The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
True about the film being underrated although I think Princess Tiana has a pretty good presence in Disneyland with the finale of the Magical Map, a major parade float, and a meet and greet. I am surprised that Disney hasn't taken advantage of a very easy tie-in by creating a Tiana's Place restaurants in New Orleans Square in Disneyland and at Port Orleans French Quarter at WDW, kind of seems like a no brainer.

In comparison to Frozen, The Princess and the Frog doesn't have much.

Vegas Disney Fan

In comparison to Frozen, The Princess and the Frog doesn't have much.

With Frozen Fun ending next week what else does Frozen have at DLR? All I can think of is the sing along, the meet and greet, and the pre parade float. Considering it's Disney's newest and highest grossing film vs a 6 year old film that did a billion less in box office that's pretty similar offerings.

I love P&Frog but it's already got a larger presence than Brave, Tangled, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Pocahontas, and Mulan (and those are just the Princess movies, that doesn't even count movies like Lion King, Wreck it Ralph, Wall-E, Ratatouille, Lilo and Stitch, Hercules, Hunchback and the dozens of others that are simply missing from DLR). I don't think it's fair to only compare it to the newest movie they are still heavily promoting.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
With Frozen Fun ending next week what else does Frozen have at DLR? All I can think of is the sing along, the meet and greet, and the pre parade float. Considering it's Disney's newest and highest grossing film vs a 6 year old film that did a billion less in box office that's pretty similar offerings.

I love P&Frog but it's already got a larger presence than Brave, Tangled, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Pocahontas, and Mulan (and those are just the Princess movies, that doesn't even count movies like Lion King, Wreck it Ralph, Wall-E, Ratatouille, Lilo and Stitch, Hercules, Hunchback and the dozens of others that are simply missing from DLR).

Not to mention Frozen replaced Beauty and the Beast and Frozen in Fantasy Faire and Frozen was put in Storybook. Oh, and Frozen will have a float in Paint the Night and receive its own segment in Forever.

PacNWTigger

True about the film being underrated although I think Princess Tiana has a pretty good presence in Disneyland with the finale of the Magical Map, a major parade float, and a meet and greet. I am surprised that Disney hasn't taken advantage of a very easy tie-in by creating a Tiana's Place restaurants in New Orleans Square in Disneyland and at Port Orleans French Quarter at WDW, kind of seems like a no brainer.
I love the idea of having Tiana's Place in NOS!!! That place would have the best beignets ever...according to Tiana that is. ;)

FerretAfros

Wow, these new windows will be awesome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=132&v=15trHz91-4U

The beloved Main Street animated windows will come to life once again for the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration as Main Street Enchanted Windows. Since the early 1960s, scenes from Disney animated classics have been featured in the windows of the Emporium at Disneyland park. This year, for the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, these classic windows will be updated with new, exciting technology and effects.

There will be a total of six Main Street Enchanted Windows. The first two, featuring the stories of “Peter Pan” and “Cinderella,” will be unveiled in May, followed by “Frozen” and “The Princess and the Frog” in July, and “Toy Story” and “Aladdin” in August.

Source:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/05/˜new-main-street-enchanted-windows-to-debut-for-disneyland-resort-diamondcelebration/
Anybody else think it's ironic that they posted this today, on the 10-year anniversary of the unveiling of the previous windows? That was all part of the launch of the 50th on 05/05/05. That blog post had to be on purpose, right?

These models look great (more like the castle walkthrough scenes than normal window displays), but I sure hope these ones don't last as long as their predecessors...

Figments Friend

I love the unity present within Disneylanders and our connection to the park. This photo really captures that feeling I'm sure my fellow DL fans can relate to, especially those who grew up with it. It really is our park.

Thanks Raven.
Yeah the vibe there that night was great.
Very relaxed and people were just hanging out, sitting there watching the Show.

Figments Friend

Some of the new diamond banners going up on the lampposts (photos by @tahrihc78 on Twitter)

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-04%20at%209.28.52%20PM_1.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-05-04%20at%209.28.44%20PM_1.png

Ooooo...pretty!
I like these quite a bit.
Even more then the ones in front of the Castle now.

:)

Figments Friend

Don't forget about Cafe Orleans' window display - they have small figures of Tiana and Naveen as frogs on a revolving display of 'food' in one of the side windows facing the exit to POTC.

:)

Figments Friend

Kevin & Jody shared this neat photo tribute to Master Yale Gracey ( of Haunted Mansion fame...) recently and i thought it would be worth sharing here since it relates to the 60th.

Although NOT the actual Hatbox Ghost figure that is being placed back inside the Attraction, it is something to hope for as it think this figure looks pretty nice.

This was a figure they made for a display a few years ago.
They are not involved in the new Hatty that will soon appear ( or is it disappear..? ) in the Haunted Mansion.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

So, according to a cast member friend, one of the floats is not done being assembled, and may not be until after premiere.
I'm sorry but why is it not done??? It should be ready to go! Did the CM say how long after the 22nd it will be in PTN? Please let's not have another summer like we had with F! back in 2009!

GiveMeTheMusic

And where is that float? I have bad eyes, you must give me a time in the video, man! Screw the Apple Dumpling Gang float, where's the Black Cauldron float? I must know.

You have to squint really hard at the very end. It's Mack the truck, then Darby O'Gill, then Apple Dumpling Gang, then Black Cauldron.

The missing float coming after the premiere is the Home on the Range float.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom