Using Disney visa

sring

Just a reminder, if you pay off your non-promotional balance each month, you are not charged interest on the new charges for that month @Disnee4Me. So in your example if you have no outstanding charges at the beginning of the billing cycle, and you charge $1000 for your Disney vacation and $500 in other purchases (Gas, Groceries, etc), you get 6 months no interest on the Disney vacation and no interest on the $500 for the current billing cycle.

If however you had a balance coming forward, (other than the Disney vacation on promo) you would get the $1000 for 6 months with no interest but you would pay interest on the $500 in other purchases.

Upvote 0

WDWDreamer4

I had someone suggest to take the vacation balance (say $1000 in this case) and subtract it from your current card balance (say $2000 in this case). So if you would make a payment of $1000 at the end of the cycle you would not have any interest charges because you receive the 6 month 0% on the vacation and you have paid off your purchase balance.
I use the 6 month to pay off the vacation balance by splitting the cost out by 6. This helps us spread the cost out over that time to pay it off.

Upvote 0

RKSteel

Yeah I was not charged interest for room only either. Also when I purchased tickets for special events though Disney, or annual passes I was not charged interest in those either for 6 months. I now also buy dining plans by themselves when we stay on points now that we are DVC members and I don't pay interest on that either for 6 months. So that is odd you would have paid interest for a room only as we have done it several times even this year when we added a cash stay to our DVC stay seperately. No interest for a full 6 months. :)
I only booked the room through Disney, purchased my tickets from UT, so it might not have been classified a package.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I only booked the room through Disney, purchased my tickets from UT, so it might not have been classified a package.
No I was giving examples of seperate charges over the years. I have done a room only with nothing added several times before so no you should not have been charged interest on a room only.
So that is odd you paid interest on the room only it still falls under the charges you can get interest free on. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RKSteel

No I was giving examples of seperate charges over the years. I have done a room only with nothing added several times before so no you should not have been charged interest on a room only. Like I mentioned I have even bought like MNSSHP or MVMCP tickets which had nothing to do with a room as we did not charge anything about a room to the card and still we get 6 months interest free even for the party ticktets or other reservation items. We don't even pay interest on the dining you have to pre pay for like CRT or HOOP DE DOO charges etc.
So that is odd you paid interest on the room only it still falls under the charges you can get interest free on. :)
Thanks. Knew I should have called about it. :banghead:

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I'm really hoping nothing has changed recently, as I just charged the dining plan for our trip next month. Keeping my fingers crossed for 6 months of no interest!! :cat:
Being you charged the dining plan you should be good to go. You can call
And ask them if you want to be sure. Call the number in the back of your card. They will be able to tell you what that charge falls under. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom