DAS attached to Magic Band

jensenmom72

Original Poster
Has anyone used DAS when it was attached to Magic Band yet? I think we are going to have use it for my 8 yr old son with ADHD. I am hoping we don't because we want him to try and learn to wait . But I also know his limitations and not quite sure how he will react :) He is VERY hyperactive.
So has anyone used it the new way yet? Good bad indifferent experience?

arko

The system has not really changed at all from what I have read, other than it is now managed electronically.

jensenmom72

Original Poster
When is your trip? It's being a bit glitchy right now, the lines at Guest Relations this week were awful.
We are going end of June/first of July. I would say forget the whole thing but his adhd really comes out when his meds wear off and they don't wear off the same every day. sigh. Hopefully it will be better by the time we go.

LizC

We are going end of June/first of July. I would say forget the whole thing but his adhd really comes out when his meds wear off and they don't wear off the same every day. sigh. Hopefully it will be better by the time we go.

I'm sure it will be fine. I went and used the DAS when it first changed over from the GAC. Everyone was up in arms, complaining saying it was impossible to use. We had no trouble at all.

When you get back I would love to hear how it goes.

Have a great trip!

jensenmom72

Original Poster
I'm sure it will be fine. I went and used the DAS when it first changed over from the GAC. Everyone was up in arms, complaining saying it was impossible to use. We had no trouble at all.

When you get back I would love to hear how it goes.

Have a great trip!
thanks LizC I am really excited to go :happy:

arko

we used the new electronic DAS today and it was very well implemented and easy to use. First the only big change is that when getting one your whole party must be present, or at least your passes/magicbands. The app basically builds your party by reading the bands. One person is assigned as the DAS holder(the person with the disability) and they take their picture which I am guessing shows up on the FP return screen. After that anyone in the party can go to the FP return and someone will scan your band and you whole party will be given a DAS return time which shows up in the MDE app alongside any FP's you might have. You are still limited to one at a time, and as always the DAS holder must ride, they check this by having the DAS holder go first and scan their pass/bands which triggers the screen and then all others scan their passes/bands just like a regular FP. This makes it look like you are using a FP just like anyone else which eliminates the stares and questions some have gotten. The only thing that now makes no sense is that you still have to go to the ride when it should be available at any FP kiosk given its electronic nature. Also they are issuing them for maximum 60 days, if you are a passholder why not make it till your pass expires, this would lessen traffic at guest services.
Otherwise it is still basically the same system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom