New Center Stage at Disney's Hollywood Studios

I'm having a hard time understanding your point. No one wanted them to construct a permanent stage- so now they've just used a temporary and people still hate it? What's the alternative?
We'd rather have no SWW or frozen summer or shows for the worst park at WDW with such a lack of attractions it's pathetic?

Again- I don't get the complaints. I'd rather have a permanent stage personally, but I'm not sure if they're actually ever going to get one.

I'm also failing to see how this is news- it's the same stage they've used for years at DHS- now you just have more room without the hat.

The news is that for a few days, the park's entry has looked better than it has in a decade, only to by blocked by that stage! ;) I'll be glad to see it go in due time once the events are over. Normally, I try not to complain about this sort of stuff but compared to the stage at Magic Kingdom, leave a legacy at EPCOT and the nice entry to the Tree of Life, Hollywood Studios really is sub-par with that stage. In fact, I think I would have preferred a stage + hat compared to this aesthetically speaking. There's really no other Disney Park landmark around the globe that has a giant unthemed stage front and center blocking the landmark. Not even DCA or Studios Paris have that problem. :) At least it's only temporary though.

Red Sox

Cause no reason to go there.... it would be a wasted area for these type of events....

Argue with that all you want but this is the best spot for these type of events in this park....

This is temp for a specific event.... they would not have torn down the hat to just block it like this forever....

Putting a stage there where they hold these special types of events would create a reason to go there would it not?

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Just so we're on the same page- so we put the stage at SOA and what- not do fireworks? Not have a fallout area, etc?
It was proved last week fireworks can be done for a SOA crowd.

The area is comparable in size and capacity to Hollywood Blvd. If they put a stage on the old tram turnaround area in front of the bathrooms.

It was proved last week fireworks can be done for a SOA crowd.

The area is comparable in size and capacity to Hollywood Blvd. If they put a stage on the old tram turnaround area in front of the bathrooms.

That's actually a good idea, but the fireworks used for SOA would never be approved for regular use - especially if there's wind. Perhaps they could get away with something further away, but I'd hate to see the gridlock if they tried to put a real fireworks show there for normal day guests. It's bad enough with hours and hours of Osrbourne Lights, I'd hate to see what happen with hours worth of people all attempt to cram in there at one time for pyro even if they expanded the area into the tram tour.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
What fireworks were they? I must have missed that

I don't see how that can be a comparable size at all. Being there for frozen summer last year and the parade (now two)- as well as Osborne last year- I simply don't see how they could possible have the coronation parade at SOA. Also- isn't there a parade route to consider?
Keep the parade where it is with a mini stage in the vicinity.

I've seen the crowds too. I did Frozen Summer (including the zoo of the last night) plus Friday the 13th Villains Night the first time. SOA is for intents and purpose the same length as Hollywood. Plus you've the old Washington Sq space. Plus you've the street to and in front of Premiere Theatre with a clear view of the stage area. Plus you've a perfect spot on the main crossroads for a second LCD screen.

But I'm not an armchair engineer. People get paid to think these things.

The fireworks you missed

dstrawn9889

I gues

Yes. Even though I won't win this, it just felt more streamlined to me with the hat behind it.
ok this must be a new definition of streamlined...
  • design or provide with a form that presents very little resistance to a flow of air or water, increasing speed and ease of movement.
so the stage in front of the hat made flow easier in the hub, even though it took up more than DOUBLE the footprint?

MonorailLover

ok this must be a new definition of streamlined...
  • design or provide with a form that presents very little resistance to a flow of air or water, increasing speed and ease of movement.
so the stage in front of the hat made flow easier in the hub, even though it took up more than DOUBLE the footprint?

As I said, it felt more streamlined to ME

cjk0318

11188409_10104996286708281_2963969902258248231_n.jpg

cjk0318

Interesting. Obviously they are creating a backstage area for the people that will be on stage, but doesn't the curved area already have a concrete ramp in it?

Since this is for SWW, I wonder if they need the ramps to get droids on and off stage.
Precisely.

Disneyhead'71

Cause no reason to go there.... it would be a wasted area for these type of events....

Argue with that all you want but this is the best spot for these type of events in this park....

This is temp for a specific event.... they would not have torn down the hat to just block it like this forever....
I bet it's there for SWW and stays through The Coolest Summer Ever. I am positive that is where the Olaf show that will play through the summer will be. I hope it comes down in Sept. and a more nuanced stage is built.

Vegas Disney Fan

Keep the parade where it is with a mini stage in the vicinity.

SOA is for intents and purpose the same length as Hollywood. Plus you've the old Washington Sq space. Plus you've the street to and in front of Premiere Theatre with a clear view of the stage area. Plus you've a perfect spot on the main crossroads for a second LCD screen.

But I'm not an armchair engineer. People get paid to think these things.

This would be a great place for the stage, hopefully they didn't put it here because this area is about to be a construction zone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom