April/May or September/October 2016?

tbonestl

My family is getting ready to plan another trip to WDW! We go every other year. This is our 4th visit as a family! We have almost always gone in late April or early May. Always had great luck with the weather. We were debating to try late September or early October this time. I always due plenty of planning and research before i go. With all the construction and closures going on right now im debating whether to wait until next fall. I've always been nervous about the weather in early October though. I am wondering if there is any information on when most of the Downtown Disney construction will be finished. I also was trying to figure out when the soarin' and toy story ride expansions may be finished. I know the new hub and frozen rides will both be finished before next april/may. I appreciate any help or suggestions in advance!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Fall is me and DH's fave time to visit for many reasons. Anytime Oct-Mid Dec is usually the time we visit. This year we will be there 10/13-10/26 and can't wait! You have better weather, Food & Wine Fest, MNSSHP, or MVMCP (if after first week of Nov), and lower crowds. :)

Upvote 0

Flyersgirl17

We went for the first time to WDW October 1-8 last year and it was GREAT!!!!! It was still hot (a little too hot) for the water rides and we enjoyed all the fall/halloween decorations. The MNSSHP was a blast!!! The Food and Wine festival at epcot was amazing. And the crowds were not terrible at all. I think the longest we waited for any ride was Toy Story Mania and that was 40 minutes which wasn't bad

Upvote 0

tbonestl

Original Poster
Thanks for the input! I haven't really paid attention. Does Disney usually offer the room discounts like they do in the spring for the fall? We always take advantage of the spring room discounts! I like to book as soon as the discounts come out! My wife was worried about early October because of Hurricane season. I have been reading, it sounds like most people usually have pretty good experiences in early October. I was kind of hoping more things would be open from construction by October of 2016 than in April. I'm not sure if that really would be the case. Late April/early May seems to be a pretty good time for ride closures. I have had very few in my visits during that time.

Upvote 0

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Thanks for the input! I haven't really paid attention. Does Disney usually offer the room discounts like they do in the spring for the fall? We always take advantage of the spring room discounts! I like to book as soon as the discounts come out! My wife was worried about early October because of Hurricane season. I have been reading, it sounds like most people usually have pretty good experiences in early October. I was kind of hoping more things would be open from construction by October of 2016 than in April. I'm not sure if that really would be the case. Late April/early May seems to be a pretty good time for ride closures. I have had very few in my visits during that time.
Your very welcome!
Yes they usually have a room discount that will come out sometime in the spring/summer for the fall.
So if you are going in 2016 the early fall room discount will probably come out in the spring for early fall that includes Sept. Then the late fall offer that includes Oct will come out late July/August. :)

Upvote 0

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
Fall is definitely the better time. As most people have already said, you have the Food and Wine Festival as well as the Halloween Party. You shouldn't worry so much about the weather because you will never know what it's going to be like. I wouldn't want to visit Disney at any other time of the year besides the fall.

Upvote 0

maelstrom98

Piggybacking off of this post - I was also considering October 2016 and am glad to see that so many of you are recommending it. That said - is the free dining typically offered for all of October, or select dates? I checked for this year to compare and noticed that most of October was excluded, but I wasn't sure if it was actually excluded, or if rooms for those dates were already sold out.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Piggybacking off of this post - I was also considering October 2016 and am glad to see that so many of you are recommending it. That said - is the free dining typically offered for all of October, or select dates? I checked for this year to compare and noticed that most of October was excluded, but I wasn't sure if it was actually excluded, or if rooms for those dates were already sold out.
Over the past couple years, more and more dates in October are being excluded from free dining. Check the actual promotion dates for this October (the dates won't change even though rooms might already be booked). It will give you an idea about next year.

Upvote 0

FrostyNaples

One of the many subjective topics here, best time to go?

I would say which ever works best for the family, and what theme your interested in.

October presents Halloween/fall decor and MNSSHP - be sure to know what dates those are, and if your not attending that MK will close early on those days.

We went mid Oct 2014, lucked out on weather, it rained on either side of our trip but not during. Weather is always a gamble no matter what time of year you attend; heat waves, cold fronts, rain, tropical storms, etc. WDW weather has it all, and hopefully when you go you can make the best of whatever the situation.

We also just went this past first week of May 2015. Had unseasonable hot weather, however enjoyed the Epcot flower festival.

So in either case, the choice is yours! :cool:

Upvote 0

jloucks

My family is getting ready to plan another trip to WDW! We go every other year. This is our 4th visit as a family! We have almost always gone in late April or early May. Always had great luck with the weather. We were debating to try late September or early October this time. I always due plenty of planning and research before i go. With all the construction and closures going on right now im debating whether to wait until next fall. I've always been nervous about the weather in early October though. I am wondering if there is any information on when most of the Downtown Disney construction will be finished. I also was trying to figure out when the soarin' and toy story ride expansions may be finished. I know the new hub and frozen rides will both be finished before next april/may. I appreciate any help or suggestions in advance!

We went last October and had a pretty good time. Crowds were much higher than expected, but still workable. The temp plummeted Thursday of our trip into the 50's (Oct 30, 2014) and we had to buy mickey sweats, but no surprise expenditures other than that. The time before that (2012) we went in may, and the crowds were the lowest I have ever seen, but still moderately crowded.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom