How old were you when you first visited the Magic Kingdom?

bethymouse

My boys were 3 when we took them. The "spinners" were their favorite rides. One of my sons actually slept through Wishes!;) Now they're 10! So many memories and milestones, especially riding BTMRR and Splash for the 1st time, and being able to drive a car by themselves on the Speedway!:happy:

1977, I was 4. I don't know if the memories are from that for from the next year. I remember 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. But the memory that sticks out was my father taking me back to the Haunted Mansion. The ride had broke down while we were in line. The cast member knelt down to explain to a heartbroken kid that the ghosts had escaped and once they were caught it would open again.

awheartsdw

It was 1985, I was 8 going on 9. I have a picture of me standing just outside the main entrance of MK wearing a hideous 80's style t-shirt and bright red shorts, carrying a Gear handbag-it was made of rubber and every girl from Long Island had one! I had a look of annoyance on my face as if to express "stop taking my picture and just let me go in already"-my DH will say I still make the same face today!

Tink28

I was 30, didn't know much about WDW and had no idea what it was going to be like but with my first look at Cinderella Castle I knew I would be back, though never in my dreams did I imagine I would visit so many times from the UK, 10th visit coming up in November!

Best memory of that trip dancing with Dale on main street

Soarin2u

DL when I was 4 1/2 in 2002. I remember being with my Aunt (we called her Barbie for short) who got discounts for working as an author for Disney. I remember very, very little but I do recall riding Alice in Wonderland, and Mr. Toads Wild Ride with Barbie. Having spent an entire day with her at DL then made it really confusing when I went to WDW the year after, a time when I didn't understand the difference between the parks. I had gotten upset because I really wanted to be with my aunt. However, I finally got to meet Mary Poppins, where I cried. :happy:

Daddymouse

Christmas time 1971, I was ten. My mother threw away the ride coupons she kept from that trip 12 years ago. She always thought that she could use them in the future. We will be taking our Son, Daughter in law, and two grandchildren this next trip. Our DIL will be 28 for her first time. Right now she thinks we are nuts about how much we prepare and plan.

tonganprince

1990 - I was 18

My parents were too cheap to take my sister and I. I went with my best friends and didn't appreciate it until I went with my wife (then girlfriend) and her sisters family in 96 and fell in love.

KRW101

I was 11. My Dad took my 16yo brother and I to Florida to visit family. We stopped off for a day trip to MK. My brother who was way too cool for kids stuff refused to go in. My dad who was a no nonsense man said "ok fine". So my brother sat in the car in the parking lot all day, luckily it was December.I have fond memories of a muddy footed pirate and riding Space Mountain with my dad and cousin. Sadly my brother passed away 4 years after that. I always think about him when we park at MK.

copcarguyp71

August 1977...age 6

DisneyAug1977073_zps45aa24d9.jpg

Stayed at The Dutch Inn offsite....I believe that is now The Grosvenor

Last edited:

Courtney6682

1987 I was 5...I don't remember anything ...I was told that I fell asleep during Captain E.O...and that my grandpa lost his camera...that's all I ''remember''

LizaMarie89

I think I was 9 - My little sister was 4 and we went to WDW right before Christmas and came home on Christmas eve. Stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and my grandparents were with us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom