Please help me plan my DLP trip!

Progress.City

Original Poster
I'm an American who will be staying in Israel beginning July 1 for at least six months, on a dual citizenship visa. I'm not sure exactly what travel restrictions (if any) I will have to abide by, but I plan on taking advantage of cheap airfare rates to Europe to go sightseeing. This includes, without any hesitation, Disneyland Paris.

A quick scan of prices on airfare shows December to have the cheapest rates to Paris from Tel Aviv for just $131 round trip. So, first thing I need to do is find out if and when I would I could travel outside the country under the visa they already have me. If there's no restriction, I will book my flights for December.

I'm assuming I will need two days to see both parks. Is that correct? Do they have two day park hopper tickets? What is the standard price (in Euros) for 2-day park hopper tickets? Is there a way to get discounts on tickets that you know about? Any advice on hotels?

Since this is close to the release of the Force Awakens, does anyone know if DLP is doing something special for its release?

Since London, Brussels, and Amsterdam are only a train ride away, I'll try to plan to go to those cities too during that trip. Any advise on hotels, trains, food, night life, and other attractions is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Progress.City

Original Poster
Here's a good link for all kinds of ticket info with pricing:

http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/booking/park-tickets/
So, that's 115 Euros for a 2 day park hopper. That converts to $150 dollars. I wonder if I can save a few bucks by playing with the fluctuations in exchange rates between the USD, Euro, and the Israeli shekel. I'll have an Israeli bank account. So, if I buy my ticket online, shekels will be converted to Euros. Or I can buy the ticket online now with USD. Or I can either convert shekels to Euros or USD to Euros and just buy it there with Euro cash. So many options... Lol

Progress.City

Original Poster
Here's a good link for all kinds of ticket info with pricing:

http://www.dlpguide.com/planning/booking/park-tickets/
My bad. I was using British pounds. A 2-day park hopper is 139 Euros. That converts to $125 dollars.

EDIT - 139 Euros converts to 598 shekels.
598 shekels converts to $155.

Since 139 Euros converts to $125 dollars, I will save $25 if I buy the tickets directly with US dollars! Wow, that's a pretty significant savings!

Since I'll also go to London, I wonder if it's worth playing with the pound as well...

Last edited:

peep

Ha, currency conversion fun!

2 days should be enough, unless it's busy then you might require a third day (really depends on how much you want to see/do etc). December is the busiest season at Paris so I'd recommend at least avoiding weekends.

AndyS2992

Two days at Disneyland Paris is enough, Day one at Disneyland and then day two would be half a day at Walt Disney Studios, an hour at Disney Village shopping/eating and then spend the rest of the day at Disneyland.

I like to do DLP in three days as I like to take my time but on a slow day you can do everything at both parks in one day so depends on what pace you want to go at.

The Empress Lilly

December is cold....
If you are accustomed to American Disney parks you might be forgiven for not appreciating just how much some sunshine improves walking around outside all day long.

Paris is expensive, not necessarily a great base to see Europe from.

See Bruges and Ghent in Belgium instead of Brussels.

HolleBolleGijs

Definitely try to go during the week in December; weekends get super crowded, especially once the school holidays start. It will be cold, but bundle up and take advantage of inside spots like the arcades along Main Street!

pumpkin7

How busy are the parks in October and November? Do they do a Halloween overlay or a Christmas one? I can't imagine they do that much.

HolleBolleGijs

How busy are the parks in October and November? Do they do a Halloween overlay or a Christmas one? I can't imagine they do that much.

The weekends can get pretty crowded, but more so during the school holidays (late october/early november), but it's not too crazy.

Halloween is the whole month of October, and I was really impressed with it last year! They had a "cavalcade" (aka a mini-parade in addition to their regular daily parade), Jack and Sally M&G, and a special villain M&G (which was a madhouse). They also had this stellar briar patch shaped like a dragon behind the castle. There is no regular party like at WDW, but there is a ticketed event in Parc Disneyland on Halloween night.

Christmas starts early/mid-November, and there's a special parade that replaces the daily parade. There is also a special version of Disney Dreams, and a few other things like the tree lighting and a Santa M&G (although that area's been Frozenized for the summer). The Anna and Elsa M&G was specifically for Christmas, but I don't know what's going to happen with that. Small World does get an overlay!

I have no idea how this compares to the US parks, as I've never been during the holidays, but I was impressed with the decor and the programming. What I listed are just the most popular parts, and there's always more to discover!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom