yes. But too distracting. I can't imagine actually being there turning your head to look at fireworks and then to the buildings. No "story" in the Disney sense. However, the best parts are Tangled and the Lion King. I can't imagine them doing that with the amount of people that go. Bottleneck at Main Street.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
The only problem that I had with Spectro was the darkness. The characters in white masks, coupled with the music made me think of a horror movie. I never understood it nor found it to have any redeeming value. I know a lot of people liked it, but, I was not one of those people. Spooky! MSEP may be corny, but, it is much more upbeat. In my opinion, they got rid of the right one.
The music was waaaaay better in Spectro IMO.
I also liked how the lights morphed from multi-coloured to white, and back.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Yah, me too. Yesterday afternoon, I took the disposable camera to a photo store nearby. The man told me they develop film once a week there (he said they do maybe 20 rolls of film a week, and set up the machine one time and do them all at once). Anyway, I probably won't have any pix back until Weds., at the very earliest. I asked him to put them on a cd. Again, I really don't know if any of them will come out at all, but I'll let everyone know what happens . . . :in pain:

I'm looking forward to whatever you have to post. Isn't it funny that just a couple years ago you could find lots of one hour photo stands and now you have to wait a week.

Goofyernmost

The music was waaaaay better in Spectro IMO.
I also liked how the lights morphed from multi-coloured to white, and back.
Sure, but that was pretty much one float, which I will agree was quite amazing. Sadly, there was more then one float in that parade. I just found it to weird to be on the top of my list of must do's. Can anyone tell me what the story line was behind the white masks? Maybe then I might be able to at least accept it as a reason. I'm usually pretty good at figuring out most of Disney's messages via symbolism, however, that one escapes me completely. Besides I love the Baroque Hoedown. Catchy tune, but, tough to dance too!

Goofyernmost

Brilliant, yes. Amazing, yes. But too distracting. I can't imagine actually being there turning your head to look at fireworks and then to the buildings. No "story" in the Disney sense. However, the best parts are Tangled and the Lion King. I can't imagine them doing that with the amount of people that go. Bottleneck at Main Street.

That was spectacular and it shows what Disney can do, at least on the West Coast. The only sad thing that came through to me was that with the advent of the new Hub, we will never see the East Coast with projections like that on the buildings. Everyone will be up front and they would not be able to see all that well enough to matter.

However, the trees did get in the way. I think they should cut them all down! :jawdrop:;):joyfull:

betty rose

I saw one sign at the entrance to just one of the attractions this past week. It wasn't as big as the one in the picture you shared, though. Also, between Sunday through Thursday (my last day there), I think I saw maybe 10 different people in all (in all 4 parks, different days, different times) with selfie sticks. All seemed to keep them under wraps, and only took them out for 1-2 pictures (outside of the attractions--didn't see anyone use them inside any of the attractions, thank goodness).
Welcome back, glad to hear you had fun, and a safe trip. Sorry this is late....I somehow missed when you got back.

Cesar R M

Yah, me too. Yesterday afternoon, I took the disposable camera to a photo store nearby. The man told me they develop film once a week there (he said they do maybe 20 rolls of film a week, and set up the machine one time and do them all at once). Anyway, I probably won't have any pix back until Weds., at the very earliest. I asked him to put them on a cd. Again, I really don't know if any of them will come out at all, but I'll let everyone know what happens . . . :in pain:
May the odds be in your favour ;)

betty rose

Ugh. FINALLY made it to Indiana! The trip took 90 minutes longer due to an accident and fire that closed the highway. We were rerouted 30 miles out of the way because it was in the middle of nothingness. Now to relax and wait for the fireworks on the live feed. :)
Sorry to hear about your delay. I hope no one was seriously hurt.
Many thanks.
Happy anniversary , Jennifer. I hope you did something fun.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

call me old fashioned but not for me. Give me a bigger classic Spectro anyday
but electro is gone.. forever.. rooting.. destroyed.. left to dust.. :(
ZrBbVTn.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom