What did you do?

Texas84

So, just got back from my first ever pedicure complete with foot and calf massage. In the future this is going to be mandatory before big races. Wow, feels like I have new feet. Can't wait to run tomorrow. Need to learn some basic Vietnamese though. They were all looking at my smushed toenails. :)

dreamfinder

Yesterday was 4x(1/2@6, 1/2@8) today was 2.5@2i, 2@7:30, .5@7.

Switched to the New Balance Fresh Foam Boracay today for a hilly 3-miler. Impressed. Real nice on the bad heel.

I wasn't that impressed with those. Comfort was pretty goo, but I'd be real concerned about the longevity. The soles didn't stand up at all on the TM, just left piles of black dust. The wear on the soles after 50 miles looked like mine normally do after 500. Hopefully that was fixed in the production model. (I beat on a demo pair for 6-7 weeks)

Texas84

I wasn't that impressed with those. Comfort was pretty goo, but I'd be real concerned about the longevity. The soles didn't stand up at all on the TM, just left piles of black dust. The wear on the soles after 50 miles looked like mine normally do after 500. Hopefully that was fixed in the production model. (I beat on a demo pair for 6-7 weeks)

Thanks, I'll keep an eye on them and report. I only have 7 miles so far. 4 miles this morning felt pretty good on the feet. Had to put the Goofys back in the box. Something wrong with the right shoe.

LindsayLoves

Quick 2.5 mi shakeout run this morning around my parents neighborhood. It was 36 degrees and I Loved it (with a capital L). Wearing shorts and a long sleeve and it was perfection. Won't be that cold tomorrow for the start of the half unfortunately but I suppose I shouldn't expect such perfect conditions at the end of May. Heading to the expo after breakfast and carb loading on some of the new local beers, and hoping to find the Mile 27 Pilsner which is brewed just for the marathon weekend!
Have a great Memorial Day everyone!

Texas84

Easy 3-miler this morning to keep loose for Monday's 10K. Stretched the right calf a bit then started out with a terrible sharp pain up my ankle. Thought I was going to have to turn around. But it worked itself out and had a nice run. Feel fine right now. Just had to loosen it up.

Texas84

Chick-fil-A series 10K this morning. Very hilly and surprised I was even able to break an hour. Finished second in my age group. A few of the hills had me almost beaten but the final mile was very strong. Next 10K in the series is flat.

imagination30

cotton row 10k this morning ... --- humid.. bc it was suppose torain .. but it was overcast.. -- look like it was going to rain when we got done.. - but 53:05 , and good for 467th overall! .... and they delayed the start for about a hour bc a tree fell on the course and they had to clean it up! .. but a race report coming soon!- bringing my total to 195.45 .. just a few mi9les short of 200 for year! ... but im determined to break it!

dreamfinder

Sat got to the gym, realized I had my cross training minimal shoes, so only did 1mi, .25@8, .5@7, .25@6, then some bike time. Sun did a 5k, knocked 1 min off my time from last week, so I was back down to a 21:06, still need to peel another 45 seconds or so off that to get me back to where I had been to then start pushing for that sub 20 again. Mon was 5@2i@8p followed by a 5k on the bike. Today was bike work. Damn I really need to work on my stretching/flexibility, I'm way too tense/stiff again.

JillC LI

Everyone was still asleep when I got up Saturday morning so I decided not to listen to any of their unspoken warnings, and I ran 6 miles. I was so pleased with myself. No pain then or since. My Garmin battery died half way through so I have no idea what my pace was, which was probably a good thing at the time because I just took it easy. I still get nervous about not knowing my limitations with RA, but it was a great run. The last thing I want to do is cause another flare, but all I can do is hope for the best.

Finished second in my age group.

Congrats! How exciting! Did you get a medal?

Texas84

Everyone was still asleep when I got up Saturday morning so I decided not to listen to any of their unspoken warnings, and I ran 6 miles. I was so pleased with myself. No pain then or since. My Garmin battery died half way through so I have no idea what my pace was, which was probably a good thing at the time because I just took it easy. I still get nervous about not knowing my limitations with RA, but it was a great run. The last thing I want to do is cause another flare, but all I can do is hope for the best.

Congrats! How exciting! Did you get a medal?

They do give out age group medals but I didn't stay. I was hungry and my foot hurt. :)

Congrats on your pain-free 6-miler! Work on that pace later.

imagination30

since its been raining alot lately ... i decided to submit my proof of time to disney today so we will see what corral i land in this year. - in 2014 I ran cotton row in 50:03 and submited it that year and got in c corral so let do this !:geek:

imagination30

well a beautiful muggy day to logg 200 miles for the year .. so i did .. posting a 5.34 ,, muggy bc a storm was moving in!- but 200.81 for the year and its not even summer yet! ;)

Kristia

@lukacseven I did the Wildwood Half that weekend. I guess I finished too slow because there was no Coke left at the end (or I missed it). I definitely loved the goody bag with the cookies, Pretzels and Johnson Bros. popcorn! We will definitely be doing that one again. I gave our wristbands for rides to a family on the boardwalk since it was kind of rainy when we finished and we just wanted to get home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom