The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We're watching the Lucille Ball special and my daughter says, "Why aren't there more shows like this on tv?"

Some of the things your daughter has said over the years are precious. She is a really sweet soul. I'll also never forget the "plussing" she did for the (donated) Christmas kitchen items gift for an elderly person in need. You're raising a wonderful daughter. Wish more were like her. :)

betty rose

Howdy! Actually, my first day down there, I bought a disposable Kodak (film) camera, at the International Gateway entrance in Epcot. It was basically a piece of junk, but whatever. Both the CM and I were trying to figure out what the film speed was, and she finally found a tiny 800 on the box; I haven't a clue what that means, but it was the only camera they had. I attempted to take 27 pictures (oh, the flash didn't work either . . .) and if any of them actually come out, it will be nothing short of a miracle. :( But it gets even more interesting--

I had it in my carry-on bag, and I put the bag into a bin, for the TSA screening at the Orlando airport last night. So, I push the bin through those "car wash flap" things for the screener to scan, while I walk over to the "people" security xray machine. Now, out of the corner of my eye, I see a sign that indicates that film below 800 should not be damaged by the xray machine, and if you want, you can ask for a manual inspection of your bag, instead of putting it through the machine! Um . . . my bag was ALREADY IN THERE being scanned. DO YOU THINK they could have put this stupid sign BEFORE you put your tray into the machine??!!! :eek: :banghead:

Hence, I haven't a clue if any of this will develop at all. We have a photo shop not far from where I live, and I'll take it to them--to see if there's any possibility of it getting developed--either on paper or on a cd, which I guess is better.
I hope you get your pictures. It's frustrating, when pictures don't come out the way you wanted. That happened a lot in the "old" days before digital camera's

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I tend to agree, strongly. TSA it all depends on the team. Some are great, Chicago-Midway fantastic. Chicago-Ohare not so much. Orlando a toss up depending on the team. Disney is the same thing. Depending on who the heck you are dealing with. I've had enough issues at WDW and our initial MDE Magic Bands linking park tickets was worse than any TSA experience we've ever had.

Me<------I'm not trusting Disney Magical Express CMs to truck over to baggage claim and find my bags. I'd go get them and take them with me to the bus and have them in hand when I arrive at the hotel, the plus of having to fetch them. Them not sending the yellow tags kinda shows me Disney is off their game at times.

I also agree with the the apple and oranges thing. Governmental Employees vs Private Sector especially when dealing with National Security hard to compare. As much as I wonder about TSA Security I really cannot rave about the Security Bag Check entering the Parks. Sure they might find a weapon in your back pack but what if you have a weapon on your person, I'd give that to TSA over Disney.

Agree. I found the bag check at WDW to be completely inconsistent. Some checkers would look for 3 seconds, some for maybe 8, and only one really checked every zippered compartment in my small bag (it has 7 sections). For the life of me, I couldn't figure it out.

However, I have read, though the years, that they have found some weapons which they confiscated. I don't think the intent of the guest(s) was intentionally dangerous or wrong (a person who normally carries a small firearm and is licensed and all), but I also can't imagine why a guest would just "assume" it's alright to bring in a weapon to a park, (unless they are law enforcement, only).

In conclusion, I'm somewhat conflicted about the whole bag check thing. I suppose maybe it's more of an insurance thing, where if they show they're at least trying to make things safer, they are more likely to be protected from law suits if something bad happened.

Goofyernmost

So Kelly and Michael start talking turkey legs. A CM runs a few minutes later up Main Street with two turkey legs.

Kelly gives hers to Gelman while commenting Never has turkey smelled so much like Bacon.

Michael takes a bite and adds it tastes like Chicken.

CM quickly pipes in with That's because They are smoked. Lol. Let the discussions start again Are turkey legs really turkey or pork. View attachment 93856
They are Turkey. Freakishly large turkeys, but turkeys none the less. They actually taste and look like ham because they use the same smoking (curing) process that is used to give you your Easter ham. That gives them a much longer shelf life and are less inclined to be bothered by the heat of the Florida sun, bacteria wise! I don't, off the top of my head, remember how that is done, but, I think it is a combination of salt and smoke preservation.

Cesar R M

He does have a good team behind him and he has pointed them out many times. He also points out when he disagrees the National Weather Center's forecasts and he is usually right. I think he does a great job. But my real point was that he actually makes the weather entertaining.

For years in the New Orleans area the most trusted weatherman was Nash Roberts. Even after he retired if there was a hurricane he would come out of retirement with his map marker board, markers, and magnets. I don't know how he did it but he always accurately predicted the paths hurricanes would take even when everyone else got it wrong. http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2010/12/wwl-tv_meteorologist_nash_robe.html
View attachment 93839
he sold his soul to the devil so he could predict with staggering accuracy? ;)

*edit*
yikes, I didnt know he had passed away. so bad joke.

Cesar R M

Hi everybody! I'm back from the Land of the Mouse! Missed you guys!

Eventually, I'll go back and read all the posts since last Saturday. But for now, here's a few comments about my trip; I'll log back on later this morning to catch up.

I had no ADRs, no Fastpass Plus, no Magic Band (I used the plastic ticket instead), and no EMH at AM or PM. (I was at the Swan, so I could have used EMH, but just chose not to.)

Somehow, I still managed to have a great time! I think it's important to point that out; guests like myself prefer to just wing it, while others plan. Either method is fine, depending upon your own particular preferences.

Here's some STAND-BY wait times I had over the past 5 days (please note these are all at random days & times across the parks), and again I really didn't need any Fastpass Plus:

Big Thunder (posted: 30, actual 25)
Kilimanjaro Safaris (posted: 30, actual 30)
Expedition Everest (posted 20, actual 15) Single Rider (when open) 2 minutes
Test Track (posted: 30, actual 20)
Space Mountain (was either 101, or was under renovations--not sure)
Splash (posted 70--I didn't bother; not worth it to me)
Haunted Mansion (posted 30, actual 30)
Small World (posted 30, actual 25)
Soarin (posted 30, actual 30)
7 Dwarfs Mine Train (posted: 50, actual 55*) *The only reason I agreed to wait long for this one was because I've never been on 7 Dwarfs Mine Train since it opened. I thought it was a fun ride, but would never wait that long again; in terms of my other favorite coasters, it was probably my least favorite.
welcome back!

also, good to know you're another "anomaly"(for Disney) in terms of planning.
winging it for the win!

Cesar R M

It was my first time this trip, too. I didn't think it was disappointing; I thought it was fun for what it was--more of a "family" coaster, and I thought the side-to-side movements in a few spots were very creative. Still, I far prefer really fast coasters; so although I was glad I tried 7 Dwarfs, I'd only go on it again if it was a short wait.
I'm the opposite lol. thanks to my implant.. I can get vertigo, eye blurring..etc.. if the coaster is too fast or shakes too much. so I prefer well themed "slow"(like thunder mountain) coasters.
or old wood coasters like the old Medusa at Six Flags Mexico (I think this one max speed was like 75Km/h) but it rattled a lot!.

Cesar R M

Howdy! Actually, my first day down there, I bought a disposable Kodak (film) camera, at the International Gateway entrance in Epcot. It was basically a piece of junk, but whatever. Both the CM and I were trying to figure out what the film speed was, and she finally found a tiny 800 on the box; I haven't a clue what that means, but it was the only camera they had. I attempted to take 27 pictures (oh, the flash didn't work either . . .) and if any of them actually come out, it will be nothing short of a miracle. :( But it gets even more interesting--

I had it in my carry-on bag, and I put the bag into a bin, for the TSA screening at the Orlando airport last night. So, I push the bin through those "car wash flap" things for the screener to scan, while I walk over to the "people" security xray machine. Now, out of the corner of my eye, I see a sign that indicates that film below 800 should not be damaged by the xray machine, and if you want, you can ask for a manual inspection of your bag, instead of putting it through the machine! Um . . . my bag was ALREADY IN THERE being scanned. DO YOU THINK they could have put this stupid sign BEFORE you put your tray into the machine??!!! :eek: :banghead:

Hence, I haven't a clue if any of this will develop at all. We have a photo shop not far from where I live, and I'll take it to them--to see if there's any possibility of it getting developed--either on paper or on a cd, which I guess is better.
yikes, talk about a row of bad luck on photos!.

Also, film camera? what year was it?

I would expect to get one of these sub 100 USD cheap digital cameras first.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm so excited! Just one more night of work but this Tuesday at 5pm @MinnieM123 won't be here to chat. :( But I'm happy she is in WDW right now. I hope she is having a blast!

And I'm thinking of you now, while you're gearing up for the 24-hour party! (I came home last night.) I'm amazed you can stay up all night, but I also know you work some very late night shifts, so this will probably be a piece of cake for you. I've never known anyone who has gone to a 24-hour party at WDW, so I'm really curious to hear your impressions. It looks like they have a bunch of special things planned, so enjoy! :joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
And with the final assignment for Spanish turned in, I am officially done with this semester!

2cat-dance.gif

Hip, Hip, Hooray!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for the belated hip, hip, but my excuse was that I was down at WDW. So happy to hear (after the fact) that you are done with the semester, so now it's time for siesta?!! :cat:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
World according to Walter. Hey you washed me woman.

View attachment 93442

Then, well my bandana is a consolation prize.
View attachment 93441

Ha ha ha!! Love the Waltie pix!! :happy: :happy: He looks so clean and pretty!! Oh, Jack was ecstatic when I opened the front door last night. He was running up and down the hallway, and up and down the steps. Took his toys and flung them around. Then he ran around some more and would skid and crash into the wall. That was his way of saying welcome home! :p

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Here are a few more from our half day at DHS. Waiting for Fantasmic right now. Then have a toy story mania fast pass if we can make it in time.

View attachment 93473 View attachment 93474 View attachment 93475 View attachment 93476

I love Tower of Terror. I only had a 30-minute stand-by line late Sunday morning. That ride is a blast! I missed the Star Wars parade/motorcade on Sunday, due to a rain storm. People were waiting outside for the parade in the rain (I got drenched, but didn't mind because it was so hot outside), for a good 20 minutes after it was supposed to start, and then they announced it would be cancelled due to the rain. Boo. :(

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Ha! You had me hooked into the story with the wording, 'I was told all my life that our family came from Germany. Many secrets have died with both of my Grandmothers. You'd ask and get, who wants to know, why are you asking, who taught you ask questions that are not your concern. Wonder what they would have done if there was an internet back then.

Quite a few years ago, my sister had a cassette tape recorder, and she recorded some of my grandmother's recollections of growing up in Ireland. That was a smart thing to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom