The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So Kelly and Michael start talking turkey legs. A CM runs a few minutes later up Main Street with two turkey legs.

Kelly gives hers to Gelman while commenting Never has turkey smelled so much like Bacon.

Michael takes a bite and adds it tastes like Chicken.

CM quickly pipes in with That's because They are smoked. Lol. Let the discussions start again Are turkey legs really turkey or pork. image.jpg

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
And well Mariah Carey is on now. We are at Disneyland....the dress well they should have used some of that excess material down the back of her dress to make a front for the top of her dress. :eek::jawdrop::rolleyes::oops::joyfull: Know your audience woman!:confused:

Wonder if she was Ms Nobody if they would have stopped her coming in? :hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Wow! What a surprise, I hope you have a lot of fun! Is this a solo trip then? If you are able to find a disposable camera with film, when you get it developed the developer can put the pictures on a CD for you, it might cost a couple bucks more, but it will be easier to load into your computer. Anyway, have a great time and I look forward to hearing about your trip!

Howdy! Actually, my first day down there, I bought a disposable Kodak (film) camera, at the International Gateway entrance in Epcot. It was basically a piece of junk, but whatever. Both the CM and I were trying to figure out what the film speed was, and she finally found a tiny 800 on the box; I haven't a clue what that means, but it was the only camera they had. I attempted to take 27 pictures (oh, the flash didn't work either . . .) and if any of them actually come out, it will be nothing short of a miracle. :( But it gets even more interesting--

I had it in my carry-on bag, and I put the bag into a bin, for the TSA screening at the Orlando airport last night. So, I push the bin through those "car wash flap" things for the screener to scan, while I walk over to the "people" security xray machine. Now, out of the corner of my eye, I see a sign that indicates that film below 800 should not be damaged by the xray machine, and if you want, you can ask for a manual inspection of your bag, instead of putting it through the machine! Um . . . my bag was ALREADY IN THERE being scanned. DO YOU THINK they could have put this stupid sign BEFORE you put your tray into the machine??!!! :eek: :banghead:

Hence, I haven't a clue if any of this will develop at all. We have a photo shop not far from where I live, and I'll take it to them--to see if there's any possibility of it getting developed--either on paper or on a cd, which I guess is better.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My family rode the Mine Train (we missed out by a week last year), said it was quick and disappointing.

It was my first time this trip, too. I didn't think it was disappointing; I thought it was fun for what it was--more of a "family" coaster, and I thought the side-to-side movements in a few spots were very creative. Still, I far prefer really fast coasters; so although I was glad I tried 7 Dwarfs, I'd only go on it again if it was a short wait.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I haven't been to a Barnes and Noble in a long time. I got a gift card a couple years ago that I haven't used but since I have a Kindle and my book collection is huge, why buy more real books. So anyway, I was like maybe I'll buy movies or cds but they don't anymore. They replaced it. They went all Toys'r'us on it.

For the record....they have movies but the amount of movies they have....you can count with two hands. They have more vinyls than movies and no cds.

I also really think customer service is dead.

There's one in my general area, and I think it's still pretty good. They're just responding to the "market" for certain items, and I guess sales of cds and videos are down from previous years. (My store still has a fairly decent section, but I question how long that will last.) At least the store associates are friendly and helpful (at least at my store).

As you know, you can use your gift card online--they have tons of things you can get online, if you can't find in your local store.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@MinnieM123 would LOVE this one...!!! :hilarious:

Yes! I loved the snow picture!!! WOO HOO!!! You see, the one thing I absolutely hated about my trip to WDW over the past few days was the darn HEAT! It wasn't too bad in the morning or after 7 PM. However, starting about 1:00 p.m. every day, the sun and temperature were brutal. I had to escape indoors every afternoon (for a few hours, and then go out again) so that I wouldn't pass out. When I just saw @MOXOMUMD 's lovely snow picture, I said "Ahhh . . . " :happy:. Also the temp. here at home today is around 68. Very nice! :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I think so because the line is long all day. Even late at night, it doesn't settle down. At 1 am last January, it was a 45 minute wait.

That's why, completely at a random time (maybe 3:00 one afternoon) it was posted at 50 minutes. I figured I'd not be able to get a better time (I had seen it at 90 mins. some hours prior), so I opted to wait the 50, which was actually 55, but whatever. Now that I've been on 7 Dwarfs, I wouldn't go out of my way again to ride it; it was fun, but nothing special. The theming was nice, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom