How to manage point tranfers

Parrain

Original Poster
Hi, we are on a points waiting list for the Grand Flo, and my Brother in law is a DVC member. We spoke about combining points for family get togethers, but he has never transferred points before... has anyone done this? If he and I own at different DVC resorts, does it matter? for example; if I own at GF and he is at BLT, and I transfer points into his account, can he use them to supplement a reservation 11 months out at BLT? Or does Disney say "No, those are GF points!".

Parrain

Original Poster
Sorry, but they can only be used at the 7 month mark.
Thanks for the quick reply! Oh well, They just bought 400 at Grand Flo and we are on a waiting list for 260 but it is not looking good for the home team! We were considering buying somewhere else and transferring points into their account to up a 1 br to a 2br, but if it will mess up their advanced planning, it may be a mistake!

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
You are on a waiting list for VGF points? Why? Specific use year? Buying resale waiting on ROFR? I know people report that the resort is "sold out", but that isn't technically true. They still have thousands of points available.

Parrain

Original Poster
You are on a waiting list for VGF points? Why? Specific use year? Buying resale waiting on ROFR? I know people report that the resort is "sold out", but that isn't technically true. They still have thousands of points available.
DVC told us they are sold out! We tried to purchase last month but it was too late. It may be because we specifically requested October points, because that is what my Brother in law has, and we need our points to mesh as easily as possible. My GodChild and I plan to spend a lot of time together there! But if I can get a different month, it shouldn't matter, right? As long as the points enter my account before the reservation, we should be okay. And I can always borrow. ..

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
It is possible that they had insufficient October Use Year points, but I still find that highly suspect. Are you talking specifically to your brother's guide? Anywho, even if you get November Use Year, as long you are using it for a reservation after the points are in both of your accounts, it shouldn't matter. It would only matter if you would be trying to create a reservation during October, which would be before yours are in your account. Then your points would not be available yet, though you are correct that you could probably borrow them, and then transfer to his account. Good luck!

Parrain

Original Poster
It is possible that they had insufficient October Use Year points, but I still find that highly suspect. Are you talking specifically to your brother's guide? Anywho, even if you get November Use Year, as long you are using it for a reservation after the points are in both of your accounts, it shouldn't matter. It would only matter if you would be trying to create a reservation during October, which would be before yours are in your account. Then your points would not be available yet, though you are correct that you could probably borrow them, and then transfer to his account. Good luck!
Thanks, I will have to call our DVC Castmember/salesman back because I have a lot of questions. I appreciate your help!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom