WDW Photographers Gallery (all images welcome)

afb28

16592921953_ae610eef21_z.jpg

Gig 'Em Mickey

Thanks! This was at f22. I'm still a newb and learning, only had my beginner camera for a few months. I thought if I was at f/22 it would be tack sharp through the whole image. But I learned a lot on this trip and didn't really need that. Oh well, it's still came out ok.

afb28

Thanks! This was at f22. I'm still a newb and learning, only had my beginner camera for a few months. I thought if I was at f/22 it would be tack sharp through the whole image. But I learned a lot on this trip and didn't really need that. Oh well, it's still came out ok.
I generally never go beyond f14 since once you get up to 20ish you get diffraction (loss of sharpness). F8 will give you front to back focus in most cases (unless it's like a really close up subject and super far subject all in one frame) so the only time I go up to f14ish is if I want bursts from lights or fireworks since you want to leave the shutter open and not blow out the highlights.

Allen C

Lamplugh Glacier
by Allen Castillo, on Flickr

"Lamplugh Glacier is an 8-mile-long (13 km) glacier located in Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve in the U.S. state of Alaska. It leads north to its 1961 terminus in Johns Hopkins Inlet, 1.4 miles (2.3 km) west of Ptarmigan Creek and 76 miles (122 km) northwest of Hoonah. The glacier was named by Lawrence Martin of the U.S. Geological Survey around 1912 for English geologist George William Lamplugh (1859–1926), who visited Glacier Bay in 1884." Wiki

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom