The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

Skippy

Isn't that good? Matterhorn opens the day the Diamond Celebration begins.
Not for someone going the week before. ;)
I've had weeks to manage expectations with it being open one day and PPF being closed. Throwing a wrench into plans a week away is disappointing. I'll be back later during the celebration so it's not a major issue, I just wish I had known sooner.

PS. I think they need to call it Prime the Night for the first few weeks if they're running an incomplete version.

Nland316

I'm really confused on how Cinderella and Rapunzel are being incorporated into Belle's unit. I couldn't tell based on that testing video. Anyone who knows care to elaborate?

jrhwdw

I don't, actually. He neglected to tell me. The Frozen float is fully assembled, but has yet to be used, so it may be that.
Is there another float that is almost as talll as Frozen?(we already know Frozen is the tallest.) someone on MC saw something over the Train Station the night of the 4th.

jrhwdw

Not for someone going the week before. ;)
I've had weeks to manage expectations with it being open one day and PPF being closed. Throwing a wrench into plans a week away is disappointing. I'll be back later during the celebration so it's not a major issue, I just wish I had known sooner.

PS. I think they need to call it Prime the Night for the first few weeks if they're running an incomplete version.
What's the foul up? Shipping issues or lack of planning on DL's part(I Hope Not!) Did they wait until Feb to start this because they didn't tell us anything until Jan 28th? Could this be part of the reason we have no Soundsational Mon-Thurs before the 22nd? so they can go full tilt on PTN backstage?
Wonder if DL will pull an 1972 MSEP and finish PTN right before it gets to Small World! LOL!

cjk0318

received_10200446718286381.jpeg
Testing tonight.

Jonathan D.

Anyone know if there doing more than 2 shows of PTN, DLF, or WOC on the 22nd? There's mention of a 3am WOC show in the dining kickoff page on DL's website but nothing in the operating calendar. Just trying to plan out my day. Thanks for any information!! See you there on the 22nd!!

jrhwdw

Anyone know if there doing more than 2 shows of PTN, DLF, or WOC on the 22nd? There's mention of a 3am WOC show in the dining kickoff page on DL's website but nothing in the operating calendar. Just trying to plan out my day. Thanks for any information!! See you there on the 22nd!!
On DL's Canada and Aus. sites, 2 PTNs, 1 DL Forever and 3 WOC-C!s. No Soundsational yet which baffles me.

Last edited:

Figments Friend

Yes, that is new.
When i was there last week i watched for car movement but there seemed to be no activity at all around the Matterhorn.
Nice to hear they have started cycling bobsleds through again.

:)

George Lucas on a Bench

It's lame they don't put Disneyland Paint the Night on the lead float. It's a pet peeve, but they did the same thing with the Main Street Electrical Parade when they called it Disney's Electrical Parade. Stupid Disney Parks!

Supposedly, Haunted Mansion will reopen tomorrow. I won't be able to go until after work in 5pm LA traffic and it will be driving me insane. Can someone post here without spoilers if they reopen at some point tomorrow?

jrhwdw

It's lame they don't put Disneyland Paint the Night on the lead float. It's a pet peeve, but they did the same thing with the Main Street Electrical Parade when they called it Disney's Electrical Parade. Stupid Disney Parks!

Supposedly, Haunted Mansion will reopen tomorrow. I won't be able to go until after work and it will be driving me insane. Can someone post here without spoilers if they reopen at some point tomorrow?
Maybe DL Presents is also on the Drum? Unless PTN has a sponsor. It's just a pic. Too bad there's no Vids. I haven't any test Vids of PTN or Forever from last nignt.

As for New EP, I don't mind that it's on the drum.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom