Scooter question

princessmommy

Original Poster
i know I know... Dreaded scooters.
My parents are joining us this summer for their first trip since MK opened (they think it's still all one park).
My dad will be using a scooter. Where do you park these in the room?
We are staying at AKL, should I request them a king bed room? Or will a two queen room be fine. Will the scooter fit between beds or between the unused bed and the wall?

G00fyDad

Untitled.jpg

epcotisbest

Several scooters in the hallway at AKL Kidani our last stay. Seemed odd to me, but I can see how they would take up lots of room inside too. I wonder if there is an official policy and if so, how would it be enforced, or perhaps simply communicated to guests?

Chezman1399

Learned on a recent trip that some scooters are too big to make it through the doors in the hotels and likewise there are some rooms that have doors that are slightly smaller due to location/age. The scooter company we rented from suggested we notify the front desk about the scooter to ensure we had a room where the scooter would fit through the door.

bethymouse

Hmmm.... when we stayed at All Star Music Family Suites, 2 scooters were able to fit in the room ( Mom & Dad's). I guess due to the larger room. Oh dear, I hope my Mom's fits in the Grand Floridian room. Yikes!:eek:

BJones82

Hmmm.... when we stayed at All Star Music Family Suites, 2 scooters were able to fit in the room ( Mom & Dad's). I guess due to the larger room. Oh dear, I hope my Mom's fits in the Grand Floridian room. Yikes!:eek:

I'm sure if you tell them you have two scooters they will be able to help you figure out what to do, I've never stayed in GF but in my experience working at hotels for a few years as a front desk manager/supervisor generally Accessible rooms had more room for this exact reason so maybe requesting that would be a good option?

bethymouse

I'm sure if you tell them you have two scooters they will be able to help you figure out what to do, I've never stayed in GF but in my experience working at hotels for a few years as a front desk manager/supervisor generally Accessible rooms had more room for this exact reason so maybe requesting that would be a good option?
I have asked for a handicapped accessible room, but sadly none were available. The GF has 900 rooms, yet only 31 handicapped rooms!:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom