The Creator Games!: An Imagineering Competition- Discussion Thread

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
@TheOriginalTiki
At the hardware store and was thinking of you :p ;)
image.jpg

Matt7187

Nice introduction, makes it interesting to read, and the image sets it up well. The theme of the outdoor, jungle-y atmosphere is really nice, and the temple seems to be a good set piece (though, I'm not sure if it has any real connection to Avatar? I haven't seen the movie, so I am curious about this, there wasn't any real mention). Using native Na'vi animals and plants was a nice touch, and leaving the pre-show and story up to others was a good and smart choice, not trying to develop a ride story on your own. LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea about the 20% less gravity. Something like that has never really been done before, and it is a brilliant effect, as you may only pick up on it subconsciously, leading you to feel more immersed in the land. Really nice effect!​
Overall, honestly not much bad to say about this! You took your mission to heart, and did exactly what we were looking for!
I don't believe the temple has any connection to Avatar, I just made it up. I've never seen the movie either! Just googled for my facts. :p

jdmdisney99

After watching Tommorowland the ending wasjust okay. In fact this whole film was just ok. I do however like Athena, and the visual look of Tommorowland. Thats pretty much of it for my thoughts on Tommororowland.
Agreed for the most part. It fizzled out at the end. It left me wondering if it was actually over. However, I optimistically believe that the message of the movie pushes it past that. Thumbs up from me. Go see it. A very enjoyable film.

Disney Dad 3000

Solid jobs on the avatar write ups by everyone. Avatar is not one of my all time favorite movies, but was enjoyable, and does really lend itself to being amazing when it comes to rides, immersion, etc. With Cameron involved, I could see them pulling out every trick in the book to make the entire area as close to as experience as possible. I don't foresee there being any temples involved, but think interactive vegetation, the light up walkway, etc are all possible. In the movie they had to hike, climb, etc to get to the banshees they selected in the floating cliffs. So maybe the final part of the queue would see you coming out of some caves into an opening surrounded by clouds overhead, and other overhead visuals before boarding the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom