Could Paint the Night hold up as long as the other Light Parades

todd23

LEDs don't burn out with nearly the same frequency that an incandescent bulb does. It's the nature of how it works.

And, anyone with any basic soldering skills can replace an LED. Sure, it's not as simple as unscrewing a lightbulb, but it's not that difficult.

I do agree with you on the music though...it is pretty bad. I've watched the Hong Kong version online and wasn't really all that impressed. Give me the classic MSEP any day.

I am a big fan of the HKDL Paint the Night music. I have watched (and listened) to numerous videos and it is perfect. My wife and I have joked about a trip to HKDL solely because of Paint the Night!

That's why the world is great...all different opinions out there.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I am a big fan of the HKDL Paint the Night music. I have watched (and listened) to numerous videos and it is perfect. My wife and I have joked about a trip to HKDL solely because of Paint the Night!

That's why the world is great...all different opinions out there.
As long as you don't screw with MSEP, I'm fine. <wink>

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
In my opinion the best suited place for that parade to me would be Hollywoood Studios and DCA believe it or not. Hollywood could use a nighttime show.

Travel Junkie

That's what I have been thinking as well that PTN would be a better fit for DCA...

I would gather that most Disneyland locals like myself would conclude that a nighttime parade only belongs at Disneyland and not DCA. It’s been a tradition and the electrical parades short stint at DCA didn't seem right. It wouldn’t feel right to have a nighttime parade anywhere else but going down Main St. in Disneyland. At least to someone who grew up with it.

And to add with DL being open later it makes sense to put the parade there.

TTA94

The fact that PTN has Pixar in it and is very modern/upbeat seems to fit DCA better than DL... However, I do feel that a light parade should be at the Magic Kingdoms, not other parks.

Now what Could have been awesome is if they returned MSEP to DL for the 60th, maybe update the floats, then have PTN at DCA. It is a shame that DCA is only getting a new WOC show for the 60th and no new parade :-/ but that's going off topic lol.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Have you seen the parade in Hong Kong?
Yeah, it reminds me of a middle school dance, the lights are advanced but the design and shape of the units are boring and there are only 7 of them not to mention very body. The older units are more incredible to me baca use the lights were molded much more to the scenery. Disneyland will have to make theirs a whole lot different to sell me on it. As someone who isn't into daytime parades or anything but light parades I have to say for parades released in the last 5 years Festival of Fantasy is the winner. And if I have to choose between Paint the Night and Festival of Fantasy all lit up I would pick Festival of fantasy.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom