MK 24 hour party 2015 - Coolest Summer Ever

Sierrakilo85

Fun start this morning. Went to activate my AP voucher. First, no ticket booths open. Went to the long line at Guest Relations. Got to the window. Oops, all our systems are down. They had me write my name and address on a form and handed me an RFID card to get in. In the park now, still have to find out how my FP+s are affected since my account won't show an activated ticket.

That exact thing literally just happened to us this morning. Waiting until 8 or so to go back. Good luck!

DisneyOutsider

I was there for the first one and enjoyed it, the only thing that kind of sucked was the music choices during the street parties.

I'm the kind of guy who rolled his eyes when he heard about "dance parties" in the MK, but when I was there last year, I was pleasantly surprised at how well done they were. You really can't do much better considering the family-friendly constraints.

The guy who DJ's in front of the castle, I think they have him on contract for various events they do, was really good.

asianway

I'm the kind of guy who rolled his eyes when he heard about "dance parties" in the MK, but when I was there last year, I was pleasantly surprised at how well done they were. You really can't do much better considering the family-friendly constraints.

The guy who DJ's in front of the castle, I think they have him on contract for various events they do, was really good.
I heard last years dance parties were so overcrowded they were a safety hazard

DisneyOutsider

I heard last years dance parties were so overcrowded they were a safety hazard

Sounds like something one of our resident curmudgeons here made up.

I was at all of them for some period of time and there was more than ample space to move around. Now that I think about it, they were all significantly less crowded than actual dance parties that you'd witness at a club.

You were mis-informed

asianway

Sounds like something one of our resident curmudgeons here made up.

I was at all of them for some period of time and there was more than ample space to move around. Now that I think about it, they were all significantly less crowded than actual dance parties that you'd witness at a club.

You were mis-informed
My sources are solid

Communicore

They played like, 3 Rihanna songs in a row. I guess they couldn't pick any other jams. They also played the Livin' la Vida Loca Disney version.

Kman101

Went to the MK this morning (was in the area yesterday to hit Universal and activate my annual pass; renewed my Disney one too, but that was renewed for me) and it was just another day to me. Last year was an actual event. This just seemed like some banners thrown up and maybe some extended character greets. Nothing like what it was. Crowds were manageable. I wasn't impressed. I should of planned to go to Anaheim for theirs. Theirs reminds me of ours from last year, which is funny because last year I thought Anaheim was lacking and the MK had more to offer. There was just an energy in the park last year that wasn't there this time. IMO. Lack of effort was quite obvious to me. I don't see what anyone is going to be doing in the late hours besides listening to too loud of music and I guess they can sing along to Frozen. Yay?

Sped2424

This year's event was beyond lame. They put 0 effort into well just about everything. Last year there were special character meet and greets, more special merchandise, actual events going on everywhere. This year there was a dj in front of the castle and in adventureland. And it felt like any other day at the Magic Kingdom. Not to mention the mini frozen pre parade was one of the biggest jokes I have ever seen. All I gotta say is Disneyland was the place to be this year for the 24 hour day.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Ticketing is its own system and is the same system that existed pre-MM+, just want to be fair on when to call it out.

So ticketing is in no way linked to Magic Bands or MDE ? Seems like it would have to be to work...

*1023*

Nmoody1

It was pretty shocking. Kind of had the feeling that Disneyland was doing it and so Orlando had to... But they didn't really want to so made no effort.

I saw the Disney Infinity chalk drawing and thought that this kind of event should be where the whole company showcases their offerings - ie a Disney infinity lounge where you play games, maybe more of that Disney channel club chill thing (girls were going crazy over boys who didn't want to be there be would have been way more pleased with attention from other boys!) and for the studios to showcase things, give out posters - SOMETHING!!!! Even if a meet be greet is impossible, a random gathering of characters at the station or on the stage would have been good.

I don't care for Disney cupcakes... Don't tell anyone at celebration place that! I also don't care for the new crowd control procedures around the new hub (that's a different story but amplified yesterday) and I don't care for 24 hours of Disney cash grab with them making hardly any effort other than a t shirt and a cupcake.

Kman101

I agree. They really shouldn't bother next year if this is what they offer. It did seem like Disneyland was doing it so then WDW was forced to do it so they put in as little effort as possible. I was looking over the times guide and just laughed at the "special offerings" highlights. Dance parties and Frozen sing-along, which you can already do at another park. Oh, and of course the cupcake is featured. Zzzzz. Once again, the party says it all about WDW's management: why bother when people come anyway.

And it seemed like they shut down a lot more attractions at earlier times than the years before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom