Non-Spoiler Reviews

SoccerLover100

Original Poster
Can anyone post some non-spoiler reviews of the new nighttime offerings at the Disneyland Resort? I would read the other threads on the reviews of the shows but i'm sure they are filled with plenty of spoilers. Thanks!

Picklesthedrummer

World of Color-Celebrate: Very different from the original world of color with NPH and Mickey narrating the journey. This show tells the story of how Walt started with Mickey Mouse to what Disney has become today. While the original had more segments dedicated to one specific movie such as Toy Story scene, Celebrate joins certain scenes into one. For instance the show will talk about many different disney films and rather than having separate scenes, they will be joined together only showing segments from each film for a few seconds for the most part. Celebrate also lacks the emotional punch the original had, although there are a few tributes to Walt that are very heart warming. One other problem I did have about Celebrate is the show uses more of the myst screen projections to tell the story rather than the fountains. Which to me is the whole point of World of Color is witnessing incredible demonstrations by the fountains themselves. There are several new effects added into the show. Some of which are some of the coolest effects I have ever seen. Overall World of Color-Celebrate is a fantastic show and I really did enjoy it, but for me I do enjoy the original much more because it had more of the wow factor.

Paint the Night: I was blown away by Paint the Night when I was able to see it at the cast preview a few nights ago. The best way to describe this parade is the Main Street Electrical Parade on steroids. While Paint the Night does pay some wonderful tributes to the Electrical Parade that debuted in Disneyland over 40 years ago. Everything from the floats, to the costumes that the dancers wear are simply stunning. The floats are massive and filled with vibrant color. The vibe of this parade is a whole lot of fun as well, with an incredibly catchy song by Owl City, and honestly it just feels like a giant party is rolling by on Main Street. I am not typically someone who loves to sit and watch a parade, however I will make an effort to watch Paint the Night every chance I get when I come into Disneyland at night.

Disneyland Forever: When Disney announced that Remember...Dreams Come True will be retired and replaced with a new fireworks show for the Diamond Celebration, I was very skeptical to believe imagineers could top the wonderful show they created in 2005. Disneyland Forever completely surpasses it's predecessor. This 18 minute fireworks show is the most immersive show ever created by Disney. While we all know projections have been added to Main Street, the Castle, Matterhorn, Small World, and the Rivers of America; there are plenty of surprises still in store for this show that truly bring Disneyland alive not only in the sky, all around you as you watch this wonderful show. Many people were skeptical that since this show would feature heavily on the projections, the amount of fireworks in the show would be pretty minimal. No need to worry as this show could stand on it's own without the projections and special effects. The show transitions very well from scene to scene similar how the original World of Color did. This show does need to be seen from multiple angles in the park. As stated earlier, projections are all over the parks, however the same thing is not always projected on each structure. What you see on Main Street can be very different from what you see projected onto the castle. Disneyland Forever is the crown jewel of the Diamond Celebration, it brought tears to my eyes as I watched it for the first time showing how magical and special Disneyland really is. I have seen many fireworks shows done by Disney on both coasts, and Disneyland Forever without a doubt is my new favorite.

Californian Elitist

Well that's great to hear about The new Disneyland fireworks and paint the night! Although it's slightly disappointing to hear that about the new World of Color. Is the new World of Color at least better than Fantasmic! at Disney World? Regardless, I can't wait to see all the new offerings!

Don't let the reviews disappoint you. See the show yourself and make your own judgement.

SoccerLover100

Original Poster
World of Color-Celebrate: Very different from the original world of color with NPH and Mickey narrating the journey. This show tells the story of how Walt started with Mickey Mouse to what Disney has become today. While the original had more segments dedicated to one specific movie such as Toy Story scene, Celebrate joins certain scenes into one. For instance the show will talk about many different disney films and rather than having separate scenes, they will be joined together only showing segments from each film for a few seconds for the most part. Celebrate also lacks the emotional punch the original had, although there are a few tributes to Walt that are very heart warming. One other problem I did have about Celebrate is the show uses more of the myst screen projections to tell the story rather than the fountains. Which to me is the whole point of World of Color is witnessing incredible demonstrations by the fountains themselves. There are several new effects added into the show. Some of which are some of the coolest effects I have ever seen. Overall World of Color-Celebrate is a fantastic show and I really did enjoy it, but for me I do enjoy the original much more because it had more of the wow factor.

Paint the Night: I was blown away by Paint the Night when I was able to see it at the cast preview a few nights ago. The best way to describe this parade is the Main Street Electrical Parade on steroids. While Paint the Night does pay some wonderful tributes to the Electrical Parade that debuted in Disneyland over 40 years ago. Everything from the floats, to the costumes that the dancers wear are simply stunning. The floats are massive and filled with vibrant color. The vibe of this parade is a whole lot of fun as well, with an incredibly catchy song by Owl City, and honestly it just feels like a giant party is rolling by on Main Street. I am not typically someone who loves to sit and watch a parade, however I will make an effort to watch Paint the Night every chance I get when I come into Disneyland at night.

Disneyland Forever: When Disney announced that Remember...Dreams Come True will be retired and replaced with a new fireworks show for the Diamond Celebration, I was very skeptical to believe imagineers could top the wonderful show they created in 2005. Disneyland Forever completely surpasses it's predecessor. This 18 minute fireworks show is the most immersive show ever created by Disney. While we all know projections have been added to Main Street, the Castle, Matterhorn, Small World, and the Rivers of America; there are plenty of surprises still in store for this show that truly bring Disneyland alive not only in the sky, all around you as you watch this wonderful show. Many people were skeptical that since this show would feature heavily on the projections, the amount of fireworks in the show would be pretty minimal. No need to worry as this show could stand on it's own without the projections and special effects. The show transitions very well from scene to scene similar how the original World of Color did. This show does need to be seen from multiple angles in the park. As stated earlier, projections are all over the parks, however the same thing is not always projected on each structure. What you see on Main Street can be very different from what you see projected onto the castle. Disneyland Forever is the crown jewel of the Diamond Celebration, it brought tears to my eyes as I watched it for the first time showing how magical and special Disneyland really is. I have seen many fireworks shows done by Disney on both coasts, and Disneyland Forever without a doubt is my new favorite.
Well that's great to hear about The new Disneyland fireworks and paint the night! Although it's slightly disappointing to hear that about the new World of Color. Is the new World of Color at least better than Fantasmic! at Disney World? Regardless, I can't wait to see all the new offerings!

GiveMeTheMusic

Dental work is better than WDW's Fantasmic.

Picklesthedrummer

For the most part it depends with World of Color Celebrate. In general people who fell in love with the original, like myself prefer the original. However people who didn't love the original world of color tend to like Celebrate more. It just depends on your preference. Although I would say without a doubt I would take World of Color-Celebrate over WDW's Fantastic or even Wishes any day.

disney4life2008

Dental work is better than WDW's Fantasmic.

I have been meaning to comment on this. I have been at WDW the past week and yet I see Fantasmic! I am quite over it (honestly). I was ruined by Disneyland (and if you recall, I was there in October) so I did not even get to see Fantasmic; but I was blown away by World of Color. Since then, the night time offerings here at WDW are just a bore. With the exception of NPH narrating - it sounds like the new WOC and all the new offerings at DLR are amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom