BIERGARTEN

PAW PAW 70

Original Poster
Has anyone eaten at the Biergarten in Germany lately. We ate there about 5 yrs ago and enjoyed it. Has the menus changed and do they still have the band and show?

Cluno

We ate there for the first time in April and loved it! Not sure if the buffet has changed, but it is available online. The band played and it was lots of fun!

Deranged Hermit

The Biergarten was probably my only complaint when we last went (beginning of October). The food on the buffet was cold and some jerk decided to drop an f-bomb during the audience participation part of the show. Now, I realize the second wasn't completely their fault, but the dude was pretty visibly drunk, so he should have never been given the microphone.

belledream

Much of the menu has stayed the same over the years. Still have the bratwursts, cold cuts, sauerkraut, breads, and pasta salads. And yup, the band and show is still there! The band members are even the same...or at least eerily similar. o_O

Hockey89

The Biergarten was probably my only complaint when we last went (beginning of October). The food on the buffet was cold and some jerk decided to drop an f-bomb during the audience participation part of the show. Now, I realize the second wasn't completely their fault, but the dude was pretty visibly drunk, so he should have never been given the microphone.
Screaming rude kids/parents or f Bombs.... That is a toss up....

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I have heard everything has pretty much stayed the same.
Me and DH (who loves true German food after living there while in the Army for 3 years) enjoyed it back in 2008. The only thing we did not like was sitting family style with people we did not know. I know it's true Octoberfest style but my DH especially did not care for that aspect. Atmosphere and food were great though.
We just eat at Summerfest the quick service next to it now if we want some delicious German food. :)

JIMINYCR

Theres a Menu on Mouse for Less listed as of 4/15.
We ate there last in 2013 and was happy with the food & entertainment. Havent been disappointed on other visits so I'm not expecting to be on our Nov trip.

Kman

We have eaten at Biergarten twice over the past couple of years and totally loved it! We found the food to be delicious and the service excellent. The theming in the building is great- it really feels like you are sitting in the square of a German town (we are planning a real life experience in Germany next summer to make a true comparison). I have never been a polka fan but the band is really good and they truly enhance the atmosphere. My wife is fluent in German and our kids didn't believe that she could carry on a discussion with a REAL German so to show them up she struck up a conversation with our server- the kids just sat there shocked! It was pretty funny to see. We have had great experiences there- go back. You won't regret it!

ynahtebwdw

this may sound antisocial but I am not the hugest fan of the 'sitting with other parties' policy, we went there and were sat with another party who were equally quiet and it was somewhat awkward. The food is great though and it's all you can eat so really great for getting your money's worth, and the show is entertaining

Flyersgirl17

I loved it but my husband and kids really didn't like it at all. The entertainment was great and the people we sat with were a riot, but i was the only one who liked the food.

Otterhead

I love the Biergarten. My friends and I have been known to go multiple times in one visit. We're all German food fans, and their bratwurst, sauerbraten, and salads are all terrific, and their red cabbage is some of the best I've had, surprisingly! The entertainment and atmosphere is all wonderful.

My only complaints: I wish they still had Späten/Becks beers instead of Radenberger & Hovels; the beers are all very light without many darker options. And it's always a bit of a tossup what sort of party you'll be seated with. Usually the atmosphere gets people in a relaxed & friendly mood, but last visit, my table-mates showed no visible emotion, never spoke, and didn't even return our greetings. Well, okay!

Hockey89

this may sound antisocial but I am not the hugest fan of the 'sitting with other parties' policy, we went there and were sat with another party who were equally quiet and it was somewhat awkward. The food is great though and it's all you can eat so really great for getting your money's worth, and the show is entertaining
It is not antisocial.... I have zero interest sitting with strangers.... None

bethymouse

Well, the sitting with another party of folks was OK. The food hasn't changed... typical German. The entertainment is still the same, and fun!:)

erasure fan1

Much of the menu has stayed the same over the years. Still have the bratwursts, cold cuts, sauerkraut, breads, and pasta salads. And yup, the band and show is still there! The band members are even the same...or at least eerily similar. o_O
Yup, in the last 10yrs or so, its been just about the same experience. I really can't think of anything thats really changed.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Der einzige große Unterschied, den Sie finden, ist die Biermarke Sie haben über von Spaten in den Warsteiner getauscht.

Or in English The only big difference you'll find is the brand of beer they've swapped over from Spaten to Warsteiner. Big disappointment to me, but its still better than yellow fizzy water.

Its set up as a typical German public space establishment, so applying cross cultural norms just wont sit well with some folks. Heavy on meat, starch and pickles... light on vegetables.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom