Do you think anything will be done in Tomorrowland to reflect the movie?

neoian

Updated trash cans are the only thing confirmed at the moment. I can see them adopting the logo from the movie.

Attachments

• Tomorrowland-Trash-Cans-Brad-Bird.jpg
    Tomorrowland-Trash-Cans-Brad-Bird.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 88

Soarin2u

It wouldn't shock me if they did. It really, really, really, really hints to it.

I like the "green" look of the world , seems very clean and might address the need to be careful with out planet. Then again, I grew up with the current Tommorrowland and so has everyone else, it is very special to me. It will be greatly missed if it happens but I honestly believe they could do some really neat things with the stuff they showed in that movie. However, I will demand that no ride shall be perished! (Expect the speedway)

blueboxdoctor

Well, it has George Clooney so people will obviously see it so I can't imagine bad box office numbers. Reviews seem to be on the good side from what I've seen. While I like the retro theme of the section of the park, I think they can update it while maintaining that underlying theme. Since the movie takes place in its own world, they can incorporate parts of that world without abandoning what people like about that section of Magic Kingdom.

bethymouse

Well... there's also the cartoon dedicated to Tomorrowland on the Disney channel. It focuses a lot on the TTA. With all of this Tomorrowland talk, you'd think they'd do something, especially with the speedway, and a newer look to reflect the years to come......2055...;)

Cmdr_Crimson

Well... there's also the cartoon dedicated to Tomorrowland on the Disney channel. It focuses a lot on the TTA. With all of this Tomorrowland talk, you'd think they'd do something, especially with the speedway, and a newer look to reflect the years to come......2055...;)

I'd rather not have Miles From Tomorrowland Narrating on the TTA...I would be very unpleased...

ItlngrlBella

I hope so. I just saw the movie with our 9 year old daughter (who LOVED it), and she asked me in the car ride home, "Why doesn't Tomorrowland look like the one in the movie?"

Me: Well, Tomorrowland hasn't caught up to the movie version yet.

Daughter: Well Mom, in the movie, they said that the world needs dreamers and people with new ideas. Why don't they find people who have new ideas and make it look like the movie?

Out of the mouths of babes.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Daughter: Well Mom, in the movie, they said that the world needs dreamers and people with new ideas. Why don't they find people who have new ideas and make it look like the movie?

That would be called The Oriental Land Company...Where they can make Molehills into Mountains of Pure fantasy...It's a shame they never hire to theme anything in the US Disney Parks...
tokyo-Disneyland.jpg

JohnD

Reviews are very mixed for Tomorrowland. I personally hope it does well and I am looking forward to seeing it. Right now its 48% positive with critics and 68% positive with audiences. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/tomorrowland_2015/

"Ambitious and visually stunning, Tomorrowland is unfortunately weighted down by uneven storytelling."

Saw the movie. A good ride for the first 3/4. The ending was "meh."

Not sure what they would do. SpaM is already aluded to in the movie. What else is there? The Jules Verne rocket ship? They already go with the retro future look now and that can be seen in Astro Orbiters. But I do agree that TL. needs help. It is the area of MK that holds the least interest for me, except for SpaM and PM.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom