The Creator Games!: An Imagineering Competition- Discussion Thread

jdmdisney99

Favorite scene in any Disney attraction?

20:30 to 22:50

tumblr_inline_mj5fw5j7qR1qz4rgp.gif

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Writing critiques is a pain. @IDInstitute has now learned this. ;):rolleyes::p
:p;)Yeah...And we have a process probably longer than yours...First we do a basic review-as-we-go type of thing similar to what you did, and then we post that in our judges PM. Then, we all compare our thoughts and combine them into a new paragraph to post for you. So yeah, it can be a pain:p;) But I can't say it isn't fun to read the proposals!:D

RMichael21

Session 2: Operation Rejuvenation
AoI Challenge Reviews

@MCParradox:
Great idea with doing the project with Communicore! You took it to a new level with a much larger renovation, props! We especially like the touch of the Peoplemover and the greenery, clever use of having a ride for some of the kinetics! Once again, love the art, awesome to see you take the time in the 24 hours to produce it! I think you technically exceeded the limit with the captions, but we probably won't hold it against you too much because this is a first time thing with the challenge. Overall, great work again!

@tcool:
The location to me is a bit iffy...It's not like you made a bad choice, it's just that there's already a lot of action and life going on in those areas of DHS already. As far as executing the trolley goes, you did great! THAT'S what I want to see at DHS! :D The only real thing with your project is that we wish you made better use of your sentence allotment and went into more detail and elaborated more, but overall it's definitely something I'd like in that park!

@RMichael21:
You had one of the most interesting locations. As of now, it is probably the best as it is a dull area of the park with promise, but it is likely that it is going to go away soon anyways. In addition, around Christmas time, the Osborne lights really add to the place. Clever ways of integrating kinetics without simply forcing them in. You did it in a very unique way! I like where you were going with the interactive shrubbery and stuff idea, but I really have no idea what you mean :p;) Overall, you gave us what we wanted from this project, great work!

@ctxak98:
You did end up submitting the project past the due date. It wasn't too far past where we won't consider yours, you may still win, but just keep that in mind for the future ;) You aren't alone with loving Dinosaurs! :D Great theme choice, and certainly an area of the park that could use this! However, I don't know if the specific area you chose is popular enough/will be staying much longer. Great use of integrating kinetics into the area with AAs! And the use of pictures gave a nice visual! Overall, really liked where you went with this project!

Great job to all who competed! This is going to be a tough one!​
I don't want to be that guy, but @ctxak98 went way over the sentence limit. ;):p

ctxak98

Session 2: Operation Rejuvenation
AoI Challenge Judgements & Reward

Congratulations! Even though only four of you ended up playing, it was a really tough decision to come up with a winner. However, here are our results:

1. @RMichael21- Loved where you went with this, your brilliant use of kinetics earns you the win!
2. @MCParradox- Loved your concept, however it was a tough decision, and we felt that RM's proposal fit a little better
3. @tcool- You had a nice idea that I really liked, but just a little more detail and explanation could have helped. Great job though!
4. @ctxak98- You had an amazing concept, and this is a tough decision, but you given last place simply came down to it being late and going over the limit. Props for competing anyways though!

So, congratulations to @RMichael21 for being our first AoI Challenge winner! Now, the dying question inside of you...what is my reward???
@RMichael21...you have won the advantage of "The Poison Apple"
tumblr_m3oa80gIyC1qgwefso2_250.gif

What does this do, and how do you use it? It's simple.

You can play this advantage up through session 8. It may be played only for Concept Creation challenges.

When you use it, what it does is cast a disadvantage towards another player or team. This disadvantage will give them some sort of obstacle in the challenge that will make staying alive and winning it harder. You can do this to maybe try to knock out a big threat, or as a security net in case you think you could fall this challenge.

To play it, within the first 12 hours of a Concept Creation challenge, simply say, "I would like to give (-enter player or team name here-) the Poison Apple".

That's it! What you choose to do with this power is up to you, but use it wisely;)
If you have any more questions about usage, just tag me in the discussion.​

congrats @RMichael21 !! I only had time to post when I did so it was worth a shot! Next time!

spacemt354

Chili's
To @MCParradox ...your AoI project was great! Future World, particularly innoventions, is a place that needs a lot of help, and you did a really fine job. I especially liked the incorporation of the peoplemover, because even the innoventions buildings today still have the high ceilings where the peoplemover was supposed to go.

All the AoI projects were great, I just thought you deserved a little shoutout since you did such a good job and it was really close. You had my vote for the win, but sadly, I was outnumbered. :p:D

tcool

@tcool:
The location to me is a bit iffy...It's not like you made a bad choice, it's just that there's already a lot of action and life going on in those areas of DHS already.

As far as executing the trolley goes, you did great! THAT'S what I want to see at DHS! :D

The only real thing with your project is that we wish you made better use of your sentence allotment and went into more detail and elaborated more, but overall it's definitely something I'd like in that park!

Funny thing is the moment after I posted I remembered about the Citizens of Hollywood. However they aren't always out, but the Trolley would be.

I was actually thinking of extending it to Echo Lake, but decided against it seeing as a trolley wouldn't really fit there or in any of the studio themed areas. The only other thing I considered was that The Cinema Stop to be named the Animation Stop due to it's proximity to Animation Courtyard, but decided not too.

I changed it all last minute to be honest. I had a previous concept, but was unsure of it. So I decided to scrap it and then came in the trolleys.

spacemt354

Chili's
Funny thing is the moment after I posted I remembered about the Citizens of Hollywood. However they aren't always out, but the Trolley would be.

I was actually thinking of extending it to Echo Lake, but decided against it seeing as a trolley wouldn't really fit there or in any of the studio themed areas. The only other thing I considered was that The Cinema Stop to be named the Animation Stop due to it's proximity to Animation Courtyard, but decided not too.

I changed it all last minute to be honest. I had a previous concept, but was unsure of it. So I decided to scrap it and then came in the trolleys.
As an aside, I really think DHS needs a trolley system like the one you proposed. It would not only add a sort of psuedo attraction, but make the area a lot more energized. And with the hat gone, it wouldn't feel out of place. I would have it go from the entrance to the Tot, just for traffic sake, but it was a really good thought!

Something like this...

sunsetatdescanso.jpg

Voxel

President of Progress City
As an aside, I really think DHS needs a trolley system like the one you proposed. It would not only add a sort of psuedo attraction, but make the area a lot more energized. And with the hat gone, it wouldn't feel out of place. I would have it go from the entrance to the Tot, just for traffic sake, but it was a really good thought!

Something like this...

sunsetatdescanso.jpg
The only downside from starting from the entrance is how crowded the Entrance of HWS is already. They could run into the issues they had with the Omni-bus where itbecame a safety concern to guest.

jdmdisney99

Restaurants :

The exterior of the restaurant will be none other than the famed train the Orient Express.
Interior:

Based on Agatha's Christies famous book (later turned into a film), this dining experience will place guest into a rail car sized dining hall themed after the dining all from the famous Orient Express. A mahogany wood lines the walls and furniture with a white cloth covering each of the tables. To the side of each table, a pink topped lambs will lightly reflect against the window. While not the roomies of dining halls, the carriage will provide a realistic environment. The car will rattle and shimming back and forth during the greeting of guest and hostess, while the snowy landscape complete with falling snow rolls by the window. The cast of actresses and Actor will be seen walking in with the guest and walked towards the end of the carriage as if they are walking through the train to reach the next carriage.

Dinning will start when the drama of the night begins, a scream will come from the carriage as the body of Mr. Rachett is found stabbed to death in his locked carriage with the window open. The night will continue as the other 13 passengers convene in the dinning car, sitting amongst the guest as they discuss the murder and attempt to discover which one among the was the killer. To provide a varying experience for the guest one key thing will be changed from the original plot line, the Killer. The killer will change from show to show, allowing guest a new plot twist each time. To compensate for this, the cast will make changes to the script and make it up as they go at certain points as long as they follow the plot. Another elements to bring in guest involvement, the cast will treat the dining guest as fellow passenger's. So watch out, or you might find yourself among the accused.

Menu:

All tables include a Great British Cheese board feature a college of British cheeses such as West Country Farmhouse Cheddar, Mozzarella, Double Gloucester and Red Leicester for all guest to enjoy and experience. Includes a side of bread.

Main Course:

Seared salmon:

A pan seared Salmon accompanied by a lemon and mustard dressing, with a side of Crayfish and Steamed Vegetables.

Chicken Tarragon:

Sautéed chicken with broccoli cooked in a light garlic, white wine and tarragon sauce.

Seasonal Soup:

Ask your server what the season soup is.

Slow Cooked Beef:

A slow cook organic beef with roasted winter vegetables and potatoes.

Baked Eggplant Parmesan ~ Sliced eggplant breaded, baked and layered

with provolone cheese and marinara sauce.

Orecchiette with Rapini and Goat Cheese~ Slightly bitter rapini (also known as broccoli rabe), marries well with tangy goat cheese in a pasta recipe

Dessert

Triple Chocolate Mouse cake ~ Three luxurious layers of solid Mousse-Milk Chocolate, White Chocolate and Mocha Mousse atop a fudgy base of flourless chocolate cake and piled high with chocolate shavings.

Tempura Cheesecake ~ Cheesecake Tempura battered and friend, topped with chocolate ganache

White Chocolate Mouse ~ Two thick and lusty layers of satiny White Chocolate Mousse with a thin layer of moist yellow cake in between. Piled high with White Chocolate shavings.

Raspberries N’ Cream ~ A thick layer of intensely flavored pink Raspberry Mousse with center layers of chocolate cake, whipped cream and fresh raspberries. Finished with a Raspberry Glaze

Drinks

Sleeping Car

Apricot infused Cognac, Calvados, Lemon Juice, Mint and Bitters

Irish Coffee

A vanilla coffee mixed with an Traditional Irish Creme.

The Agatha

Old Tom Gin, lemon with house-made strawberry-sage soda

Orient Express

Smirnoff® Vanilla Twist vodka, with Frangelico® hazelnut liqueur, Bailey's® Irish cream, and espresso with a pinch of cream, cinnamon and sugar

Traditional Red and White wine list.

Water
Finally read this book. Love the project even more Team Sea!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom