Dog Kennels

Pecosburger

.I am a long time WDW patron (35 plus years). As life goes, I have not been down in a while since the changeover of the kennel system with my dog. I may sound odd but my dog is my bud. I specifically stay outside the "World" in a pet friendly rental house so my bud can stay with me . Before the changeover to a centralized kennel, when each park had their own. I would go 2 even three times a day to go back and see him, take him for a walk and hehe sneak in a Mai Tai at the Poly .OK maybe 2. I am now divorced and am doing a trip on my own with my bud for the first time. . Guess what I am asking is are the standards of the kennels like they where before the change.He would just stay daily and come back with me at night; and he likes the private pool and hot tub. hehe They were awesome but I know nothing since the change. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Pecosburger

Original Poster
Thank you for the reply. I truly trust that the service "meets" Disney quality. Please do not take this the wrong way, but when Disney farmed (no pun intended) out the kennels before the centralized location it slipped a bit.They sold off the kennels to a third party. Ads are wonderful. Guess what I am saying is first hand experience is what I am asking. No disrespect epcotisbest. I apreciate the reply.

Upvote 0

Chernaboggles

I don't have Disney kennel experience, but we also travel with our dog and stay offsite. The rental house we use is VERY close to the parks, so we zip "home" at regular intervals. A bit of a pain at Magic Kingdom, but pretty easy elsewhere. If you're not loving the Best Friends, maybe check into non-Disney doggie daycare near your rental?

BTW, Dr. Philips Community Park has a beautiful off-leash dog park. Highly recommend!

Upvote 0

MissingDisney

I don't have Disney kennel experience, but we also travel with our dog and stay offsite. The rental house we use is VERY close to the parks, so we zip "home" at regular intervals. A bit of a pain at Magic Kingdom, but pretty easy elsewhere. If you're not loving the Best Friends, maybe check into non-Disney doggie daycare near your rental?

BTW, Dr. Philips Community Park has a beautiful off-leash dog park. Highly recommend!
Friends of ours rent a home and bring their furry sons every trip. They have found area kennels to be far superior in care and service and cost a lot less. They have used a few based on where they rent. Maybe in your situation you can look for places near WDW property since you like to visit mid-day....hope you find what works best for you and your Buddy!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom