The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

seahawk7

Hi-resizecrop--.jpg
Hey @StarWarsGirl95!!! We miss you!

StarWarsGirl

Thank you. I needed that.

It's not his fault. I told you more than a year ago that I think he has Alzheimer's or dementia. I suggested to the Boss that she send him a formal letter thanking him for his years of service and advising him of his termination. At least there would be a chance that his wife would read it and comprehend its implications.

I feel bad that he is in his mid-70's and is still needing $$ so badly. These should be his golden years.
That being said, that Brampton site was the last site that I will work with him. As you know, he didn't type deals, couldn't get them signed, would not take them to H.O., and probably cost us a few along the way because he was often confused, drank on the job, and occasionally got argumentative with Purchasers.

Considering that he primarily handed out water and blew up balloons, he earned just under $200/hour. You read that right - per hour!

While my obligation to "carry him" is over, my obligation to be kind never expires.
You seem like you are very understanding of him. I have no doubt that you will be patient.

Dementia/Alzheimers is tough. My grandfather has started with dementia, so I know where you are coming from. He drove himself to the doctor's on a flat tire one time. He doesn't even care about driving (and this was the man who wanted to be a racecar driver). He doesn't recognize his own house. Not sure he even remembers his grandchildren. He has to have a nurse there during the day; he can't be home by himself. This on top of his MS. So sad to lose one's memories. Almost worth than death to just forget your life and your family. And to once be so capeable and just lose it...it's horrible.

StarWarsGirl

Hey @StarWarsGirl95!!! We miss you!
Aww, miss you guys too. With the end of the semester coming, I've just had to seriously restrict my social media activity so I can focus. Facebook is it basically. Every now and then on here (I'm responding to PMs), but just cannot keep up. I'm so ridiculously swamped.

This week:
Rough draft due for a Spanish composition. It involved watching a movie in Spanish made in a Spanish-speaking country. I picked one from Spain that wasn't too bad. No one died like I suspected happened in a lot of the other films. It had a good ending.
Final copy of another Spanish composition due tomorrow. Yes it is finished
Have to record something with a group for next Tuesday. Scheduling has been rough. And one of my group members has almost bailed. Very frustrating.
Presentation for my sales class today.
Watch documentary for a discussion in Spanish class

Next week:
Final on Monday for one of my marketing classes. He gave us the questions ahead of time, which helps, but still.
Last Spanish class on Tuesday. Second school starts finals Wednesday; my school starts Monday. I still have to go to class on Tuesday
Paper due Wednesday for sales class
Group project for Spanish due Tuesday
Final copy of second Spanish essay due Friday
Something for my management class. Supposed to find out what it is tomorrow
Spanish final on Thursday
Take home Spanish quiz. Not sure of the due date; probably Tuesday, maybe Thursday if I'm lucky.

All this on top of the fact that I'm already working more to help other students prepare for their finals in accounting. Thankfully, Monday is my last session until next semester.

So done. So very, very done.

EDIT: Forgot about the chorus concert on Friday

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Those are beautiful! I've never see the last two flowers pictured before.
the last one is very usual, just of a different color.
the usual color is either yellow or pink, not bright purple/red.

from February...
DSC_0666.jpg
the white/light purple variant.

There are also cream color, white, greenish white, red, orange, purple/red and the most rare is the orange on imho.
DSC_0745_DxO.jpg

DSC_0749_DxO.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Ugh! 45 minutes completing G's commission invoicing. He has already phoned me three times!
Dude, cheque gets cut tomorrow, signed on Friday.

I neither cut the cheque, nor sign it. Quit calling!

Then, an hour later he calls again. Very sad really.

He has now been told at least 20 times that there is no position for him going forward.
Every time he calls me, he asks when he and I are going to Bolton!
WE are not. I may not in fact, be going either. But for sure, it will not be he and I!!

Lord, help me stay patient. And kind.

Do you have caller id on your phone display? If you see his # come up, can you just let the phone go into voicemail and ignore his calls? Or, maybe be blunt: tell him you will not accept any more calls from him. Sounds like from what you said, he won't get the "message" until you completely cut him off. It must be annoying trying to deal with this man. (I do feel bad that he has a touch of Alzheimer's, from what you said, however. Still, I guess my point here is that I hope you can find a way to set some sort of boundaries with him, so that he doesn't continue to bother you, regardless of whether he knows, or doesn't know, what he's doing.)

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
You seem like you are very understanding of him. I have no doubt that you will be patient.

Dementia/Alzheimers is tough. My grandfather has started with dementia, so I know where you are coming from. He drove himself to the doctor's on a flat tire one time. He doesn't even care about driving (and this was the man who wanted to be a racecar driver). He doesn't recognize his own house. Not sure he even remembers his grandchildren. He has to have a nurse there during the day; he can't be home by himself. This on top of his MS. So sad to lose one's memories. Almost worth than death to just forget your life and your family. And to once be so capeable and just lose it...it's horrible.

Alzheimer's killed my father. It's horrible.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
So yesterday at work, we had another round of huge meetings, etc., as it was day 3 of 5, of the medical sessions. As anyone else who has worked on all the behind-the-scenes details, it is usually organized chaos. My only saving grace in there is that I've got some wonderful pals working in various departments who have my back. One thing I think you'll find particularly amusing, is that I'm also the person who had to arrange for all the filming/AV/computers/media, etc. :eek: Now, this is all done via our IT group and their online ordering system is confusing at best. As you know, I'm pathetic when it comes to computer-related things, but our IT guys come to my rescue every time, and "fix" all my blunders! :p (P.S.: I snuck into the media engineer's booth yesterday, and left them all a box of cookies. All IT guys love cookies. ;) )

@donaldtoo , our food yesterday was from a northern Italian restaurant, and they brought in awesome pizza. This was not your run of the mill pizza; it had all fresh herbs and cheeses, and Italian meats. There was a nice salad and we had cake, too! :hungry: :joyfull:

seahawk7

If it's a 24 hour event, I'd go with the 9:50 BOG. :)
Yeah that's what I'm thinking my kids will want too. Thanks! So we also have a 630 dinner reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern but now I booked a 1105 Crystal Palace dinner reservation. For sure we are keeping LTT, but I should cancel the Crystal Palace at 1105 right? I mean parades and fireworks are happening besides we won't be hungry right?

seahawk7

So yesterday at work, we had another round of huge meetings, etc., as it was day 3 of 5, of the medical sessions. As anyone else who has worked on all the behind-the-scenes details, it is usually organized chaos. My only saving grace in there is that I've got some wonderful pals working in various departments who have my back. One thing I think you'll find particularly amusing, is that I'm also the person who had to arrange for all the filming/AV/computers/media, etc. :eek: Now, this is all done via our IT group and their online ordering system is confusing at best. As you know, I'm pathetic when it comes to computer-related things, but our IT guys come to my rescue every time, and "fix" all my blunders! :p (P.S.: I snuck into the media engineer's booth yesterday, and left them all a box of cookies. All IT guys love cookies. ;) )

@donaldtoo , our food yesterday was from a northern Italian restaurant, and they brought in awesome pizza. This was not your run of the mill pizza; it had all fresh herbs and cheeses, and Italian meats. There was a nice salad and we had cake, too! :hungry: :joyfull:
Alright! You were wanting good food like @donaldtoo gets and you got it! Go buy some lottery tickets STAT!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Yeah that's what I'm thinking my kids will want too. Thanks! So we also have a 630 dinner reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern but now I booked a 1105 Crystal Palace dinner reservation. For sure we are keeping LTT, but I should cancel the Crystal Palace at 1105 right? I mean parades and fireworks are happening besides we won't be hungry right?

I'm not sure I'm following. You have a BOG at 9:50. If you have a 6:30 at LTT, would you be hungry enough at 9:50 for that dinner reservation as well? I was thinking that if you did LTT at 6:30, you may want to cancel the BOG and go with the 11:05 at Crystal. (Again, this is based on the 24-hour event you're attending.)

It's challenging for me to weigh in on other's ADR's, because I can't even predict for myself (let alone others), what your appetite will tell you, on any given day. (Also, when I'm at WDW, the heat really affects me, so I tend to eat at odd times, and just eat whatever appeals to me at that point.)

Best of luck trying to make all these decisions for you and your children! :)

seahawk7

I'm not sure I'm following. You have a BOG at 9:50. If you have a 6:30 at LTT, would you be hungry enough at 9:50 for that dinner reservation as well? I was thinking that if you did LTT at 6:30, you may want to cancel the BOG and go with the 11:05 at Crystal. (Again, this is based on the 24-hour event you're attending.)

It's challenging for me to weigh in on other's ADR's, because I can't even predict for myself (let alone others), what your appetite will tell you, on any given day. (Also, when I'm at WDW, the heat really affects me, so I tend to eat at odd times, and just eat whatever appeals to me at that point.)

Best of luck trying to make all these decisions for you and your children! :)
Yeah I was kind of confusing. As of now I have a 645 CPbreakfast, 950 BOG breakfast, 630 LTT dinner, then a 1105 CP dinner. The CP reservations were made tonight out of boredom and probably don't make sense.
I think both CP will get cancelled depending on what we want to do as a group, but I was tempted to get rid of the 950 BOG breakfast since you get more at CP because it's a buffet and, like @JenniferS pointed out, fruit is available.
I was curious what you guys thought.
And I won't be offended if I don't get much response from you guys on this since it is a 24 hour event and might be hard to decide like @MinnieM123 said.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom