East Parking Garage construction

halltd

not structural support for the finished garage, but you have to hold the weight of the curing concrete on the floor above with something... once the concrete is cured, then the pylons(columns) and the rebar will hold it.

You don't need a concrete slab to support the formwork and shoring. I've worked on plenty of projects where the ground floor slab is poured months after the rest of the structure is completed and the shoring bears right on dirt.

roj2323

You don't need a concrete slab to support the formwork and shoring. I've worked on plenty of projects where the ground floor slab is poured months after the rest of the structure is completed and the shoring bears right on dirt.
In florida it's more like sand so the pad is necessary.

halltd

In florida it's more like sand so the pad is necessary.
The last project I worked on was a high rise with parking garage on the first 9 floors in south Florida and we didn't pour the ground floor slab until we we were on floor 12, but ok.

roj2323

The last project I worked on was a high rise with parking garage on the first 9 floors in south Florida and we didn't pour the ground floor slab until we we were on floor 12, but ok.
I think we can agree that it can be done either way. In this case the floor will go first as that's how they did it for the west garage. No point in arguing about it.

roj2323

From I -4
image.jpg
I was not driving.

RayTheFirefly

Maybe either the Pineapple garage or the Grapefruit garage?

But has it ever actually been 'confirmed' the first garage is orange like the fruit and not orange like the color?

I believe there are pictures of oranges (the fruit) on the signage.

EDIT: There are.

West Side (Orange) Parking Garage photo update as of Tuesday, Dec 23. The parking availability indicator sign is up at the east end of the garage, although not functional yet.

View attachment 77289

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom